What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Big warning for Coyote spas and Artic spas  (Read 3953 times)

philipswe

Big warning for Coyote spas and Artic spas
« on: November 27, 2018, 03:42:35 am »
 I want to make big warning for these spas since i think the quality is really poor and the customer service sucks.

I bought one of their bigger models called Coyote Cheftain (3500 Liters) and already after 6 years I have to throw it. It got like 40 bubbles in the shell which led to cracks and leaking. The warranty for the acryl is only 3 years but I really dont think it should leak out already.

Nothing but no in response from the company. My friends who bought Chinaspas has better quality and longer lifetime.

Really sad since this model should have been top model specialmade for the cold climate. THis time I will try a Chinaspa.

Hot Tub Forum

Big warning for Coyote spas and Artic spas
« on: November 27, 2018, 03:42:35 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Big warning for Coyote spas and Artic spas
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:01:05 am »
I want to make big warning for these spas since i think the quality is really poor and the customer service sucks.

I bought one of their bigger models called Coyote Cheftain (3500 Liters) and already after 6 years I have to throw it. It got like 40 bubbles in the shell which led to cracks and leaking. The warranty for the acryl is only 3 years but I really dont think it should leak out already.

Nothing but no in response from the company. My friends who bought Chinaspas has better quality and longer lifetime.

Really sad since this model should have been top model specialmade for the cold climate. THis time I will try a Chinaspa.

There is typically a difference between shell warranty for cosmetic issues vs actual leak issues where I suspect the warranty goes beyond 3 years. If you aren't getting a response from the dealer try to find a factory number.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 02:57:41 pm »
The shell surface (acrylic) will have a different warranty that the fiberglass structure.  If the acrylic blisters, or delaminates, I don't see how that would cause the tub to leak, since it should have no impact on the structural integrity of the shell.  Climate likely has nothing to do with it.  I've only seen 1-2 spas in 18 years where the shell developed blisters and none of them leaked.  Both were also due to being left open when empty in direct sunlight.

I'm not an Arctic dealer of fan, but I still believe they are night and day better than a Chinese made spa.  If your dealer is being unresponsive, contact Arctic directly. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 03:30:42 pm »
It will be interesting to see if the O.P comes back, frequently when someone creates an account just to bad mouth one brand they don't. But I could be wrong.  The author seems to be from Sweden and may work for a real estate company. FWIW.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 05:13:18 pm »
It will be interesting to see if the O.P comes back, frequently when someone creates an account just to bad mouth one brand they don't. But I could be wrong.  The author seems to be from Sweden and may work for a real estate company. FWIW.

He posted the same thing in the other forum.

bachman

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 11:09:16 pm »
I got a chuckle from the title since Big Warning got my attention. Although I know very little about Artic, they have been around a long time and still seem trusted in the industry.

Often times people are quick to vent and retaliate and as often as not, reading into the details, I find some never really did a good job of representing themselves or the issue.
It does sometimes mean taking a bit more time, but results in a fair resolution if the claim is valid is a heck of a lot better that wasting time complaining and try to dig at their reputation. I'd wager 1/3 of the time it's cases like that and another portion is non warranted claims - people expecting more than deserved. I'll admit there is certainly some bad customer service or poor follow up out there though.
It pays to be relentless, take notes and be assertive, yet friendly. Not easy though.  ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 11:14:47 pm »
I got a chuckle from the title since Big Warning got my attention. Although I know very little about Artic, they have been around a long time and still seem trusted in the industry.

Often times people are quick to vent and retaliate and as often as not, reading into the details, I find some never really did a good job of representing themselves or the issue.
It does sometimes mean taking a bit more time, but results in a fair resolution if the claim is valid is a heck of a lot better that wasting time complaining and try to dig at their reputation. I'd wager 1/3 of the time it's cases like that and another portion is non warranted claims - people expecting more than deserved. I'll admit there is certainly some bad customer service or poor follow up out there though.
It pays to be relentless, take notes and be assertive, yet friendly. Not easy though.  ;)

In the end the part that is off here is the assumption on this spa owner's part that his/her experience is a true representation of what others should expect from this product.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bachman

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 02:46:39 am »
Yeah good mention, that's a key point.
A few hundred customers with a shared experience on a "bad model" would be a different story.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 02:46:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42