What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8 Cover Quality  (Read 4137 times)

Sorrentino100

Bullfrog A8 Cover Quality
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:37:09 am »
Bullfrog has changed from a vinyl cover to a Sunbrella fabric cover. It looks like the side flaps are kind of flimsy and may not offer much wind or insulative value. Does anyone know what type of foam and thickness is utilized in it's construction and if it has any type of padding strip in the fold to keep heat in?

Is it possible to order the tub without a factory cover and purchase a better, aftermarket one, like this manufacturer offers:  http://www.hottubcoverscanada.ca/ .

Any suggestions on American made premium quality cover manufacturers?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A8 Cover Quality
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:37:09 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog A8 Cover Quality
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 02:41:27 pm »
Bullfrog has changed from a vinyl cover to a Sunbrella fabric cover. It looks like the side flaps are kind of flimsy and may not offer much wind or insulative value. Does anyone know what type of foam and thickness is utilized in it's construction and if it has any type of padding strip in the fold to keep heat in?

Is it possible to order the tub without a factory cover and purchase a better, aftermarket one, like this manufacturer offers:  http://www.hottubcoverscanada.ca/ .

Thanks!

I have always had good luck with Sunstar Covers.  I know some of them are made in Mexico and some are made in New Bedford, Ma.  That is who I use to order replacement covers for my customers

Beck0101

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:42:42 pm »
I doubt the vinyl offers much in the way of insulation.  And for what it's worth I'd take Sunbrella over vinyl any day of the week, twice on Sundays.  In marine applications a well cared for Sunbrella canvas can last a very long time.  I know this first hand.

Buy the 3M Sunbrella spray.  There is a specific type endorsed by Sunbrella in the 303 line.  Clean the canvas, spray twice per year and enjoy an outstanding fabric.  Far better than vinyl in my humble opinion.

If you don't want Sunbrella I'll trade you my one year old vinyl A8 cover, straight up.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 03:34:36 pm »
Bullfrog's covers are top notch.  I would stick with it.  That sunbrella material is awesome.  The skirt doesn't do much in the way of insulating anyway. 

Conine2965

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 10:08:10 am »
Skirt is mostly so wind won't pick up cover.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 12:20:11 pm »

Thanks!

You didn't seem to get any answers to your questions. I am not going to have any either for you. Most manufacturers are tight lipped with the type of information you are asking for because there are so many different types of foam, vinyl and construction methods all with varying costs.

However Sunstar as mentioned and RHTubs make the best covers and I have purchased likely close to 30-40 replacement covers with all of them being of better quality than most manufacturers covers.

Is the tub brand new? If your not comfortable talk to your dealer maybe he will do a trade on one you feel is better quality?
Retired

Sorrentino100

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 10:59:56 pm »
I went and took some measurements of the factory cover. Unless they've changed the insulation on the new fabric covers, the vinyl cover was a 4"- to 3" tapered cover. That is pretty good for a factory cover, so I'm going to go with that.

I did look at some covers from The Cover Guy as they were compared with the Canadian manufacturer referenced earlier who have every bell and whistle available in a replacement cover; it's just too expensive for them to ship it to the USA.

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 01:59:25 pm »
Bullfrog has changed from a vinyl cover to a Sunbrella fabric cover.

It's important to note that Bullfrog never makes this claim.  It is a Patio-like fabric.  I believe Sunbrella was to much $$$ when they switched. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 05:47:32 pm »
Bullfrog has changed from a vinyl cover to a Sunbrella fabric cover.

It's important to note that Bullfrog never makes this claim.  It is a Patio-like fabric.  I believe Sunbrella was to much $$$ when they switched.

correct...Sunbrella is a great product but when a 16" x 16" outdoor throw pillow costs $125 (top grade fabric) it would get awful costly to make an entire spa cover out of it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 05:47:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42