What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount  (Read 16517 times)

Sirlancelot53

Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:15:25 pm »
Hi everyone.  This site is terrific for first time hot tub owners - appreciate all the insight, guidance and recommendations.  I'll be wet testing a 2017 Bullfrog R7 this weekend.  The dealer quoted me a price of $7,250 which includes cover, stairs, chemicals and delivery.  The sales tax is not included in the price, but I wanted to get pricing opinions excluding sales tax for apples to apples comparisons with other R7 buyers and dealers.  The tub is their floor model.  Also, since my son served in the military (Army), we're eligible for the $500 Military Discount that Bullfrog provides to active and retired military and their families (rebate form with supporting documentation gets submitted to Bullfrog Corporate offices in Utah), so out the door price, excluding tax is $6,750. Is this a good price, assuming everything checks out OK with the tub appearance and the JetPacks?  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:15:25 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Bullfrog R7 Pricing & Military Discount
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 01:34:39 pm »
snatch it up, it's a "giveaway price" I wouldn't even consider selling an R7 for that unless it was freight damaged

jimmerz

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »
Way CHEAPER than the price i was quoted.  BUT, I just wet tested it today and it is off my list.  Was not a fan.  Make sure you sit in it first!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 05:32:10 pm »
  Um yeah, get in the car and go buy that spa right now!   At that price you will learn to love it, even if you don't.. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:25:44 am »
Hot tubs are very personal. You either buy the right one for you which makes you want to get in and enjoy some hydrotherapy or you get a great deal and just have a box of swirling hot water. We always recommend wet testing to see if it's right for you. And if you only look at one how do you know if there's better out there for you? You can get a box of swirling hot water for a lot less than 6750.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 09:40:10 am »
Were not talking about just a swirling box of water here at that price.  If it had been any other comparable, quality spa at that price vs an average price of 9500.00 and up, I would have said go buy it as well. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 11:08:05 am »
Were not talking about just a swirling box of water here at that price.  If it had been any other comparable, quality spa at that price vs an average price of 9500.00 and up, I would have said go buy it as well.

Might be to me.......
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 11:21:08 am »

Might be to me.......

Well your special.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 04:37:00 pm »
Yeah, that price is ridiculous.  That would even be a fantastic deal for the next lower model R6 or R6L.  No offense but I almost don't even believe it.  That guy won't stay in business very long selling spas that cheap.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »
Yeah, that price is ridiculous.  That would even be a fantastic deal for the next lower model R6 or R6L.  No offense but I almost don't even believe it.  That guy won't stay in business very long selling spas that cheap.

I know...I'm contemplating getting my LLC and officially going into 'business development & training' :-)

Sirlancelot53

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  Completed the wet test and everything checked out in perfect working order.  Dealer explained to me that the hot tub sent from the manufacturer didn't have the stereo/speakers/Bluetooth that they had requested for their showroom floor.  Therefore, they offered me this clearance price in order to get it off their floor.  I wasn't complaining - plus, as others have weighed-in, the package price left little if any profit margin.  This dealer has over 7-spa stores in the Western PA market and has an excellent sales and service track record.  My opinion, I lucked out (right time, right place to buy a hot tub) so I bought the "technically advanced swirling box of water!" 

As an FYI, the JetPaks consisted of Bullfrog's top sellers - Neckblaster, Wellness, Oscillator and RainShower.  Can't wait for the delivery and to transition from a hot tub newbie to a hot tub veteran.  Cheers!

jimmerz

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 10:39:18 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  Completed the wet test and everything checked out in perfect working order.  Dealer explained to me that the hot tub sent from the manufacturer didn't have the stereo/speakers/Bluetooth that they had requested for their showroom floor.  Therefore, they offered me this clearance price in order to get it off their floor.  I wasn't complaining - plus, as others have weighed-in, the package price left little if any profit margin.  This dealer has over 7-spa stores in the Western PA market and has an excellent sales and service track record.  My opinion, I lucked out (right time, right place to buy a hot tub) so I bought the "technically advanced swirling box of water!" 

As an FYI, the JetPaks consisted of Bullfrog's top sellers - Neckblaster, Wellness, Oscillator and RainShower.  Can't wait for the delivery and to transition from a hot tub newbie to a hot tub veteran.  Cheers!

I am in Western PA.  If you don't mind sharing info as to the dealer?  Thanks and Congrats on the "STEAL"!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 11:20:38 pm »

Swirling box of water as Tman thinks or not, you got a really great deal that you should feel good about!  Congrats on the purchase.  And thanks to you son for his service!    Myself USN 81 to 87  ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 06:50:40 am »

Did you compare the feel, seating, fit and finish and the volume during operation against any other brands?
Retired

Sirlancelot53

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »
Tman - if you were interested in buying either a BMW 535xi, Mercedes E300, or Audi A6 and you received an offer you couldn't refuse from your initial test drive at the first dealer, would you even bother test driving the other cars?  Some would, just for the fun of it.  I chose not to because it would have been a waste of my time and that of the other salesmen.

Myself, my wife and son all wet tested the R7 on Sunday (that sounds a little disturbing).  Loved the fit, feel, form and function of the Bullfrog model and the multiple varying JetPaks were awesome!  Add that to an exceptionally strong price (based on prior feedback from this forum) and a solid, reputable dealer, and I was one and done with the Bullfrog R7 going into my backyard patio in 10-days.  All good!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42