What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking to Buy Large Hot Tub  (Read 12919 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Looking to Buy Large Hot Tub
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 11:35:49 pm »
  Add to say it's an absolute ridiculous price since it has the circ pump, ozonator plus speakers.     I don't think Bullfrog offers huge volume discounts to anyone that I know of.   

Heck of a deal either way! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 11:35:49 pm »

DKRanger22

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2016, 12:09:05 am »
Definitely a great buy with all of the features!  To get the Geneva w/ speakers would have been $10,500 (the one quoted to me @ $9,500 didn't have a sound system).   Really seemed like a no-brainer to go with the R8 at this price point. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:26:26 am by DKRanger22 »

d00nut

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 11:45:34 am »
Definitely a great buy with all of the features!  To get the Geneva w/ speakers would have been $10,500 (the one quoted to me @ $9,500 didn't have a sound system).   Really seemed like a no-brainer to go with the R8 at this price point.

I agree.  I couldn't fault anyone going for that deal!

DKRanger22

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 09:26:18 pm »
Well my R8 came today.  I had some meetings that cropped up at work and couldn't sneak off while it was being delivered, but the crew did a nice job and placed it exactly as I wanted it.  They called me twice throughout the process - one to confirm placement and desired cover-lifter location preferences, and the other upon completion to confirm that all went well.   I ended up doing my pad out of pavers.  A bit more time consuming than originally anticipated, but the end result came out great and ended up about a grand cheaper than my concrete estimates.  Ended up digging down ~6" and filling with stone.  Came over top of the stone with sand to level everything off and compacted down with the machine from Home Depot.   The side nearest my house was nice and flush with the ground, but the opposite side closest to my fence dropped off about 3", thus leaving the pavers and a bit of sand underneath exposed.  I wasn't keen on that and was concerned about rain washing the sand away, so I poured a concrete curb to prevent that from happening.  I am really pleased with the end result, and the tub is sitting perfectly level. 

After digging down 6" and back-filling w/ stone:

Pavers going in.  Very tedious process making fine adjustments to get each paver perfectly level.

Curb progress under way:

Finished product:

Tub in place:

Will be finishing electrical over the weekend, and hopefully running thereafter.  Very excited for our first soak in this beast!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 09:56:00 pm »
Looks great!

DKRanger22

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2016, 10:04:12 pm »
Thanks!  Once I get it running, my next project will be adding some privacy fencing and either more pavers under the steps or perhaps some decking to raise the steps in order to make the step up and in/out a little easier.  The cover lift does give me a decent bit of privacy, but some fencing will finish it off nicely. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:05:51 pm by DKRanger22 »

silversun

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 05:08:07 pm »
DK ranger, how are you liking the R8?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 05:08:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42