What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera cantabria vs hot springs prism  (Read 9679 times)

Chadm

Caldera cantabria vs hot springs prism
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:45:47 pm »
Just beginning to look at tubs and these are of interest any thoughts? Any info would be much appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera cantabria vs hot springs prism
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:45:47 pm »

castletonia

Re: Caldera cantabria vs hot springs prism
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 04:38:35 pm »
Both Hot Spring and Caldera are made by Watkins so there are going to be similarities.  As a current Hot Spring dealer and former Caldera dealer, I don't really think you can go wrong with either. 

The Prism is more open concept and will seat 1-2 more people comfortably than the Cantabria.  The Prism has in my opinion better filtration with the dual filter vs the Cantabria only having one.  Prism is salt water compatible where the Cantabria is not.  I have a lot of customers prefer the saltwater, but YMMV.  There is more lighting in the Prism and for me, I fit in it much better than I did in the Cantabria.  Both my wife and I along with numerous customers who tried our display model floated in the lounger where in the Prism, at least my wife and I do not have the same problem.

The Cantabria has in my opinion a nicer looking exterior.  If you do not float in the lounger, I think it will offer better/more diverse therapy due to the UltraMassage sequencer in the lounge.  Cantabria has the touch screen control panel where the Prism has the more tradition control panel with physical buttons. 

Pricing should be similar on both. 

If these are the two models you are deciding between, I would base my decision on the wet test and the dealer.   

Chadm

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 04:55:03 pm »
Thank you good info.

Chadm

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 04:56:20 pm »
How are the warranties on both companies?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 06:06:02 pm »
Both Hot Spring and Caldera are made by Watkins so there are going to be similarities.  As a current Hot Spring dealer and former Caldera dealer, I don't really think you can go wrong with either. 

The Prism is more open concept and will seat 1-2 more people comfortably than the Cantabria.  The Prism has in my opinion better filtration with the dual filter vs the Cantabria only having one.  Prism is salt water compatible where the Cantabria is not.  I have a lot of customers prefer the saltwater, but YMMV.  There is more lighting in the Prism and for me, I fit in it much better than I did in the Cantabria.  Both my wife and I along with numerous customers who tried our display model floated in the lounger where in the Prism, at least my wife and I do not have the same problem.

The Cantabria has in my opinion a nicer looking exterior.  If you do not float in the lounger, I think it will offer better/more diverse therapy due to the UltraMassage sequencer in the lounge.  Cantabria has the touch screen control panel where the Prism has the more tradition control panel with physical buttons. 

Pricing should be similar on both. 

If these are the two models you are deciding between, I would base my decision on the wet test and the dealer.

One thing to add onto this is if you are considering a tub with salt the Cantabria now has the same salt system as the 2019 Hot Spring Tubs. Ace is out and the freshwater salt system is the new system on both. I have it on my Caldera Geneva. Warranties should be identical on the 2. Insulation is the same on both. The Cantabria is from the Utopia series, has 3 pumps and is from the highest end of the Caldera line. Have had good luck with Caldera in general as far as warranty is concerned. Both these tubs are made on the same line at the Watkins Wellness factory. Reliability should be equal on both brands. I personally feel that Caldera makes a more comfortable run to sit in versus the Hot Spring. That’s a personal opinion though. Try both and see what you like better. I would think the Cantabria would be prices a little higher then the Prism but not sure as I’m not a HS dealer

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 06:35:53 pm »
I wasn't going to be the one to mention Freshwater Salt since it hasn't been officially announced yet  ;D

Both have 3 pumps.  As long as you don't float in the lounger, I think the Cantabria is great.  I floated and so did my wife (I'm 5'8 and she is 5'5) for reference.  Warranty coverage is the same on both.  Again, same parent company.  Based on the last pricing I had for Caldera, I would have priced the Cantabria $500 more than what I price a Prism for. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 06:41:27 pm »
I wasn't going to be the one to mention Freshwater Salt since it hasn't been officially announced yet  ;D

Both have 3 pumps.  As long as you don't float in the lounger, I think the Cantabria is great.  I floated and so did my wife (I'm 5'8 and she is 5'5) for reference.  Warranty coverage is the same on both.  Again, same parent company.  Based on the last pricing I had for Caldera, I would have priced the Cantabria $500 more than what I price a Prism for.

what is a freshwater saltwater system? isn't that an oxymoron?

Chadm

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 06:43:12 pm »
I received a price of 12,500 for the cantabria does that seem right?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 06:46:23 pm »

if that is a brand new unit with steps, cover, lifter, delivery, water-care kit it's an amazing price...I was selling the 'Prism' (formerly 'Gleam' I think lol) for more money than that 4 years ago LOL

castletonia

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:38 pm »

Regardless of whether it is a 2018 or 2019, very good price.  Should be closer to $15,000.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 07:06:50 pm »
$12,500 is ridiculously low. I’m at $15k all day. Only reason I mentioned freshwater is because it’s been available on all Utopias for the last 2-3 months. I have a couple in my showroom and a few out in the field already. @twincities it is Watkins new salt system. I’m sure you will be reading about it sooner rather then later.

Chadm

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 07:25:27 pm »
So what exactly is the freshwater salt system? Is it like salt like ocean water

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 08:58:30 pm »
No it’s not. You use a low level of salt between 1500-2000 parts per million and the salt through electrolyce becomes chlorine. Low maintenance way of maintaining a hot tub. If the tub was made before November or so of 2018 it has what is called the spa frog system built into it. I’m guessing by the price you were quoted it’s a floor model without the salt system in it. Whereabouts in the country are you?  I have had tubs with both systems. The freshwater Geneva I have now has only been at my house for a few months now. It has maintained the tub with minimal maintenance but I also had good luck with both the spa frog system and a nature 2 system in the past. Is the tub you are looking at a floor model?

Chadm

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 09:10:45 pm »
It wasn’t a floor model he quoted October of 2018 that feature seems nice! I’m located in southern I’ll very near stl.

Chadm

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:28 pm »
Southern il

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42