What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Yellow/brown issue  (Read 2846 times)

bradleyabell

Yellow/brown issue
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
Hello fellow hot tubbers...I just purged my tub...Drained and refilled.  I used a metal remover product when filling and am now working to get Alk/PH at the proper levels.

The one issue I'm having, that I've never had before is a yellow/brown stain on the water line, and all over the filters.  The water is also very very cloudy.  Any ideas what could be causing this and what I can do to fix?  I've already shocked and put defender and bright&clear in the tub.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Yellow/brown issue
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »

Marco P

Re: Yellow/brown issue
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 03:53:19 pm »
might be biofilm, or oils on the water.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 06:08:47 pm »
  If it's new water it's not biofilm, it's probably just tannins/crap in your water.  Using Bright n clear will give you that line, rinse the filters real well and just let it keep doing what it is doing.   I wouldn't add anything else in at this point till you start using it.    Baking soda on a damp rag will get rid of the line pretty easily.   

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 07:32:41 am »
  If it's new water it's not biofilm, it's probably just tannins/crap in your water.  Using Bright n clear will give you that line, rinse the filters real well and just let it keep doing what it is doing.   I wouldn't add anything else in at this point till you start using it.    Baking soda on a damp rag will get rid of the line pretty easily.

Thank you!  I am also finding it hard to maintain any level of bromine.  Not sure if as you said, this also could be because of something in the water that it is trying to burn off.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »
my 1st guess, albeit a guess, is that the purged funk was not completely evacuated.  i've seen some real nasty stuff come out of flushed spas.  if you've never seen this before in your water supply, and you noticed only after your 1st purge, my moneys on that.  did you take your filters out when purging?

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »
my 1st guess, albeit a guess, is that the purged funk was not completely evacuated.  i've seen some real nasty stuff come out of flushed spas.  if you've never seen this before in your water supply, and you noticed only after your 1st purge, my moneys on that.  did you take your filters out when purging?

Yes we always take filters out when purging, per instructions. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42