What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog stereo  (Read 6593 times)

dpcub

Bullfrog stereo
« on: September 12, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »
Hi guys.
new to the site. We purchased a bullfrog A6L on 9/24/2015 and it was delivered 11/19/2015. We purchased the elite/Bluetooth stereo (Aquatic AV AQ-DM-5UBT digital media locker.
We have not been interested in stereo/TV equipment around a hot tub in our previous hot tubs, because we always had outdoor speakers hooked up to a receiver that we enjoyed when we were using the spa.
This time we decided to purchase the Bluetooth stereo because we just purchased this home and the rear of the house needed some patio/deck work done and so we didn't have any speakers outside.
It has 6 small speakers (3 left and 3 right) installed in the hot tub at 3 of the jetpack positions. It worked fine for about 5 months. the first problem was this: the door of the stereo locker has wires that come from inside the stereo to control buttons on the outside of the door. the wires broke where they flex every time the door is opened. this happened in April of this year. The dealer replaced the complete stereo/locker under full warranty.
Everything has been fine until now. 4 of the speakers have quit working. These are small square speakers that sit right above the water line when the water level is at the proper height. When my wife and I get in the hot tub, the water level is up at the bottom of these speakers and up on them when the jets are running. This is not a good design, but these speakers should be able to handle the water.
I am contacting Bullfrog and my dealer to have these repaired under our 12 month warranty.
does anyone else have this system and, if so, any problems.
I hope we didn't spend money on a bad designed stereo system.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog stereo
« on: September 12, 2016, 04:05:26 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Bullfrog stereo
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:55:48 pm »
Hi guys.
new to the site. We purchased a bullfrog A6L on 9/24/2015 and it was delivered 11/19/2015. We purchased the elite/Bluetooth stereo (Aquatic AV AQ-DM-5UBT digital media locker.
We have not been interested in stereo/TV equipment around a hot tub in our previous hot tubs, because we always had outdoor speakers hooked up to a receiver that we enjoyed when we were using the spa.
This time we decided to purchase the Bluetooth stereo because we just purchased this home and the rear of the house needed some patio/deck work done and so we didn't have any speakers outside.
It has 6 small speakers (3 left and 3 right) installed in the hot tub at 3 of the jetpack positions. It worked fine for about 5 months. the first problem was this: the door of the stereo locker has wires that come from inside the stereo to control buttons on the outside of the door. the wires broke where they flex every time the door is opened. this happened in April of this year. The dealer replaced the complete stereo/locker under full warranty.
Everything has been fine until now. 4 of the speakers have quit working. These are small square speakers that sit right above the water line when the water level is at the proper height. When my wife and I get in the hot tub, the water level is up at the bottom of these speakers and up on them when the jets are running. This is not a good design, but these speakers should be able to handle the water.
I am contacting Bullfrog and my dealer to have these repaired under our 12 month warranty.
does anyone else have this system and, if so, any problems.
I hope we didn't spend money on a bad designed stereo system.

I have not seen a well designed hot tub sound system yet. Or a marine/boating/watersports system. I usually only get to see hot tub systems when they are either brand new or not working when I am doing an out of warranty repair or disposal.

Get yourself a good outdoor bluetooth speaker. Bring it out there. Put your phone in a zip lock freezer bag.
Retired

dpcub

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:26:09 am »
thanks Tman. I have always adopted your attitude in the past, but we made this decision and now have to live with this. My concern is we will have problems after the warranty has expired, then we will have to do just what you said. I am going to give Bullfrog a chance. I am sure they will repair this at no cost, but when will it happen again?. They replaced the complete stereo assembly in april, now they will replace the speakers, but will the warranty still expire in November? the 2 main items of the stereo are the docking locker/stereo and the speakers. all will be new and should have a new warranty.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:26:46 am »
 Unfortunately warranty's don't work that way.  Once it's up it's up, I have extended warranty's after it's been up for things the owner has had a consistent problem with, but you cannot continue to do it forever.  Stereos will die at some point but I have seen some go a very long time.  I would think your dealer should cover this, but it will be up to them to do it again after the warranty is done. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »
thanks Tman. I have always adopted your attitude in the past, but we made this decision and now have to live with this. My concern is we will have problems after the warranty has expired, then we will have to do just what you said. I am going to give Bullfrog a chance. I am sure they will repair this at no cost, but when will it happen again?. They replaced the complete stereo assembly in april, now they will replace the speakers, but will the warranty still expire in November? the 2 main items of the stereo are the docking locker/stereo and the speakers. all will be new and should have a new warranty.

the warranty is 1 year total, no extensions even if parts are replaced....call your local dealer and have them come repair and/or replace the unit and any speakers as necessary, it is a fairly quick and simple warranty fix.  As far as predicting what will happen in the future, well If I could do that I would be sipping a Margarita on an Island somewhere with my lottery winnings :-)

Sam

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 06:23:22 pm »
Hot tub stereos are never reliable. I always tell my customers to skip it for that exact reason.  They are overpriced, have a short warranty, and will most definitely fail within a couple of years at best.  It's not just Bullfrog.  None that I've seen are reliable.

To other people reading; skip the stereo.  Get a bluetooth speaker for a fraction of the price with better sound and reliability.

dpcub

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 09:50:44 am »
thanks guys. I agree with you all of you, it's just depressing to pay so much and have 2 failures already ( within 9 months). I wish I had this conversation a year ago, but that is my fault. I haven't done any research about Bluetooth speakers. do they have outdoor, mountable, Bluetooth speakers, or just portable ones?

Racenut

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 11:57:22 am »
Yes they have outdoor ones.  THey have ones that could bob around in the tub with you, probably even do a light show lol.  Tons of options available....

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:16 pm »
thanks guys. I agree with you all of you, it's just depressing to pay so much and have 2 failures already ( within 9 months). I wish I had this conversation a year ago, but that is my fault. I haven't done any research about Bluetooth speakers. do they have outdoor, mountable, Bluetooth speakers, or just portable ones?

Water resistant blue tooth sound bars and sub woofers. Lots of options.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42