What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maax - Bullfrog - Jacuzzi?  (Read 4736 times)

RocTubGuy

Maax - Bullfrog - Jacuzzi?
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:24:38 pm »
First - so glad to have found this site. It's been very helpful. I'm amazed at how little information is available  We're looking for a new tub.  As many have stated, we are staying away from big box stores, internet sales and the gigantic spa expo.  Sticking to long time in business local dealer with great reputations.   Here is where we are in our search.  All prices include delivery, tub, cover, lifter, steps and chemical starter. 

We have wet-tested:
   Bullfrog X8 ($6600) - This was "ok"  nothing bad, but nothing to rave about.  Nice tub great price.  No bells and whistles.   
   MAAX 480 ($9900) - Fully loaded with every Option.  We really liked this tub a lot. The jets, seats, etc...

We still plan to wet test Jacuzzi this weekend.  I have confirmed pricing as J-345($7161), J-385($8679), J-470($10,551). I'm looking primarily at the 385 to get the bigger tub without the cost of the 470. I can't figure out the value of the 470 over the 385 in terms of features.  Yeah, it's got the fancy shape and dual waterfalls, etc... but for $2k I don't see it.

I'd consider a Hot Spring Vanguard, but waiting to hear on price for that.  I'm just assuming it's going to be well above our already increased budget.   We also have a local dealer who sells Sunrise as their main line.  I haven't stopped in there, but maybe I will. Almost nothing online about this brand.   I could add Coast to the list if I wanted to travel out a little farther, but I'm not sure they can add anything better than the list I have.       

Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Maax - Bullfrog - Jacuzzi?
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:24:38 pm »

JoeCappi

Re: Maax - Bullfrog - Jacuzzi?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 04:54:46 pm »
Those are great prices - I just got quoted on the J385 - $11800 and the J470 -$13900 and supposed to be favor prices. lol
I would jump on a J470 right now at $10680
Where are you located?

Sam

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:27:29 pm »
I would not consider Maax in the same league as Bullfrog and Jacuzzi with regard to quality, reliability, energy efficiency, and jetting. 

RocTubGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:44:11 pm »
I'm in NY.  The Jacuzzi pricing just started yesterday and runs through the weekend. According to the dealer it's a manufacturer deal by Jacuzzi.   We are going tomorrow to wet-test.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:53:20 pm »
 Also comparing the BF 8X to the others mentioned is apple to oranges in difference and price.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »
Also comparing the BF 8X to the others mentioned is apple to oranges in difference and price.

Yeah, forgot to mention that.  The X series is Bullfrog's entry level.  They are great for the price but if you are willing to spend those other amounts, look at the R Series with JetPaks.

JoeCappi

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 08:00:27 am »
I'm in NY.  The Jacuzzi pricing just started yesterday and runs through the weekend. According to the dealer it's a manufacturer deal by Jacuzzi.   We are going tomorrow to wet-test.   

where in NY? I too am in NY -

RocTubGuy

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 09:53:10 am »
We are in Western NY, Rochester area.   This past weekend we wet tested a Sunrise Paragon Essence ($7600 in-stock closeout) and the Jacuzzi J-375.  We liked the Jacuzzi far and away better then any of the others.  We put in our order for a factory new J-375 yesterday for $8679 + Tax which included the cover, lifter, stairs, startup chemicals and delivery.  We could have upgraded to a hydraulic lifter for $60 but we passed on that.   
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:55:24 am by RocTubGuy »

JoeCappi

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 10:00:36 am »
That is awesome - congrats!
Thanks for the info!

buba

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:08 am »
Good pricing on the Jacuzzi

For reference, I purchased a Jacuzzi J335 in 2014 (Lounge version  of J345) for $7,500 plus sales tax and it included the following.

Jacuzzi J335
    Pre-delivery site inspection
    Delivery and Setup of new tub
    Haul off and disposal of old tub (18 yrs old - no value)
    Cover
    Lift arm with hydraulic assist
    Steps
    Startup Chemicals

Livefast

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 02:56:59 pm »
Great thread. Congrats on the purchase! I've been looking asst tubs as well. Haven't wet tested yet but was looking at maax 480a well as the Jacuzzi. I seen in your first post yippy loved the maax. What was the deciding factor In getting the Jacuzzi? Thanks for any insight

RocTubGuy

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 10:09:10 pm »
Well first of all, the Jacuzzi was $1300 less than the Maax.  Second, the seat comfort & jets on the Jacuzzi were just better.  Clearly better.  Beyond that, the general feedback on this and other forums is that Maax and Jacuzzi are not in the same league quality wise.  Maybe that's true, maybe not.  I have no prior experience with either.  I'm sure they both have their issues.  We wet tested 6 tubs in 5 days last week.  My advice is to wet test.  When you find the right tub, it will be clear.  Just my 2-cents.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 11:26:32 pm »
 8600 for a J-375 insane.   Congrats! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 11:26:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42