What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BullFrog Pricing, NY  (Read 12882 times)

JoeCappi

Re: BullFrog Pricing, NY
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 03:25:40 pm »
Thanks, again, JoeCappi... Be interested to know what you end up selecting and what you end up paying for it.  I'm visiting the Jacuzzi dealer this weekend.  You and I seem to be talking about the same establishments!  Looks like the Long Island area dealers commonly overstate their pricing offerings.  Fortunately, I have the patience to research more, even if I have to go to NJ/PA to get the deal I want...

You'll probably see Mike at the Hot Tub Factory,...tell me what you think.
If you go to look at Sundance you'll go to AJ Spa- they are a great dealer
Oceanspray for Hotsprings are awesome too.

I did stop in Back Yard Masters and even Suntek. Trying to cover all the basis'

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 03:25:40 pm »

mtm18

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 03:52:56 pm »
I'm starting to make those rounds too, JoeCappi... I'm sure I'll enjoy all this hunting so much that I'll probably just say, "forget about it"  !!!

JoeCappi

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 04:56:11 pm »
mtm18, I don't know what sales tax is in NY, but I can tell you, with tax, that looks a lot like my pricing (tax here is over 9%)

I have seen wholesale pricing on the J-470 JoeCappi (I used to be a Jacuzzi dealer.)  $13,900 is what it should be sold for if you want to be a successful business for more than a few years.

JoeCappi, is it possible the BF guy was quoting you prices with financing?  There is normally a pretty big difference between financing and not prices.

IF all else fails, look at Hot Spring on LI.  Ocean Spray is a great dealer.  IMO, the best one on the Island.  You could always guy to the cheap dump and jump guys at Backyard Masters if all you care about is price ;)  Not sure if they are even still in business!!

Ive seen the J470 just go for $10680 in NY on one of these forums. The dealer is high ticketed. He gave me a price of about $16k on the J470 - then a good friend of mine just did a big favor for the dealer with some work, his friend price in return of the favor was $13,900 - which to me is fair for a regular customer. So he marked up to come down to $13.9 to make it look like a favor. It's not one.

The bullfrog price was 1/2 cash - 1/2 finance. I loved the tub but the price was too steep. I do like the Optima & the Pulse as well and comfortable with both dealers & pricing.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 06:21:45 pm »
There are 10 or so high quality brands. Bullfrog falls in there but some will say higher up and others will say lower down. We all have our favorites and if reliability, longevity and energy efficiency are second to jet feel during a wet test you will be good to go with any of the 10 or so high quality brands available.

Do you have a Marquis dealer close? Arctic? Jacuzzi? Hot Springs? Caldera? Sundance?

If you looking for less money all those listed sell lower cost value lines. And again a wet test will tell you which feels best to you.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 11:12:37 pm »
There are 10 or so high quality brands. Bullfrog falls in there but some will say higher up and others will say lower down. We all have our favorites and if reliability, longevity and energy efficiency are second to jet feel during a wet test you will be good to go with any of the 10 or so high quality brands available.

Do you have a Marquis dealer close? Arctic? Jacuzzi? Hot Springs? Caldera? Sundance?

If you looking for less money all those listed sell lower cost value lines. And again a wet test will tell you which feels best to you.

ditto
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TEA POT

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 05:17:23 pm »
I co-sign Tman as well ;)

WET TEST, WET TEST, WET TEST... I have a whole thread about my WET TESTS if you want to hear what I thought but it will always be different for you once you figure out what you're really looking for. It doesn't make much difference if you get a great deal and hate the tub right away.

I tested all the big names and found Jacuzzi, Sundance and Bullfrog to be among the best I could try..
Also found that prices in update NY and NJ were always better than L.I. (although Mike was really nice at Hot Tub factory, prices there are crazy though - not his fault though  :-[ )

Got $11,500 plus delivery + taxes for A8 in dealer upstate btw...  :-X
The novelty of picking your packs is cool feature although for that money you can also do Jacuzzi, Sundance  or Hot Spring tub as well.

On one final note, I went big; which you may also want to consider if you have the space. There really isn't a large difference in price and i personally don't think you'll ever look back and say you dislike having TOO MUCH space to unwind. BIG TUBS = Jacuzzi j-495 = Sundance Aspen = Hot Sping Gleam = Caldera Cantabria  8)

Too bad Bullfrog doesn't try to compete in that catatgory   ???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:20:45 pm by TEA POT »

bradleyabell

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 05:36:49 pm »
I co-sign Tman as well ;)

WET TEST, WET TEST, WET TEST... I have a whole thread about my WET TESTS if you want to hear what I thought but it will always be different for you once you figure out what you're really looking for. It doesn't make much difference if you get a great deal and hate the tub right away.

I tested all the big names and found Jacuzzi, Sundance and Bullfrog to be among the best I could try..
Also found that prices in update NY and NJ were always better than L.I. (although Mike was really nice at Hot Tub factory, prices there are crazy though - not his fault though  :-[ )

Got $11,500 plus delivery + taxes for A8 in dealer upstate btw...  :-X
The novelty of picking your packs is cool feature although for that money you can also do Jacuzzi, Sundance  or Hot Spring tub as well.

On one final note, I went big; which you may also want to consider if you have the space. There really isn't a large difference in price and i personally don't think you'll ever look back and say you dislike having TOO MUCH space to unwind. BIG TUBS = Jacuzzi j-495 = Sundance Aspen = Hot Sping Gleam = Caldera Cantabria  8)

Too bad Bullfrog doesn't try to compete in that catatgory   ???

Bullfrog X8!  7’ 10” x 7’ 10”

TEA POT

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 08:20:00 pm »

[/quote]

Jacuzzi j-495/ Sundance Aspen = 7'6" x 9' 2"  :o

bradleyabell

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 10:57:51 pm »

Jacuzzi j-495/ Sundance Aspen = 7'6" x 9' 2"  :o
[/quote]

True but the market for a tub that size is small. The X8 will comfortably fit 6 people. 

TEA POT

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 07:13:01 am »
I like Bullfrog, please don't misunderstand. I just think they are leaving money on the table by not offering an XL option.
And I think the seats are surprisingly deceptive, not too contoured looking but one of the best (for me at least) with regards to not floating.  :)

Realistically, it can only sit 4 comfortably  ??? , the side seats are for kids; and I'm not tall..  :-\

livewyr25

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:36 pm »
Following along because I'm on Long Island also and just started a search for a Hot Tub. So far been to AJ's, Ocean Spray, and Hot tub Factory. So overwhelmed as I have no idea the difference between any thing i saw... let me know what you decide. I am trying to keep it around 10K. But also need to figure out how much it will cost for an electrician to wire it and i need someone to pour a cement slab.....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 10:14:48 am »
Following along because I'm on Long Island also and just started a search for a Hot Tub. So far been to AJ's, Ocean Spray, and Hot tub Factory. So overwhelmed as I have no idea the difference between any thing i saw... let me know what you decide. I am trying to keep it around 10K. But also need to figure out how much it will cost for an electrician to wire it and i need someone to pour a cement slab.....

What brands do those stores carry?

livewyr25

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 11:18:08 am »
Aj's was Sundance, Ocean Spray is Hot Spring and Hot Tub factory is Jacuzzi.

I'll be visiting Arthur Edwards (Caldera) and Best Hot tubs ( bull frog ) hopefully this weekend.

So overwhelmed....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 11:47:54 am »
Aj's was Sundance, Ocean Spray is Hot Spring and Hot Tub factory is Jacuzzi.

I'll be visiting Arthur Edwards (Caldera) and Best Hot tubs ( bull frog ) hopefully this weekend.

So overwhelmed....

You just named 5 very good brands so you're off to a good start. Take into account which models you like, what kind of deal you can get... but also get a feel for which dealers seem like they'll be there for you after the sale because who you buy from is very important, especially since all those brands are good. At some point wet test and understand that its very common to think you know which model is best only to find out otherwise after testing them.

JoeCappi

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 11:50:06 am »
Ive been to all of these places. AJ's has a great reputation as a dealer as does the hotsprings dealer. I held up my purchase but have tested them all. Following to see how everyone makes out on price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 11:50:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42