What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Base material on D1 and Marquis  (Read 3533 times)

jpiller1

Base material on D1 and Marquis
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:09:48 pm »
First time buyer here again. We are whittling down our choices and have settled on either a D1 Lotus Bay or Chairman, or a Marquis Show or Epic.  Today, we tested the Sundance Cameo and Optima, but we were disappointed in the "marine wood" base we were shown when the salesperson opened the cabinet. Our concern is that the wood might eventually rot or mold.

Can anyone tell me what the base material is on the D1 and Marquis models above and if one stands out over the other? 

Many thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Base material on D1 and Marquis
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:09:48 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Base material on D1 and Marquis
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 08:24:16 pm »
Both the show and epic have the durabase. Full ABS bottom pan. Not sure on the D-1. Pretty sure chairman is similar to Sundance but not sure on the Bay Series tubs

jpiller1

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »
Thanks. I may be vascillating here, but what about the Caldera Geneva.  My wife seems to like a seat that has both hip and calf jets, and that also seems hard to find.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 09:05:49 pm »
Thanks. I may be vascillating here, but what about the Caldera Geneva.  My wife seems to like a seat that has both hip and calf jets, and that also seems hard to find.

Geneva also has a full bottom pan. As long as it's a 2016 or newer model

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:05:51 am »
D1, Marquis, Sundance and Caldera are all very good choices. Sometimes spa salesman spin a story to make their brand sound best (yes its true, they do  :D). If those spas you're worried about really had frame rotting issues then they wouldn't be able to stay in business long and all these are long time brands with good reputations. I'd suggest you just wet test them and see which models(s) do the trick for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 12:19:31 am »
The Marquis Show also has the hip jets. Great powerful spa.

jpiller1

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 04:02:05 pm »
Thanks to all. Can anyone provide fair pricing on the Dimension One Lotus Bay and the Marquis Show and Epic? It will be one of these 3.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 06:12:53 pm »
Thanks to all. Can anyone provide fair pricing on the Dimension One Lotus Bay and the Marquis Show and Epic? It will be one of these 3.

Those are good choices. I would see about testing to decide here. Or have you? Both good dealers?
Retired

jpiller1

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »
Both good dealers though D1 is more knowlegable by far. I am really trying to get to 10k but I just dont have a sense of what is fair.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:00 pm »
Both good dealers though D1 is more knowlegable by far. I am really trying to get to 10k but I just dont have a sense of what is fair.

As a marquis dealer I know you won't be able to get the show for 10k. Even the Epic is pushing it. I try to get closer to 11,500 with constellation lights, step and lifter. Whereabouts in the country are you?  The one thing that might work in your favor is end of the year specials on wet demo tubs in stores. This is the time of year I discount those tubs heavily to bring in new ones

jpiller1

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 10:56:37 am »
We are in the Carolinas.

Ductordoc

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 08:24:22 am »
jpillar ... we are also in the carolina's - WNC and looking at the exact same set of tubs.
heading to simpsonville, sc next week to wet test. we may be leaning toward the marquis line.
thanks for starting this thread; helped a bit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 08:24:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42