What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How is jacuzzi J585?  (Read 13074 times)

hjscm

How is jacuzzi J585?
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:27:48 pm »
ok so been looking for first tub and saw hot springs envoy, and jacuzzi.  Got price on a floor model J575 that never had water in it with speakers for $15,500.  The warranty starts when i receive it.  was wondering if it is a good buy or should i keep looking for something else?  I have not seen bullfrog a8 yet or D1 spas.  i sat in a jacuzzi and it felt good just not the 500 series.  i am pretty sure i want a lounger.  i like to lay down.  How does jacuzzi compare to the others?
thanks
chris

Hot Tub Forum

How is jacuzzi J585?
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:27:48 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: How is jacuzzi J585?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:21:04 pm »
 Jacuzzi top notch, depends on what you want?  The 500 series is a pretty spa, in which you are paying for.  Jacuzzi wise look at the 3 or 400 series.  Bullfrog A or R series and likewise with the HS brand as they have different series as well.  Many other brands also depending on what's around you?    Marquis and Artesian are great also.  Find what you like, find a good dealer, try and filter out the big time ours is the best of any brand!

hjscm

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 12:17:44 am »
thank you for the reply.  there is a marquis dealer right by me also so looking tomorrow.  i saw the 3 and 4 series but like the 500 series with the lights and audio.  i think i will see the bullfrog friday.  so hard to choose

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 05:32:46 pm »
thank you for the reply.  there is a marquis dealer right by me also so looking tomorrow.  i saw the 3 and 4 series but like the 500 series with the lights and audio.  i think i will see the bullfrog friday.  so hard to choose

Keep in mind that the lights and audio are the first to go bad.
Retired

hjscm

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 07:20:20 pm »
funny you say that, went and saw a marquis epic and the guy said the same thing.  i sat in the epic and it was nice.  thinking about getting the show.  i am going to look at bullfrog tomorrow and then a Dimension dealer friday maybe. to hard to decide.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 09:18:00 pm »

Plus another on the audio!   Don't waste the money..

hjscm

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 09:37:54 pm »
figured i would get a bose speaker for now till i get the outside tv and speakers done.

Thisismyname

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 10:06:54 pm »
Definitely don't waste money on Bose.  Lots of great speakers that sound better and cost less. 

figured i would get a bose speaker for now till i get the outside tv and speakers done.

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 01:04:06 am »
Marquis Epic and Show are great spas. As far as therapy and jet power, the Show is very hard to beat.  I've never sat in a spa with that powerful of jets before. We don't display the Show in the showroom I work mainly because once people feel the jets in that spa, they want that feeling in another spa, or a smaller tub, and it throws off our sales. The 3 MP160 jet pumps are hard to beat.  The Epic is the next best as far as therapy in the Marquis line. Good luck in your search!

hjscm

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 10:22:28 am »
Yes the dealer by me didn't have a show in the showroom so didn't get a chance to see it, but the had an epic and i sat in it.  Today im going to see dimension spas today and bullfrog tomorrow but so far it is the show for me.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 11:00:30 am »
Yes the dealer by me didn't have a show in the showroom so didn't get a chance to see it, but the had an epic and i sat in it.  Today im going to see dimension spas today and bullfrog tomorrow but so far it is the show for me.

Visit most/all of the local dealers and wet test your top couple choices. Keep an open mind because so many times you'll see people say that they were convinced spa A was right for them until they went through the entire process and wet tested only to find that the wet test convinced them otherwise. Take your time and if/when you do wet test multiple brands try to do so on the same day or at least same weekend.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hjscm

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 05:26:51 pm »
now more confused then ever.  saw D1 amore bay and liked it.  but i think salesman had me going with a good pitch, about the water filters, all zones on and so on. my only problem is the shape.  was planing on building a 18" high deck around tub but it would definitely put deck building skills to test with that shape.  not opposed to just having it sit on deck also, easier for maintenance too.  He mentioned D1 is coming out with a new spa that is square in a couple of months.  i didn't get to wet test that one but sat in a chairman and liked it. about $13,500 installed with step and cover with lifter, brand new not floor model.  I am going to see bullfrog tomorrow and look at A series.  This is hard to choose

Thisismyname

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 05:36:28 pm »
If you get sucked in by a sales pitch you'll buy every tub.  They all are the best at everything according to the sales guys.

Just test out the ones in your size and price range and you'll figure it out.

Sam

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 05:57:35 pm »
The Amore Bay is a pretty sweet spa.  We had a high percentage of warranty calls with them in the brief time that I sold them and getting parts was a pain in the butt and took forever.  I think they've gone down hill a little service wise since they were bought out by Jacuzzi.  That's a darn good price you got on it though.  Beware that if you build a spa into a deck and get a leaky waterfall or something on the non-equipment compartment side, it's going to be a nightmare to fix.  I usually recommend leaving one side completely open so the spa can be slid out if that happens.  That's one of the advantages to Bullfrog's design when putting a spa in the ground or a deck, in my opinion.

Good luck.

hjscm

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 06:34:12 pm »
it is extremely hard to decide.  sometimes i wish i only like 2 dealers near me so i don't have much of a choice. I didn't know d1 was owned by jacuzzi. When i look at bullfrog i should know more what my plans are.  Wish i could see what the new spa from dimension is going to be like.  i might wait.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 06:34:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42