What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Magnetic Water Conditioners for Hot Tubs  (Read 4349 times)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Magnetic Water Conditioners for Hot Tubs
« on: August 23, 2004, 03:41:27 am »
Has anyone had any experience with Magnetic Water Conditioners  for Hot Tubs ?

Here are two web sites on the subject:

http://www.magnetizer.net/pool/pss.htm

www.rhtubs.com/store/magnet.htm

The Claims:

•      Reduces chemical usage in your pool or spa
•      Eliminates algae
•      Reduces scum.
•      Eliminates mineral and dissolved metal buildup.
•      Minimizes spa maintenance.
•      Improves equipment life.
•      Saves you money!

Does this product really Work?

Do any Hot tub manufacturers endorse, recommend this product?

Will it void your warranty?

Are there any downsides to using this product?

Your thoughts! . . . . please.

Regards, Zz

« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 04:59:32 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

Magnetic Water Conditioners for Hot Tubs
« on: August 23, 2004, 03:41:27 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Magnetic Water Conditioners for Hot Tubs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 07:41:11 am »
Are there any downsides to using this product?

Less money in your wallet?

It seems to me, every company using magnetics to claim some sort of quality of life improvement is usually a network marketing company (I didn't say pyramid), like Nikken) or fly by night.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 08:12:19 am »
I wonder if this is the same company pushing magnets to use for home water softeners?  
Or the company selling cattle magnets to give your car better gas mileage.  You put them on the fuel line, and they supposedly lined up the molecules in the fuel so they'd burn better.  Right.  

Sounds like the same old snake oil to me.
Brewman
Brewman

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 09:31:09 am »
I recently purchased and installed 2 sets of Magnetizers purchased from Doc.  Installation was easy and straightforward.  Will they make a difference?  I don't know but I feel very certain that they won't hurt.  They claim that less chems will be needed and that deposits in plumbing/heater will be lessened.  I think proper water chemistry would have a much larger effect on both of those but I'm hoping there will be some correllation as claimed.  As a byproduct, my water seems to feel a bit silkier/softer after adding them.  I'm not planning any experiments by taking them off/putting them back on to see if I can tell any differences--I'm just leaving them on and enjoying the tub.  If it is pure snake oil, at least it's only a one shot expense.  FWIW
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 10:02:25 am »
I recently purchased and installed 2 sets of Magnetizers purchased from Doc.  Installation was easy and straightforward.  Will they make a difference?  I don't know but I feel very certain that they won't hurt.  They claim that less chems will be needed and that deposits in plumbing/heater will be lessened.  I think proper water chemistry would have a much larger effect on both of those but I'm hoping there will be some correllation as claimed.  As a byproduct, my water seems to feel a bit silkier/softer after adding them.  I'm not planning any experiments by taking them off/putting them back on to see if I can tell any differences--I'm just leaving them on and enjoying the tub.  If it is pure snake oil, at least it's only a one shot expense.  FWIW
 8)

I think that's a safe approach, and a reasonable way of thinking about the magnets.

I wish there were some way to test and show if a measureable difference could be seen.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 02:17:41 pm »
I believe that Calspas has/had something like this.
¿

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 02:36:43 pm »
Chas,
I know Northman has been experimenting with them and posting on Doc's board.  He seems to be a very exacting type of person so I would give credence to his findings.....
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 02:36:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42