What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone use MySpace?  (Read 5567 times)

Brookenstein

Anyone use MySpace?
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:13:45 pm »
I just joined and have no 'friends'  :'( so I was curious if anyone else is on there.  Even though there are 48million odd members it seems like 47million of them are under 18.

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone use MySpace?
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:13:45 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Anyone use MySpace?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:09:51 pm »
Brooke, Funny you should ask, my friend and I spent quite a long time on
Myspace today in shock. Many of the young girls that our kids are good friends with (middle school 12-13 year olds) have posted pictures, and far too much information on pages that they have created on that site. I am sure that they have no idea of how dangerous that can be. They also use a site called Xanga and link to Myspace. It appears that they are using camera phones and digital cameras to post pictures of friends, many unaware that their images are out in cyberspace, again with far too much information.
For adults, this may be a way to meet people and share information, but what we have found with these kids has blown us out of the water! The problem is, how do we approach the parents? My one friend's daughter posted a lot of bogus information about her age and sexual experience, but too much accurate information about where she goes to school and the activities that she participates in.  Let me know what you think about the info you find on that site. Thanks
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:03:46 pm »
My son uses myspace and like Bonibelle I was surprised to see what's on there. Some of the underage girls are showing stuff they really shouldn't and the info they put on there is unbelievable. And you're right, most are young teens.

I don't like it myself but my wife and I are trying to be cool since my son is a good kid. I do monitor things on a once a week basis to keep him honest though.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 11:31:12 pm »
My daughter just signed up and started using it last week.  I'm not too worried about it considering she's almost 19.

Maybe I'll have her show me how to use it and then I could be your friend!
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 10:15:57 am »
Ok, so now my conservative nature will come through.  I never heard of the site until now and so I took a peek and...

I would never allow my daughter access to the site as long as she lived with me.

Topics on sexual orientation, partying, requests to be contacted.  Sorry, but I will probably turn out to be pretty protective of my daughter.  Granted she is only four year old right now.

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 12:00:44 pm »
I haven't checked out the forums or anything yet really.  I have no desire or time to really do that.  I just wanted a profile to try to connect with old friends and in case I wanted to start a blog.  

I did a search of the local highschool and was shocked that there were 1370 entries.  I have no idea what the population is at the highschool, but I'd say thats a hefty percentage of the population.  I can't believe the kind of info they provide... aye yaye yaye.

Its funny I've only had 11 views of my profile, but I've had 2 people (strangers) contact me already.  Scary stuff out there....

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »
Brooke, how about classmates.com? When we had a class reunion we used that site and it helped us to connect with old friends and catch up on class mates. You do have to pay to join and get all the abilities to access stuff, but it may be safer and at least you would know who you are talking to.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 05:16:03 pm »
what is your username?

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 01:01:09 pm »
what is your username?

Ray

Why?  You gonna check out my cheesy site?   :)

Brookenstein was taken, so its not that.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 01:17:56 pm »
Yes I was, but i guess you don't want a friend eh??

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

mrallan

• Big Bubbles, No Troubles...
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 12:54:04 pm »
You are correct , though if you browse groups you will find groups like over 50 etc.. perhaps even something to do with Spas, massage etc.. It is fun to look at some of the follow me to my pay site gals !!

mrallan

• Big Bubbles, No Troubles...
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 12:59:59 pm »
Hey I am 50 , but I remember some of the "Things" I did in Texas while in HighSchool ( which involved girls) and well then you had to provide some charm and perhaps a bit of Pot but the effect was to get them to your house for some sort of sex play while parents were at work. On MySpace at least you get kids from oppsite sitedes of the country "Talking" about sex but the incident of actually getting down and doing the deed are likely much less than when I ( we were young teens , pre HIV etc..) so talk is pretty safe I think .

Anoroc

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 01:54:47 pm »
On MySpace at least you get kids from oppsite sides of the country "Talking" about sex but the incident of actually getting down and doing the deed are likely much less than when I ( we were young teens , pre HIV etc..) so talk is pretty safe I think .

Somehow your statement does not make me feel any better about this site.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 01:55:09 pm by anaroc »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 03:45:36 pm »
Hey I am 50 , but I remember some of the "Things" I did in Texas while in HighSchool ( which involved girls) and well then you had to provide some charm and perhaps a bit of Pot but the effect was to get them to your house for some sort of sex play while parents were at work. On MySpace at least you get kids from oppsite sitedes of the country "Talking" about sex but the incident of actually getting down and doing the deed are likely much less than when I ( we were young teens , pre HIV etc..) so talk is pretty safe I think .

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ummmmmmm, while that "sounds" logical.......... sorry, not even close to correct.. Yes the talk goes on cross country, BUT, it's a LOT easier to ummmmmmmmm, meet local "partisipants" as the pickins is a lot wider..... NO I DON'T yet have and personal experience, but I have a younger friend..or two.........
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:03 pm »
On MySpace at least you get kids from oppsite sitedes of the country "Talking" about sex but the incident of actually getting down and doing the deed are likely much less than when I ( we were young teens , pre HIV etc..) so talk is pretty safe I think .

Not even close to being true. Nowadays it seems like they have sex as kind of a favor to each other.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42