What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis v Marquis v Bullfrog  (Read 10260 times)

actusreus

Marquis v Marquis v Bullfrog
« on: September 16, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »
Hey all,

So it's been a few months, but I'm narrowed down to three:

Marquis Show, with the aluminum top, which I really like, for $12,500.00.

Marquis Vector 21 V94L.  It has the same top, one lounger.  You lose a pump, the hot zones, a lounger, and the controls are a little clunky imo.  Still a solid tub. $9,800.00

The Bullfrog A series.  This comes in right between the two tubs above.  It's floor model, in a color I don't love, and has two loungers.  But it has some cool features.  They're asking 11,900, but he offered it for $10,400 + -2% for cash.

Any opinions?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis v Marquis v Bullfrog
« on: September 16, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »

Conine2965

Re: Marquis v Marquis v Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 05:48:53 pm »
I have a 94L I love it but got it much less than you were quoted 7500. Also I looked at the Bullfrog but was quoted much higher than you were quoted 14k.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
Show price is really good. I sold one on Friday for $2500 more. Vector price is what I sell at give or take a couple hundred bucks. Conine got a absolute steal. That's almost like a I need rent money price lol or this tub has been sitting here forever and I just want to dump it price

actusreus

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:07:11 pm »
On the show, they have a 2016 floor model that's had water in it, went to the fair, etc., that has the ultimate package on it, i.e., scent infusion, stereo, fountains, extra lighting, etc.  They asked 13500 for that, and 12,800 on the brand new one without the ultimate package.  Two questions:  Is the ultimate package worth the extra 700?  Is the show really 3k better than the Vector?

I also thought the Vector price he got was phenomenal.  Thought I was getting jerked around.  Hopefully not.

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »
Hi I have owned a Bullfrog R6L and currently own a Marquis Spirit.  You can't go wrong with either one.  IMO you will get better therapy for your legs and feet in the Show.  I would recommend to wet test and see which one feels best for you and form your own opinion.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 06:21:18 pm »
On the show, they have a 2016 floor model that's had water in it, went to the fair, etc., that has the ultimate package on it, i.e., scent infusion, stereo, fountains, extra lighting, etc.  They asked 13500 for that, and 12,800 on the brand new one without the ultimate package.  Two questions:  Is the ultimate package worth the extra 700?  Is the show really 3k better than the Vector?

I also thought the Vector price he got was phenomenal.  Thought I was getting jerked around.  Hopefully not.

Ultimate you get the nicer step, audio, cover lift, aroma therapy, and some nice towels. Just the audio alone is more then $700

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »
Wet test the show. Its the most powerful tub I have been in. That's the tub I wanted for my house but my wife like the curved design of the resort so that's what I own.

actusreus

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »
I really like them all.  The only thing I'm worried about in the Show, besides the price obviously, is the fact that it only comes with 2 loungers.  I've got 4 kids, and that kind of removes some seating options.  If it's just me and 4 kids, out of those 3 I mentioned, does that change anyone's opinion?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »
I really like them all.  The only thing I'm worried about in the Show, besides the price obviously, is the fact that it only comes with 2 loungers.  I've got 4 kids, and that kind of removes some seating options.  If it's just me and 4 kids, out of those 3 I mentioned, does that change anyone's opinion?

Yes. I would probably eliminate the show then. Check out the euphoria or Vector 94 non lounge. Or do you want lounge?

actusreus

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »
I do want one lounge, yes.  That's why I was thinking the Vector 94L.  There was one in between the show and the Vector.  It was nicer looking, had some of the hot zones, and he had it for 11800 with the smart top, or whatever.  I like it better, but it seems like the show for only 700 more gave you a whole bunch more.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 08:01:58 pm »
Probably the reward. I would wet test the Vector and the bullfrog and see which one you like best. Both good tubs. Obviously I'm a Marquis dealer (as well as caldera and Nordic) but both are solid brands with good reputations.

actusreus

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 08:17:06 pm »
The one in between that he showed me is called the Epic.  His quote: "It's a 2017, never had water in it, and has the smartop vanish, which has the extra insulation on the cover and the deco cover.  Cash price is 11,800, or 11,500 with just the standard smartop."  Your opinion on that tub and the price?  As opposed to the Vector and Show?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 08:42:31 pm »
The show price is really low especially considering it is a ultimate version and has a smart top. Epic price is good too with a smart top. If it's new how much would it be without the smart top and with standard cover and lift. Those smart tops add 1500-2000 to the price of the tub. With lift and step I'm in the the same price point he is in.

actusreus

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 10:01:56 pm »
Remember, he wants 13600 for the show with the ultimate package, and it's last year's floor model.

The brand new show would be 12700, but without the ultimate package.

The epic is 11800 with the smart top with the deco cover.  He says the best top you can get.

Then there's the vector at 9700, still with the smart top.

If you were buying one of those, as a marquis dealer, which one would you get?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 09:29:25 pm »
Whichever one fit my families needs the best. The show ultimate is best bang for buck but the other 2 are priced more then fair

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 09:29:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42