What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MicroBan Nonsense?  (Read 10203 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: MicroBan Nonsense?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 12:10:38 pm »

I could have been a MS owner, but our dealer here wasn't too great.  I had a friend with an LX-1050 that I had been in .  We were looking at a model and wanted an 8 footer,  they only had a similar 7 footer on the floor. They told me the 8 footer would be in stock within 10 days and they would set it up for us for a test. 2 years later I am still waiting for that call.

I'm sorry you were treated that way, wmccall.  Thank goodness all MS dealers are not like that......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 12:10:38 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 12:51:44 pm »

I'm sorry you were treated that way, wmccall.  Thank goodness all MS dealers are not like that......
 8)

I'm sure they are not, and you will probably find one bad dealer selling most brands at one time or another.  I did only tell part of the story.  I could have called and said, "Is that tub in yet?"  But I didn't. After our first visit I visited their website and emailed them a question about the model I was looking at.    I got this really irate email back about not selling over the internet and supporting your local dealer.  (the message really was nasty)  I reread my original message and concluded his reading comphrension was too poor and didn't ever want to speak to him again.  (For anyone in Columbus, they drive pink trucks.)

Thinking back to that incident, I checked out thier website http://www.hot-tubs.com/ and see now that I think it is the only hot tub dealer's website I have ever known that never mentions what brands they carry.  When I visited their store they were a Master Spa only store.  Maybe I'll stop in again and see if that is still true.  They carry Leisure Time, which seems like an affordable chemical line. Oh, and oddly enough, they sell these chemicals over the internet.  Support your local dealer as long as it is them I guess!  :o

Ok, going back down memory lane I just got reminded another reason I didn't buy from Masterspa.  There is one minor thing that as far as I know, only Master Spa has in common with Thermospa (I really don't have any reason to dislike the spa)  After being mad at this dealer, I went to Masterspas website and the only way you can get a name of a local dealer is to fill out a form and have them call you. That is a definite sale buster for me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 01:08:38 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaguyohio

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 01:22:08 pm »
When I bought my Master Spa, I just called customer service to find out who the local dealer was. No need to fill out any form via website.  

When I looked at Beachcomber and Marquis both I had to fill out a form on their site to find out who was local. No dealer called me, but I did get a lot of pretty junk mail in my box a few days later.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2004, 01:27:22 pm »

How long ago did you look at Marquis....I know for at least the last year that you just put in your zip code to find your local dealer...no form to fill out.....  http://www.marquisspas.com/locator.asp

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2004, 02:06:25 pm »
Opinions, opinions, opinions.  Why cant we all just get along.
¿

Chris_H

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2004, 02:17:20 pm »
For the one’s who don’t believe tazman on how cheap the side panels on the Master really are, I would recommend you to go to your local Master Spa dealer and knock on each spas cabinet.  Then go to your local Hotspring dealer and do the same thing.  

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 02:30:36 pm »
Oh, man!  I couldn't imagine siting in a hot tub that makes a funny sound when you knock on the cabinet.  Pull your heads out of your a$$e$ people!
¿

Chris_H

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 02:36:52 pm »
Pull your head out of it.  Do you want one that will crack in two years or one that will last for 10?  

zzaphod42

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 04:06:49 pm »
When I bought my Master Spa, I just called customer service to find out who the local dealer was. No need to fill out any form via website.  

When I looked at Beachcomber and Marquis both I had to fill out a form on their site to find out who was local. No dealer called me, but I did get a lot of pretty junk mail in my box a few days later.

I will echo Mendo on this one. Beachcomber has had their dealer locator up for quite a while now as well.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 04:17:55 pm »
For the record:
My Master Spas LSX was delivered on 7/11/04.  I'll be glad to report to the group here when my "cheap" side panels deteriorate into nothingness.  For now, I'm a happy camper--"cheap" side panels, "sleazy" advertising and all!  Gotta keep these MasterBashers busy!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 04:27:14 pm »

I will echo Mendo on this one. Beachcomber has had their dealer locator up for quite a while now as well.

Since you mentioned it, they have had it up, but it was pretty outdated for a long time.  I never heard of Beachcomber till after my purchase. When several people here mentioned their satisfaction with them I checked the site and was told the nearest dealer was 250 miles away.  But then I found two users here who bought from dealers much closer (50 and 75 miles)  Both were in business awhile.  Took another 6 months before they showed up on thier site.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 04:27:56 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

zzaphod42

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2004, 04:33:11 pm »

Since you mentioned it, they have had it up, but it was pretty outdated for a long time.  I never heard of Beachcomber till after my purchase. When several people here mentioned their satisfaction with them I checked the site and was told the nearest dealer was 250 miles away.  But then I found two users here who bought from dealers much closer (50 and 75 miles)  Both were in business awhile.  Took another 6 months before they showed up on thier site.

Wow, I didn't know that. I would have been screaming if my store wasn't showing up on the dealer locator, especially for such a long time!!!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 07:46:14 pm »
Opinions, opinions, opinions.  Why cant we all just get along.

Huh,
That cartoon is a so funny. I think thats what would happen if we all worked a show or fair together. Especialy if Stuart and I were into the tequilla.

Spahappy

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 09:02:02 pm »
Just here to make ya smile ;D
¿

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 09:20:23 pm »

Huh,
That cartoon is a so funny. I think thats what would happen if we all worked a show or fair together. Especialy if Stuart and I were into the tequilla.

Spahappy

No if we were into the tequila we would be much bigger and more indestructible than those two! :P

It has to be one of the better animations I've seen though! I'm like a little kid showing it to everyone!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 09:20:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42