What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying a New Tub!  (Read 3089 times)

TJR-RI

Buying a New Tub!
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:56:44 pm »
We're buying our first Hot Tub and I believe we've narrowed it down to 3 tubs; Bullfrog A7L or A8L, and Artesian Dove Canyon.  Looking for a powerful tub with plenty of room to move around.  I realize these are expensive tubs but I can make it happen and don't want to be left wanting more in a year or 2.  Any insight from present owners and experts would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Buying a New Tub!
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:56:44 pm »

castletonia

Re: Buying a New Tub!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 03:57:24 pm »
Both are quality products from reputable company's.  I would also suggest checking out Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis, Sundance, and Jacuzzi if you have not already. 

The best advice I can offer is to wet test.  Power isn't everything and you can have too much power.  The jet placement, size, and type of jet are equally important and no one can tell you what will feel best for you.

TJR-RI

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »
Thanks Castletonia, much appreciated. I'll try to look at 1 or 2 more manufacturers that you referenced, but I for sure don't have time for all of them.

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:16:21 am »
Both are quality products from reputable company's.  I would also suggest checking out Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis, Sundance, and Jacuzzi if you have not already. 

The best advice I can offer is to wet test.  Power isn't everything and you can have too much power.  The jet placement, size, and type of jet are equally important and no one can tell you what will feel best for you.

Same advice here: Get in all 3 of the tubs with the jets running and see what you like the best.  That's really the one way you'll know for sure!

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 10:43:45 am »
Thanks Castletonia, much appreciated. I'll try to look at 1 or 2 more manufacturers that you referenced, but I for sure don't have time for all of them.

Don't have the time?  No need to rush into a decision.....make time when you can to try out as many as you can.

Cora5

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:01:36 pm »

Don't have the time?  No need to rush into a decision.....make time when you can to try out as many as you can.

Yes, it would be wise to cast a wider net and try out all of the top brands mentioned in this post. If you don't you may later find out otherwise. My first pick turned out to be out of the running after I did a wet test. I was so in love with this particular spa. I still like it but it does not fit my needs.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 01:48:44 pm »
We're buying our first Hot Tub and I believe we've narrowed it down to 3 tubs; Bullfrog A7L or A8L, and Artesian Dove Canyon.  Looking for a powerful tub with plenty of room to move around.  I realize these are expensive tubs but I can make it happen and don't want to be left wanting more in a year or 2.  Any insight from present owners and experts would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I recognize these as reputable brands that we have had happy owners here regularly. I hope you come back and let us know how it goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:53:51 pm »
Dove Canyon is an awesome hot tub.  If it fits the budget, you're hard pressed to find a better spa (in my personal opinion).  The Bullfrog's are nice as well, but I personally think the Dove Canyon takes it up a notch from the Bullfrogs.  It's also probably more expensive, so there's that.

Tummy54

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:17 pm »
I own a Bullfrog A7, the previous model. Overall its a real nice hot tub. One serious issue I've experienced with Bullfrog was the stereo system. In my particular model the speakers have been replaced twice because of the poor design. They have changed the design in the new A7 and it may be better but i would not waste money on a stereo. It has been nothing but a pain in butt, and whats worse is Bullfrog doesn't have a solution for the design flaw in this model, they just want me to replace the speakers every time they fail.
For the amount of investment you are about to make, take the customer service I've experienced into consideration. I spoke directly with Bullfrog and they are no help, they admit there's a problem but have no answer. Go with a company that stands behind their product.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42