What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Jetsetter conversion to 220V  (Read 5144 times)

rothnh

Hot Springs Jetsetter conversion to 220V
« on: November 13, 2016, 08:27:17 pm »
I wanted to share the story of the conversion of my 2013 Jetsetter from 110v to 220v given that I gathered all info on the process through a mix of online posts.  I chose to do the job myself and am pleased I did.  I am not an electrician, but I study DYI pretty hard!  Living in NH, I wanted both the jets and heater running at once.  I previously had a large Jucuzzi hot tub that I removed (junk!) over six years ago.  It was connected with a 60A GFCI breaker in an indoor subpanel which was connected outdoors via 8 gauge wire to a disconnect box.  I changed the indoor configuration to a 50A regular breaker (I had to reconnected the neutral which was not used by the original 60A GFCI - something I did not see at first) and connected it to a very basic Siemens outdoor panel (Siemens Energy W0408ML1125U $26 Amazon) with a 30A GFCI double ($50) and 20A GFCI single ($30) which I installed.  Of note - there is a $250+ panel sold by Watkins which I am very glad I did not buy - the Siemens set up with two GFCIs was 1/2 of that including the single pole 20A GFCI!). I used (five strands) 10 gauge wire to connect from the panel to the tub (~25' of each wire for a tub that is about 15' from the panel).  I ran everything under my deck (much thanks to my buddy's 8 year old son to get under there and pull the unconnected conduit). I placed all wiring in grey locktight conduit.  The instructions in the Hot Spring guide were accurate.  All-in-all disconnecting the 110v and connecting the 220v was fairly straight forward.  The process went smoothly and things seem to work well.  I just took my first 220V tub, with jets running 100% of the time, for about 50 minutes.  It was 45 degrees out in NH (balmy night!). The water went from 103 to 100 degrees.  I am not yet attune to how the water temperature will change with 220V, but I am curious how it has gone for others.  Running the jets in the cold churns everything quite a bit so I think this is probably going to be typical.   I hope this helps someone else planning to do a similar job.  I definitely suggest using 220V given what I know.  Feel free to email me.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Jetsetter conversion to 220V
« on: November 13, 2016, 08:27:17 pm »

d00nut

Re: Hot Springs Jetsetter conversion to 220V
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:24:55 am »
Did you change the soft jumpers (within the software) too?  If not, you aren't getting the full benefit of 220V yet.  Typically, those instructions are only available to dealers so you may need to talk to your local dealer for that as well.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Springs Jetsetter conversion to 220V
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:24:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42