What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Experience with HS 'Cool Zone'?  (Read 5319 times)

HotTubLife

Experience with HS 'Cool Zone'?
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:13:10 pm »
I have a question for anyone who's had experience with the Hot Springs 'Cool Zone' feature. I'm considering adding this to my spa (an Envoy with the Ace system) in order to be able to use it year-round. I'm in the "mountains" of north Georgia, and I get the sense that the water temp wouldn't be quite cool enough to be 'refreshing' on a hot day without this addition. However, I'm open to hearing what others think about this. If you have the 'Cool Zone', what do you think of it? If you didn't add it, do you find that the water stays sufficiently cool just by keeping the cover closed until you want to use it? (I notice that the cover is a surprisingly good insulator. I expected to lose WAY more heat overnight during the winter months.)  Any advice here appreciated. First time spa owner. Loving it so far.

Hot Tub Forum

Experience with HS 'Cool Zone'?
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:13:10 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Experience with HS 'Cool Zone'?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 10:55:32 pm »
I have a question for anyone who's had experience with the Hot Springs 'Cool Zone' feature. I'm considering adding this to my spa (an Envoy with the Ace system) in order to be able to use it year-round. I'm in the "mountains" of north Georgia, and I get the sense that the water temp wouldn't be quite cool enough to be 'refreshing' on a hot day without this addition. However, I'm open to hearing what others think about this. If you have the 'Cool Zone', what do you think of it? If you didn't add it, do you find that the water stays sufficiently cool just by keeping the cover closed until you want to use it? (I notice that the cover is a surprisingly good insulator. I expected to lose WAY more heat overnight during the winter months.)  Any advice here appreciated. First time spa owner. Loving it so far.

I have been waiting for a response from an owner on this also. I understand the system but wonder about the power requirements to make a cooling condenser work effectively.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:02 pm »

I have been waiting for a response from an owner on this also. I understand the system but wonder about the power requirements to make a cooling condenser work effectively.

I don't have one but have hooked one up in my showroom before. Cools the water very quickly. I put one on a Caldera Cantabria I had in my store. It both heats and cools the water. The customer who purchased it seems happy with it. He wanted a pool but the yard was too tight for it so this was his next best option

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:15:22 am »
It sounds like an expensive electric usage feature heating and cooling the same 400 gallons of water every day. We have the feature on our tub (Summer Mode) that just kills the heater during the day. For summers here we have it set to 100-101 for night soaking and if the heater stays off from say 2:00am and I open the cover when I get up it will feel great for a morning soak. Leaving the cover even half way open it will feel refreshing to cool off in during the day. But then again for us a 90f tub feels cool.

If I wanted something like a 60f cold soak for after a workout or something I think I would look for a little one person tub like they have for athletes that you fill each time.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 05:29:26 pm »
Not electric heat.  Uses heat exchanger.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 05:29:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42