What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BullFrog Pricing, NY  (Read 12951 times)

mtm18

BullFrog Pricing, NY
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »
Hi, everyone:

I've found this website very informative and thank everyone for the feedback provided!

I live in NY.  Visited a very well known dealer in the Tri-state area and have been given the pricing structure below.  Other forums on this website are showing comps for these tubs that are $2,000-$3,000 lower than these figures, normalized for like-prices (apples to apples comparison).  It appears this dealer is building quite a bit of margin into their pricing,  but I wanted to solicit opinions from others on this forum... and hopefully be educated on what I might be missing here!  Are they low volume and building more overhead/freight/profit into their pricing?  I'm all for reasonable business practices, and understand that dealers need to make a profit, but want to make sure I'm not being taken advantage of, or incurring costs for their poor business model.

Please help.

---

X7 - $8,200
R6 - $10,100
R7 - $11,900
A6 - $11,900
A7 - $13,800

*All prices include "15% discount", sales tax, delivery/placement, and chemical starter kit.
**X model includes cover only; does not include cover lifter or matching steps
***A & R models include cover, cover lifter, and matching steps
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:37:17 pm by mtm18 »

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrog Pricing, NY
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »

RocTubGuy

Re: BullFrog Pricing, NY
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »
I live upstate NY.  I can tell you I got confirmed pricing less than a week ago of $6000 flat for the X7. It included cover, lifter, steps, chemicals and delivery.  I know prices vary, but +2k higher seems really high. 

mtm18

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:10:38 pm »
Thank you RocTubGuy!  Hopefully I hear back more from others on this forum.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 06:51:15 am »
Hi, everyone:

I've found this website very informative and thank everyone for the feedback provided!

I live in NY.  Visited a very well known dealer in the Tri-state area and have been given the pricing structure below.  Other forums on this website are showing comps for these tubs that are $2,000-$3,000 lower than these figures, normalized for like-prices (apples to apples comparison).  It appears this dealer is building quite a bit of margin into their pricing,  but I wanted to solicit opinions from others on this forum... and hopefully be educated on what I might be missing here!  Are they low volume and building more overhead/freight/profit into their pricing?  I'm all for reasonable business practices, and understand that dealers need to make a profit, but want to make sure I'm not being taken advantage of, or incurring costs for their poor business model.

Please help.

---

X7 - $8,200
R6 - $10,100
R7 - $11,900
A6 - $11,900
A7 - $13,800

*All prices include "15% discount", sales tax, delivery/placement, and chemical starter kit.

Have you looked at any other brands?  Are the other quality brands priced just as high?
Retired

mtm18

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:02:57 am »
TMan122 - thank you for reading/responding.  We have not checked out other brands.  This dealer solely sells BullFrog.  After much research, we Prefer BullFrog.  Though we may do more shopping around if the feedback we see here leads us in that direction.

JoeCappi

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 08:03:09 am »
I am on long island NY, i just got quoted a week ago myself on the A8 = $16,895 and the R8= $14,395
He lost my business at those prices.

mtm18

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 08:08:51 am »
Thanks, JoeCappi:  Sounds like you and I may have encountered the same dealer, judging by the exact dollar amounts you provided.  Any suggestions on other dealers/brands on Long Island that you are now seriously considering?

meriflower

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 08:57:09 am »
TMan122 - thank you for reading/responding.  We have not checked out other brands.  This dealer solely sells BullFrog.  After much research, we Prefer BullFrog.  Though we may do more shopping around if the feedback we see here leads us in that direction.

I would highly recommend that you look at other reputable brands.  Not saying there's anything wrong with Bullfrog (I used to own one) but it's a big purchase and it pays to shop around.  You may find one you like better and better to learn that now vs afterwards.  Also it is very important to wet test each that you are interested in.

mtm18

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 10:56:12 am »
Thank you, Meriflower: We will take you up on your advice!  Just wanted to hear from others on this forum. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 11:54:32 am »
Hi, everyone:

Please help.

---

X7 - $8,200
R6 - $10,100
R7 - $11,900
A6 - $11,900
A7 - $13,800

Have you looked at any other brands?  Are the other quality brands priced just as high?

NY/Long Island and other areas out east are usually priced higher across the board it seems, still not as bad as Aust. and Europe where a premium Hot Spring/Bullfrog/etc will run you 25k lol

mtm18

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 12:07:15 pm »
Thank you, BullFrogSpasMN !

JoeCappi

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 01:32:27 pm »
Thanks, JoeCappi:  Sounds like you and I may have encountered the same dealer, judging by the exact dollar amounts you provided.  Any suggestions on other dealers/brands on Long Island that you are now seriously considering?

I countered at teh bullsfrog dealer with a great price that I saw on here from someone who just purchased a bullfrog upstate. He declined my counter.
I am now looking at Hot Springs (Pulse) Jacuzzi (J470) and Sundance (Optima) -

The Jacuzzi dealer is quoted very high as well and i am not in love with the pressure atmosphere there or some reviews that I have read. I would buy the J470 right now if the guys price wasnt so high ($13,900)- I seen the same tub quoted in here recently at $10,680. The hotsprings dealer is great and gave a decent price on the Pulse, . The Sundance dealer is great too, I just havent locked down a price with him yet. I did like the Optima wet test quite a bit though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:34:00 pm by JoeCappi »

mtm18

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 02:01:51 pm »
Thanks, again, JoeCappi... Be interested to know what you end up selecting and what you end up paying for it.  I'm visiting the Jacuzzi dealer this weekend.  You and I seem to be talking about the same establishments!  Looks like the Long Island area dealers commonly overstate their pricing offerings.  Fortunately, I have the patience to research more, even if I have to go to NJ/PA to get the deal I want...

d00nut

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 02:24:33 pm »
mtm18, I don't know what sales tax is in NY, but I can tell you, with tax, that looks a lot like my pricing (tax here is over 9%)

I have seen wholesale pricing on the J-470 JoeCappi (I used to be a Jacuzzi dealer.)  $13,900 is what it should be sold for if you want to be a successful business for more than a few years.

JoeCappi, is it possible the BF guy was quoting you prices with financing?  There is normally a pretty big difference between financing and not prices.

IF all else fails, look at Hot Spring on LI.  Ocean Spray is a great dealer.  IMO, the best one on the Island.  You could always guy to the cheap dump and jump guys at Backyard Masters if all you care about is price ;)  Not sure if they are even still in business!!

mtm18

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 02:38:42 pm »
Thank you for the feedback, D00nut !

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 02:38:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42