What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog heater?  (Read 5283 times)

Smack528i

Bullfrog heater?
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:39:17 pm »
Is the heater only good for about 4 degrees per hour?   I'm at 88 from 64 starting at 3 and it's 9:30 now

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog heater?
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:39:17 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog heater?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:48:07 pm »
Keep the cover shut and the air controllers on the off position. Which bullfrog?  Some of the bigger ones yeah that is fairly normal.

Smack528i

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:04:56 pm »
2016 A7. What air controllers are you referring to? I have had the cover closed as well. Thanks

Racenut

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 10:29:10 pm »
I'd say yeah, that's about what mine does.  Mine is an R7, so same size.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:37:12 pm »
2016 A7. What air controllers are you referring to? I have had the cover closed as well. Thanks

Bullfrog has no air controls.  Do you have the circ pump? 

You could also run the pumps on high speed in addition to letting it heat (assuming electrical is all done correctly.)  Those pumps give off quite a bit of heat and should heat it faster.

Other than that, you are looking at 4-5 degrees an hour.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »

Bullfrog has no air controls.  Do you have the circ pump? 

You could also run the pumps on high speed in addition to letting it heat (assuming electrical is all done correctly.)  Those pumps give off quite a bit of heat and should heat it faster.

Other than that, you are looking at 4-5 degrees an hour.

No air controls really?  That's different.

Smack528i

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 11:52:10 pm »
Yes I have ozone, and the quiet circulation pump. Electrical is done perfect, I didn't skimp, pulled the permit, got the inspector and a master electrician all done very solid.

I just went in. Wow 94* and the power is awesome. Alleviate jet pack WoW. Oscillator and Wellness very nice too. I think I'll sleep well.

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 12:56:55 am »
My personal favorite is the Oscillator.  You can really crank that thing!

No air valves in a BF, but he has a circ so it shouldn't pose any issue with ph or anything.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 12:19:59 pm »
Yes I have ozone, and the quiet circulation pump. Electrical is done perfect, I didn't skimp, pulled the permit, got the inspector and a master electrician all done very solid.

I just went in. Wow 94* and the power is awesome. Alleviate jet pack WoW. Oscillator and Wellness very nice too. I think I'll sleep well.

great JetPak choices...you cannot go wrong with the Oscillator or the Wellness, also after originally thinking the Rainshower was "goofy looking" I can tell you the damn thing is awesome to sit in front of, did you get that JetPak as well?

Re: heat up time, pretty much every spa I've ever "monitored" or attempted to monitor while heating at 220V has been in the 4-7 degree per hour range as far as heat up time goes so you are in the "average" range...obviously this can vary if the tub is very small or very big but if you are 300-500 gallons the 4-7 degrees per hour is a good rule of thumb

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 06:31:05 pm »

great JetPak choices...you cannot go wrong with the Oscillator or the Wellness, also after originally thinking the Rainshower was "goofy looking" I can tell you the damn thing is awesome to sit in front of, did you get that JetPak as well?

Re: heat up time, pretty much every spa I've ever "monitored" or attempted to monitor while heating at 220V has been in the 4-7 degree per hour range as far as heat up time goes so you are in the "average" range...obviously this can vary if the tub is very small or very big but if you are 300-500 gallons the 4-7 degrees per hour is a good rule of thumb

Keeping the cover tight and being patient are important here. Read the manual again. Test your water only once or twice till its hot. Study what direction you have to move your balance (PH, alk) and sanitize heavy at first then walk away. Be happy, 110V tubs can take twice as long.

Im sure your soakin by now. But you have to refill.
Retired

Smack528i

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »
I ordered the tub with NeckBlaster, Deep Relief, Oscillator, Wellness and Versa.  They had to order a few of those so in the tub now is the RainShower, Alleviate and Pulsator. I'll have a hard time not keeping the Alleviate JetPak, it is so powerful. I could swap out one of the ones I ordered or buy an extra. RainShower was ok, but I'll try again to form a better opinion, only been in twice.

Why would I have to refill so soon? I plan to as recommended in 4 months or so.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 07:37:04 pm »
I ordered the tub with NeckBlaster, Deep Relief, Oscillator, Wellness and Versa.  They had to order a few of those so in the tub now is the RainShower, Alleviate and Pulsator. I'll have a hard time not keeping the Alleviate JetPak, it is so powerful. I could swap out one of the ones I ordered or buy an extra. RainShower was ok, but I'll try again to form a better opinion, only been in twice.

Why would I have to refill so soon? I plan to as recommended in 4 months or so.

I didn't say soon........
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 07:37:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42