What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount  (Read 16478 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:28 pm »
Tman - if you were interested in buying either a BMW 535xi, Mercedes E300, or Audi A6 and you received an offer you couldn't refuse from your initial test drive at the first dealer, would you even bother test driving the other cars?  Some would, just for the fun of it.  I chose not to because it would have been a waste of my time and that of the other salesmen.

Myself, my wife and son all wet tested the R7 on Sunday (that sounds a little disturbing).  Loved the fit, feel, form and function of the Bullfrog model and the multiple varying JetPaks were awesome!  Add that to an exceptionally strong price (based on prior feedback from this forum) and a solid, reputable dealer, and I was one and done with the Bullfrog R7 going into my backyard patio in 10-days.  All good!

If there was a better car at just as good a price I would test drive, no matter what the brand.

If someone you never met told you you were getting a great deal would you check it against others? What if other brands feel better and are just as good or an even better deal? That doesn't matter to you? And that's OK. I  hope it's OK??? But you won't know.

And FYI I would never own any of those cars. Have you had one? If you have and it went to the shop you'd understand.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:53:27 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:28 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:40 pm »
Tman - if you were interested in buying either a BMW 535xi, Mercedes E300, or Audi A6 and you received an offer you couldn't refuse from your initial test drive at the first dealer, would you even bother test driving the other cars?  Some would, just for the fun of it.  I chose not to because it would have been a waste of my time and that of the other salesmen.

Myself, my wife and son all wet tested the R7 on Sunday (that sounds a little disturbing).  Loved the fit, feel, form and function of the Bullfrog model and the multiple varying JetPaks were awesome!  Add that to an exceptionally strong price (based on prior feedback from this forum) and a solid, reputable dealer, and I was one and done with the Bullfrog R7 going into my backyard patio in 10-days.  All good!

Awesome Deal! Awesome Spa! JetPaks really do offer some incredible different massage types, AND they'll be more released as years go buy so you can always purchase another down the road if they come out with another design you love.  Don't let the negatives get you down, you got a great tub and a very great price from what you described as a great dealer...win, win, win :-)

Sirlancelot53

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »
Not to be argumentative, but you're missing the point here.

1. The cars identified were depicted to represent comparable spas - high end, but not ultra high end, and certainly not economy/budget.

2. Being offered a deal you can't refuse implies that you already know that the other models would not be able to offer a comparable price. Highly improbable that two models (let alone three) have prices that offer profit margins of 0% or below cost.

3. If one person said I was getting a great deal, I would be skeptical.  If many credible and legitimate people (no bs-snake oil types) said I was getting a great deal, I would have a high degree of confidence I was indeed getting a great deal.  No need to verify and validate.

4. A luxury car owner understands the pitfalls of ownership and service.  That's why a good mechanic (not employed by a dealership) is a wise and prudent investment!  Trust me on this one.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »

1. The cars identified were depicted to represent comparable spas - high end, but not ultra high end, and certainly not economy/budget.

2. Being offered a deal you can't refuse implies that you already know that the other models would not be able to offer a comparable price. Highly improbable that two models (let alone three) have prices that offer profit margins of 0% or below cost.

3. If one person said I was getting a great deal, I would be skeptical.  If many credible and legitimate people (no bs-snake oil types) said I was getting a great deal, I would have a high degree of confidence I was indeed getting a great deal.  No need to verify and validate.

4. A luxury car owner understands the pitfalls of ownership and service.  That's why a good mechanic (not employed by a dealership) is a wise and prudent investment!  Trust me on this one.

I manage a fleet of 166 vehicles, trust me I know more about a good mechanic than most.

It's just disappointing that you didn't compare the "feel" to others. A lot of people think this is how a hot tub feels and think they all feel the same. They don't. And BF is far from having the best feel IMO. Yes, I've soaked in several and even a new one.
Retired

jimmerz

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
Sirlancealot - what part of Western PA?  I am in Mars, PA.  I was just curious as to what dealer you were dealing with?

Sirlancelot53

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 07:45:24 pm »
Pool City - they're the only authorized Bullfrog dealers in the Pittsburgh market.  Pool City's GM is a really good guy - high degree of integrity and honesty.  I bought from the Cranberry location.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 08:21:21 pm »

I manage a fleet of 166 vehicles, trust me I know more about a good mechanic than most.

It's just disappointing that you didn't compare the "feel" to others. A lot of people think this is how a hot tub feels and think they all feel the same. They don't. And BF is far from having the best feel IMO. Yes, I've soaked in several and even a new one.

IMO says a lot there, not everyone is you.  And honestly if you were not so biased, but just the average non Tman Joe plumber guy off the street your opinion towards Bullfrog would probably be different. 

jimmerz

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 11:31:42 pm »
Pool City - they're the only authorized Bullfrog dealers in the Pittsburgh market.  Pool City's GM is a really good guy - high degree of integrity and honesty.  I bought from the Cranberry location.

Thanks!  I was dealing with Guy there.  Still searching myself though...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 06:29:59 am »

IMO says a lot there, not everyone is you.  And honestly if you were not so biased, but just the average non Tman Joe plumber guy off the street your opinion towards Bullfrog would probably be different.   

BF makes a fine tub. Just not the best. I have soaked in more different brands than most people.

The thing about BF I don't like is the engineering flaws designed in instead of out and the absolute 100% BS sales on their web site. The simple questions I ask never get answered because you can't answer them because they will expose the flaws and BS on the web site.

Would you like me to ask them again? Maybe you can answer them this time?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »

BF makes a fine tub. Just not the best. I have soaked in more different brands than most people.

The thing about BF I don't like is the engineering flaws designed in instead of out and the absolute 100% BS sales on their web site. The simple questions I ask never get answered because you can't answer them because they will expose the flaws and BS on the web site.

Would you like me to ask them again? Maybe you can answer them this time?

Any question we answer you won't believe, so basically it's like beating a dead horse with you at this point.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 06:50:35 am »
  Any question we answer you won't believe, so basically it's like beating a dead horse with you at this point.

What tub did BF use to make there comparison in the 90% less plumbing claim on their web site?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 10:44:22 am »

What tub did BF use to make there comparison in the 90% less plumbing claim on their web site?

I have no idea, I will make a call today if I get a chance today.  Who's do you think they used?

Sam

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »
Tman is so ridiculous.  I swear, the founder of Bullfrog must have banged his sister.......   I have 5 different brands filled on my floor.  We've had hundreds of people wet test and get in side by side to compare Bullfrog to other brands.  A large majority choose Bullfrog.  These same people also wet test at other dealers for comparison.  Bullfrog's jets feel great!  Especially the oscillator and rainshower which have no equivalent in other spas.  I've been doing this for over 20 years.  I've worked with most of the big dogs, including Hot Spring.  Bullfrog deserves to be in the discussion when talking about the best.  They may not be right for everyone, but they are certainly worthy of comparing to any other "top of the line" spa. 

Your bias is old and tired at this point.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 06:13:32 pm »
Tman is so ridiculous.  I swear, the founder of Bullfrog must have banged his sister.......   I have 5 different brands filled on my floor.  We've had hundreds of people wet test and get in side by side to compare Bullfrog to other brands.  A large majority choose Bullfrog.  These same people also wet test at other dealers for comparison.  Bullfrog's jets feel great!  Especially the oscillator and rainshower which have no equivalent in other spas.  I've been doing this for over 20 years.  I've worked with most of the big dogs, including Hot Spring.  Bullfrog deserves to be in the discussion when talking about the best.  They may not be right for everyone, but they are certainly worthy of comparing to any other "top of the line" spa. 

Come on guys, don't do this again. You can claim how good they are, I don't care. No where in my posts do I say BF is a piece of shit!!! Matter of fact you will see more praise for it over several brands in ALL of my posts.

Just because no one else has the guts to call out any manufacturers B*** S*** sales crap does not make me wrong.

And once again I will say.....BF does not have exclusive rights to the BS spewing from manufacturers.

Any idea on the make and model of that flipped over tub yet? And I'm surprised the many quality tub builders out there aren't upset of your portrayal of there craftsmanship in your advertising videos. Call your BF guy and have him contact me in PM if he'd like to answer off the record. I will keep it off the record. I wana know how many jets and pumps were on the tub in the photos and video that you say a certain model of your brand tub has 90% less plumbing than?. That is what is selling your tubs also, along with some innovation and optional jet pacs. That's a dishonest sales tactic. Take it down. Sell on what you got going for you. The option of choosing what corners to have what pacs in up front. Change the feel to what you like before you buy. Keep it about the feel.

You can end the thread. The one I steered to a comparison of several brands to better your chance of the best feel for you Lance the customer. The one you guys made into a thread about my opinion of BF. And assumed a lot. You don't have to apologize, just get out while you still can.

I think the consumer learned something. I'm glad Lance got a good deal on a tub. Keep us in your honeymoon. Start a new thread for each topic, sanitation strategy/programming/jet pac comparison. So these unproductive threads go away.

Anyone who wants to take this off the main forum for friendly debate is always welcome in PM.
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:27 pm »

Come on guys, don't do this again. You can claim how good they are, I don't care. No where in my posts do I say BF is a piece of shit!!! Matter of fact you will see more praise for it over several brands in ALL of my posts.

Just because no one else has the guts to call out any manufacturers B*** S*** sales crap does not make me wrong.

And once again I will say.....BF does not have exclusive rights to the BS spewing from manufacturers.

Any idea on the make and model of that flipped over tub yet? And I'm surprised the many quality tub builders out there aren't upset of your portrayal of there craftsmanship in your advertising videos. Call your BF guy and have him contact me in PM if he'd like to answer off the record. I will keep it off the record. I wana know how many jets and pumps were on the tub in the photos and video that you say a certain model of your brand tub has 90% less plumbing than?. That is what is selling your tubs also, along with some innovation and optional jet pacs. That's a dishonest sales tactic. Take it down. Sell on what you got going for you. The option of choosing what corners to have what pacs in up front. Change the feel to what you like before you buy. Keep it about the feel.

You can end the thread. The one I steered to a comparison of several brands to better your chance of the best feel for you Lance the customer. The one you guys made into a thread about my opinion of BF. And assumed a lot. You don't have to apologize, just get out while you still can.

I think the consumer learned something. I'm glad Lance got a good deal on a tub. Keep us in your honeymoon. Start a new thread for each topic, sanitation strategy/programming/jet pac comparison. So these unproductive threads go away.

Anyone who wants to take this off the main forum for friendly debate is always welcome in PM.

I still appreciate your comments Tman... for what it is worth :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42