What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Other online sources of info  (Read 3250 times)

lobeknee

Other online sources of info
« on: August 23, 2004, 01:02:34 am »
hello ,
I ahve been reading through the various topics here and -I think anyway- getting some useful info towards purcahsing a new spa. From what I have read and researched, right now I am leaning towards the Jaquizzi and also the Coleman (like the steel frame concept).  I have also read of several mentions of other online forums, presumably much like this one, and I would like to check those out as well.
Of course any thoughts lon the coleman or Jaquzzi would also be appriciated. I'm thinking of a 4 person size, up from our original 2 person.
Thanks, 8)

Hot Tub Forum

Other online sources of info
« on: August 23, 2004, 01:02:34 am »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Other online sources of info
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 02:15:39 am »
Here is another source for you to check out

http://www.poolsearch.org/forum/

go to: Spas and Hot Tubs

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?index

However I think you will find that this forum is by far the most informative, well laid out, easy to use .

There are some very good and knowlegeable contributors to this Forum and all are class acts.

Regards Zz
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 05:25:15 am by ZzTop »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 12:13:45 pm »
If the galvanized steel frame is a deal maker for you, please consider Master Spas as well as Coleman.  I'm very pleased with mine especially when I look at the framework with the rubber insulated motors resting on metal platforms attached to the frame.  Just be sure to wet test, wet test, wet test.  Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

lobeknee

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 06:46:35 pm »
 Thanks, yes I 've heard about those other two sites, and yep there is lots of info here for sure, just chekcing to see if there might be another mother lode...
not sure i would call the steel frame a deal maker but I do feel galvanized steel is going to hold up better than lumber, PT or not. thanks for the tip on Mastersspas  I will check it out.
Just what is a jaquizzi... sounds like a quiz on jazz maybe...I need spell check!

Tubnerd

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 09:19:29 am »
lobeknee,
We just purchased a Jacuzzi J-375 after considering several others, Coleman among them.  We really liked the Coleman spas, dealer, and features, however, when we wet tested, I knew it was not right for us.  The neck jets were the main problem and my husband kept pushing up the head cushions (involuntarily) in every chair he sat in.  Although I realize you don't get everything fully adjusted in a wet test, there was definitely something not right in the whole neck/head area.  Another thing we felt the Coleman's were missing was in the foot jet area.  I really wanted good foot jets and the models we were interested in just didn't have them.  I did however, really like the look and price of the Coleman's.  I think they are a real value but I would definitely wet test everything!  We have been thrilled with our Jacuzzi!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 10:44:41 am »
Marquis also has a galvanized steel frame.  Be sure to consider them on your list.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 10:44:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42