What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Piper Glen -- Some jets not working  (Read 4178 times)

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Piper Glen -- Some jets not working
« on: September 12, 2004, 10:45:41 am »
Hi all.  Just got my new tub hooked up yesterday.  In the maiden soak this AM, noticed that in 2 of the seats only 1/2 of the jets are working.  All pumps turn on fine.  The manual is just about useless for troubleshooting.

Can any owners advise me how to approach -- not sure if I have something not set correctly or if this is a technical malfunction and I need dealer assistance.

TIA.

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Piper Glen -- Some jets not working
« on: September 12, 2004, 10:45:41 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Piper Glen -- Some jets not working
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:48:48 am »
The jets on many spas can be turned off by rotating the trim ring on the jet.  I'm not sure about the Piper Glen, though.  I would post a message on Doc's forum (www.rhtubs.com) for Northman as he owns a Piper Glen.  Good luck and welcome to spatopia!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bethshar

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 08:59:58 pm »
Sorry I can't be of any help here, but I would like to know how you like the Piper Glen - once it is working properly.  I already got my tub, but a friend will be looking soon.  I didn't know about Artesian when I was shopping.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 09:55:20 pm »
we wet tested the piper glen, and it was amazing!  We decided on an optima for a few different reasons, price being one - but the PG was a great tub both from outside and in!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 10:06:33 am »
Hi Big_Ed:

Wind Surf Dog is correct, the Piper Glen has rotating jets.  The "trim" ring of the jet -- the stainless steel ring around it -- rotates.  It's easier to move it when the jets are NOT running.  Some rotate clockwise to open, others rotate counterclockwise.

Also, check both your diverters and, if the new Piper Glens have them, air injector valves.  They should be on "max."

I have a 1999 model of the Piper Glen, so things may have changed.  Please respond back if you need more help.

Good luck!

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 02:25:46 pm »
That did the trick.  Thanks all for your input!  (You'd think this would appear in a manual somewhere?)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 02:25:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42