What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Online Traffic School in California?  (Read 3928 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Online Traffic School in California?
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:20:41 pm »
Hello Californian's. I recently got a traffic ticket and paid extra for traffic school. The ticket and traffic school was over $300--what a rip off.

Anyway, I've never taken an online course before. Can anyone recommend a decent program for me? There are literally several hundred different companies to choose from. I believe the programs are specific for each state for some reason.

Thanks
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Online Traffic School in California?
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:20:41 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Online Traffic School in California?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:35:00 pm »
I did the on-line school a few years ago...... From what I could tell they all looked pretty much the same.

The test is suposed to take 8 hours *GULP*............ The way it works, you read a paragraph, then answert a question, clicking one of 4 multipul choice answers..

Ok, so here's the deal. DON'T read the paragraph! Read the first 2 answers only. They will tell you what the paragraph was about. Remember, ONLY read the first 2 answers. If one of them sounds like the correct answer click it. If neither do, click any of the other two answers. If you get the answer wrong, click your back button and try another answer..

Try it! I got about 15% done with the test in about an hour.......... Then tried this method and finished in 20 minutes.................
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:32:27 pm »
Try it! I got about 15% done with the test in about an hour.......... Then tried this method and finished in 20 minutes.................

but did you become a better, safer citizen?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 12:33:38 am »
Defensive driving is taught for a reason........ GET OUTA MY WAY!  ;D

Seriously, does anyone learn anything, of value, in traffic school?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 02:19:38 am »
Thanks Doc. I'll try your method. I was thinking if it takes 8 hours on the computer I would rather go to regular class, eat pizza, and then take a nap....

I did the on-line school a few years ago...... From what I could tell they all looked pretty much the same.

The test is suposed to take 8 hours *GULP*............ The way it works, you read a paragraph, then answert a question, clicking one of 4 multipul choice answers..

Ok, so here's the deal. DON'T read the paragraph! Read the first 2 answers only. They will tell you what the paragraph was about. Remember, ONLY read the first 2 answers. If one of them sounds like the correct answer click it. If neither do, click any of the other two answers. If you get the answer wrong, click your back button and try another answer..

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 09:40:16 am »
My wife just did defensivedriving.com this weekend.  Took her the big part of two days to do it.  But, she is meticulous.  She just can't drive worth a crap.

I've never gotten a ticket in my life.  There's no need to be in a big hurry to get anywhere a few minutes faster, unless you have irritable bowels, which I don't, thankfully.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 12:24:24 pm »
hey gombo....you have to take it easy on winchester road, but you should already know this ;D
Marquis dealer

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 01:14:33 pm »
I remember when I took the on-line course I really read it and it took awhile. Then I took the test and figured out it tells you which you got wrong and gives you a couple oppurtunities to redo those questions and my first thought was it would have been easier to take the test and then just look up the questions I got wrong. Oh well, next time (and there will probably be a next time).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 02:12:14 pm »
Typical government idiocy.  I had to take a self study boat safety and law review certification for my deputy reserve unit in order to patrol the local lakes.  The state DNR sent me a packet with a couple rule books, and a test.   The test was unsupervised.
The instructions on the test said not to peek at the book while I took the test.
I sent the test back and got my certification.  Don't even know if anyone at the state actually looked at my test booklet.  
Brewman

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 12:51:41 pm »
My woman had to do the online thing here in Ca. You can't just wizz through it now. They have timers on the pages that make you spend a certain minimum of time - so you might as well read the question.
In the end - it took 8 hours.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 12:51:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42