What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount  (Read 16480 times)

Sirlancelot53

Re: Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 09:22:23 pm »
Thanks Tman for being open-minded (versus the alternative) on this discussion.  All's fair in love, war and hot tub debates on best models!     

What's confusing to me as a "hot tub buyer newbie" and probably many others is the vitriol of one manufacturer (i.e. Bullfrog) being subjected to criticism on this forum as compared to a competitor (Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Dimension One, etc).  We're all trying to get a tub that fits our needs at a great price.

I understand the salesmanship and legitimate metrics (my tub is better than yours is because of XYZ), but why isn't there any validation of what constitutes an "average vs good vs great" price on tub models?  More specifically, why hasn't there been more pricing transparency on hot tubs, like there has been in other industries, like automotive?  Dealers, your thoughts are welcomed on this one. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 09:22:23 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 06:21:03 am »
Thanks Tman for being open-minded (versus the alternative) on this discussion.  All's fair in love, war and hot tub debates on best models!     

What's confusing to me as a "hot tub buyer newbie" and probably many others is the vitriol of one manufacturer (i.e. Bullfrog) being subjected to criticism on this forum as compared to a competitor (Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Dimension One, etc).  We're all trying to get a tub that fits our needs at a great price.

I understand the salesmanship and legitimate metrics (my tub is better than yours is because of XYZ), but why isn't there any validation of what constitutes an "average vs good vs great" price on tub models?  More specifically, why hasn't there been more pricing transparency on hot tubs, like there has been in other industries, like automotive?  Dealers, your thoughts are welcomed on this one.

Price wars are driven by multiple access points to the same product. How many Hot Spring dealers are in the same town? Territorial sales it what keeps pricing up and a secret. A city like Chicago will have 10-20 dealers that sell Honda cars. But only 1-2 that sell Hot Springs hot tubs. Plus just about any auto dealer will sell any model of used car. And there are auctions set up where you have to be a dealer to buy any brand up for auction. And there are millions and millions of cars and only hundreds of thousands of hot tubs. And cars last longer.

And keep in mind my ire for calling manufacturers on BS is not limited to BF. I call out any manufacturer that slings it. BF is just the latest to use a public information forum to sling it. And if it's any consultation the BF sales folks are usually driven by consumers that are skewed in their decision by buying into the BS.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:36:55 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 01:14:17 pm »

Pricing varies so much because there are a lot of variables that go into it.  If one company is close to the plant where they are manufactured they will be cheaper then someone across the country.  If the company is strictly hot tubs then they are typically priced more then if a company has income coming in from other areas.  If one company is out in the sticks and pays $1,000 a month for rent then they will be cheaper then someone in a major city who pays $20,000 a month for rent.  Manufacturers have MSRP's that are fairly accessable.  You will never get a straight answer on pricing because different companies have different expenses built into the product.  I have seen some pricing on here that seems impossible to me as there is virtually no money into it.  Your best bet is to visit multiple dealers, narrow down your choices and figure out each ones price.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 01:48:12 pm »
I truly need the entertainment this place provides on a daily basis...remember guys, it's just hot tubs, hug it out  :)

Sam

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »
I'm not usually one to argue and be negative and I try to offer my true, honest assessment of things based on more than 20 years in the industry.  I just find this vendetta with Bullfrog to be so weird and unjustified.  Literally every time someone mentions Bullfrog, you can count on Tman coming in with some negative bs.

/rant over

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:21 pm »
I'm not usually one to argue and be negative and I try to offer my true, honest assessment of things based on more than 20 years in the industry.  I just find this vendetta with Bullfrog to be so weird and unjustified.  Literally every time someone mentions Bullfrog, you can count on Tman coming in with some negative bs.

/rant over

Please post my negativity to BF again. I looked back and didn't see it Sam?

I did see a non salesman for BF trying to help a consumer get a good fit. And I never asked the hot tub industry for a thank you.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 01:27:52 am »

/rant over

I did see a non salesman for BF trying to help a consumer get a good fit. And I never asked the hot tub industry for a thank you.

I  have a really thick skin, but I am really finding your comments towards me/us pretty freaking insulting.    We have all been here a very long time like you!  Yet you make some of us sound like we are gold chain, hairy chest, open shirt, dirt bag sleazy used car salesman.  I, like Sam, Eric and others, all of whom have sold other brands now and over the years, unlike you.  Are not POS deceiving salesmen here, out to mislead people into buying some kind of POS spa from a deceiving company.   Bullfrog spas is one of the best I have worked with, and we have suggested to people to wet test, choose the spa that works for them on all brands.  Be it a BF, Marquis, HS, Jacuzzi and a few others out there as well. And if your rolling your eyes right now, you can bite me and do a search over the past 10 + years.   You think BF sales tactics are BS and misleading that's fine.  But do not portray us to be something we are not as people and salesman that have proven ourselves here over the years.  Sure we have had our differences over the years, but we are also passionate about what we sell, and for most of us it's our lively hood. 

FWIW I was able to talk to some people at Bullfrog and our Rep who has been in the industry just about as long as anybody, and longer then I have been alive, ( FYI I am 54) about their marketing and what the reasoning was behind the 90% less plumbing claim and it was quite enlightening.    But I gotta say at this point you are not worth giving the info to! 

I had respect for you, but not anymore.  Tired of your BS, and life's to short to worry about you or what you think you may or really don't know! 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 01:30:19 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 06:27:18 am »

/rant over

I  have a really thick skin, but I am really finding your comments towards me/us pretty freaking insulting.    We have all been here a very long time like you!  Yet you make some of us sound like we are gold chain, hairy chest, open shirt, dirt bag sleazy used car salesman.  I, like Sam, Eric and others, all of whom have sold other brands now and over the years, unlike you.  Are not POS deceiving salesmen here, out to mislead people into buying some kind of POS spa from a deceiving company.   Bullfrog spas is one of the best I have worked with, and we have suggested to people to wet test, choose the spa that works for them on all brands.  Be it a BF, Marquis, HS, Jacuzzi and a few others out there as well. And if your rolling your eyes right now, you can bite me and do a search over the past 10 + years.   You think BF sales tactics are BS and misleading that's fine.  But do not portray us to be something we are not as people and salesman that have proven ourselves here over the years.  Sure we have had our differences over the years, but we are also passionate about what we sell, and for most of us it's our lively hood. 

FWIW I was able to talk to some people at Bullfrog and our Rep who has been in the industry just about as long as anybody, and longer then I have been alive, ( FYI I am 54) about their marketing and what the reasoning was behind the 90% less plumbing claim and it was quite enlightening.    But I gotta say at this point you are not worth giving the info to! 

I had respect for you, but not anymore.  Tired of your BS, and life's to short to worry about you or what you think you may or really don't know!

So why is it I am the first one insulted and when I fire back with logic and facts (which never get answered) I suddenly turn into the bad guy?

FYI I am 60 and have owned or serviced more differing boxes of swirling hot water than anyone I know. Been in the plumbing industry for 30+ years. If you want to make it about experience.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:38:11 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 06:27:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42