What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7 vs R7  (Read 10507 times)

dTardis

Bullfrog A7 vs R7
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »
So i'm in the market for my first tub. I have done a wet test in a Hot Springs and liked it, but the seats didn't fit be great. So on my short list is also Bullfrog. I like the 7's because they look like they have more foot and calf jets, which I would like, but I am having a problem figuring out exactly what I am getting for the 2100 price difference. I was quoted 11299 and 9199 (on sale). Not even sure if those are good prices to start with. Can someone explain what I am getting for the 2100?

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7 vs R7
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »

Racenut

Re: Bullfrog A7 vs R7
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 10:10:00 pm »
Extra jet pack in the A series, though it's on a side which wont get used often vs a corner.

Nicer control panel, easier to program.

Remote jet buttons near the rear seats.

Different waterfall, though I think I like the R series one better.

Pump motors are the same in both.

And you should be able to do better on price, but that's always subject to your dealer and your negotiating skills.

I went with the R7, the A7 just wasnt worth the extra $ to me.... and it was only about 1500 bump from my dealer.  I still love my R7, only thing I'd do different is go with one of the textured finish colors.  The shiny surface looks nice when it's clean, but needs constant attention
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:12:22 pm by Racenut »

39lasalle

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »
We wet tested the r7L as we wanted the lounge.   We wound up buying the A7L, our dealer was $1,000 difference  and bought over ht e Labor day weekend sale. Our dealer quoted us your lower price for the A series and walked out of the dealer @ $9,000 plus tax.    Not sure if we would have bumped up to the A series for $2100 but we did like the little convenience of having the pump controls at our finger tips instead of having to get up and going over to the main control to turn the pump down!    In other words , if I am in a seat and comfortable with pump going full all we will have to do is press a button from the seat we are in verse getting up to turn the pump down.

Also you get the extra jet pack, how much is that worth just to have another option(I think. They are about $300 to $500 each)

We got the $600 rebate as well

DKRanger22

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:09:00 pm »
Major components and construction are the same between A and R series.  Only differences as already pointed out are the extra packs, fancier (not necessarily better) controller with remote functionality and slightly different waterfalls.   I opted for the R series as price was more important to me than extra packs (4 was plenty for me) and I actually prefer the simplicity of the R series controller.   $2100 seems a bit excessive of a jump between the two.  My dealer was only about $1,200 different between R and A models.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 11:39:05 am »
Major components and construction are the same between A and R series.  Only differences as already pointed out are the extra packs, fancier (not necessarily better) controller with remote functionality and slightly different waterfalls.   I opted for the R series as price was more important to me than extra packs (4 was plenty for me) and I actually prefer the simplicity of the R series controller.   $2100 seems a bit excessive of a jump between the two.  My dealer was only about $1,200 different between R and A models.

To chime in as an actual dealer, and not one smoking crack as your dealer does DK (mean that you got an insane deal, no offense to you!)  I think you will find most dealers $2k plus in difference between the two.

These prices are not typical of most BF dealers.  Mid $9's for an R7 is typical depending on how equipped, and mid $11s-13s again depending how equipped for an A7 is typical.

The A series has the extra jet pak, and a lot of aesthetic upgrades.  Some people really like those upgrades, but I tell people to only make the jump if they find it worth the extra jet pak.  The R7/R7L is by far our most popular Bullfrog, and I think most BF dealers would agree with me on that front.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »

based on your years of knowledge with the Hot Tub Industry/Margins/and the Bullfrog product line? or are you just making up stuff as you go along? I assume its the later...As someone who actually knows what they are talking about and for those who are interested in the Bullfrog product line $1,200+ is NOT out of line between the A & R...most dealers are in the $1,200-$1,800 range ON AVERAGE between collections across the entire United States

DKRanger22

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 02:20:29 pm »
How about based on my recent experience as a customer who just purchased an R8 and looked into upgrading to an A8?   I guess my real-world, recent customer experience is meaningless to other potential customers, and my lack of being a dealer - with a vested interest in promoting higher prices - disqualifies my ability to contribute on this forum.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:22:29 pm by DKRanger22 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 02:58:09 pm »
  You also get the up-graded acrylics in the jet packs, std stainless on the jets themselves, exterior lighting also the warranty on the A series is better than the R series.   Not all bad for the R series but still more features.   2100 more seems high I agree with the 1000 to 1500 higher. 

Sam

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 03:17:10 pm »
Yeah bullfrogspasmn, that was unnecessary.  Real world customer experience and insight is an extremely important component in why this website works so well.  You get both sides of the coin.  The guy shared his experience.  No need to insult him.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »

He just bought one.  I know you BF dealers don't like the deal he got but he did.  Good for him but why knock him for it.  You know why you can't sell a tub that cheap and I do too but more power too him for being able to hose the dealer and get a great deal

based on your years of knowledge with the Hot Tub Industry/Margins/and the Bullfrog product line? or are you just making up stuff as you go along? I assume its the later...As someone who actually knows what they are talking about and for those who are interested in the Bullfrog product line $1,200+ is NOT out of line between the A & R...most dealers are in the $1,200-$1,800 range ON AVERAGE between collections across the entire United States

d00nut

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »
To clarify, I am not knocking him.  In fact, I congratulate him.  However, I do like to state that his price is unrealistic in almost every case, which makes it a poor starting point for negotiation with completely separate dealers in completely separate areas.  I think that is fair?  I hope I don't offend anyone here, as that is not my intention.

DKRanger22

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 08:17:31 pm »
No offense taken from you whatsoever. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 08:17:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42