What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs Flair  (Read 6719 times)

39lasalle

Hot springs Flair
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »
We have done all our testing and have decided to go with the Flair.  Dealer wants $9150, that is with delivery, hookup , and cover.  Just checking if this seams like a fair price?

Also our old hot tub sat on a stone pad not a concrete slab. It is level and flat. will this be an issue for the Flair?

One other thing , in our old hot tub, we were using Bromine and this is what I am familiar with. Any reason to change to Chlorine or can I stick with the Bromine?

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs Flair
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »

rspray

Re: Hot springs Flair
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:34:30 pm »
We got ours a little cheaper here in MA ($7500+tax, no install), but I'm convinced they wanted to get rid of it as everyone on here tells me I got a steal. We have really enjoyed it going on 5 months.

Can't speak to the stone pad, ours is on pavers. Also, we have used chlorine from the start, so can't help you there.

Enjoy!

JoDee

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:52:13 am »
Hello, I would like to know if the price for your flair includes the Ozone system (Freshwater III corona Discharge) It seems like you got a great price from what I am finding in my area. Thanks!

rspray

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:27:18 am »
Mine included Ozone (not Freshwater III, my model # is MCD-50 110V), cover, lifter, $100 in chems, delivery.

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 03:51:23 pm »
Just curious if you went to LaSalle...

39lasalle

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 06:11:32 pm »
Just curious if you went to LaSalle...

No, I have a 1939 LaSalle 50 Series sedan, it was part of Cadillac back in the day.

39lasalle

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 08:54:00 am »
I said we tested but meant myself...I need to get my out to test unfortunately I can not find a Flair in stock.  Does anyone think it will be a big deal if we test any tub in the Limelight Collection?

Thanks

pmang

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 10:19:53 am »
Try wet testing a Hot Springs Aria. It's a similar layout to the Flair. You can then test a limelight series tub for the jets. I did wet test both models and went with the Aria for a few reasons. Flair is a great tub and was in my top 5...

39lasalle

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 03:23:35 pm »
Pmang,

What were your reasons for going with the Aria?

pmang

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 03:37:19 am »
Pmang,

What were your reasons for going with the Aria?

The two biggest reasons were jet layout and filter location.

I broke my left ankle a few years ago and the foot jets on the Aria hit my surgically repaired area just right. No other tub came close to this therapy.

Secondly (and you need to use your imagination for this) was the filter location compared to the Flair. On the Aria the filters are on the opposite corner of the lounger. On the Flair, the filters are at the base of the lounger. So.. With the Aria, you can actually sit on either side of the lounger and put your feet on the moto massager. You can also use the calf jets on your thighs. It's a nice alternative use of the lounger. You can't do this with the Flair. Another big plus is the corner seat on the Aria... Just a fantastic seat with great back therapy!

Overall, I really liked the Flair (and would have loved saving the $3K price difference) but after wet testing, there was no doubt the Aria was the right tub for us. If the Aria didn't exist, I would have bought the Flair...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:45:49 am by pmang »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 11:34:46 am »
Try wet testing a Hot Springs Aria. It's a similar layout to the Flair. You can then test a limelight series tub for the jets. I did wet test both models and went with the Aria for a few reasons. Flair is a great tub and was in my top 5...

quite different tubs...there not even built in the same factory...Limelight is one of Mexico's finest...Highlife Collection (Grandee, Envoy, Aria, Vanguard, etc) is still built in Cali...completely different jets, different controller, different lights, different insulation, and the "angle" of the lounge is not the same...basically an Aria blows away a Flair, hence the reason it is 3k+ more

scoobywagon02

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 04:42:58 pm »
You are comparing two very different spas hence the major price difference. As pointed out in the post previous to mine there are significant differences between the two models. That seems a little pricey to me but it would depend on what the package includes. What lifter? What steps? What does "installation" include? A little more detail as to what the package is would be helpful. The bottom line is if we are comparing the two lounge seats there is a huge difference. How tall are you? Have you felt moto massage running?

39lasalle

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 10:30:12 pm »
You are comparing two very different spas hence the major price difference. As pointed out in the post previous to mine there are significant differences between the two models. That seems a little pricey to me but it would depend on what the package includes. What lifter? What steps? What does "installation" include? A little more detail as to what the package is would be helpful. The bottom line is if we are comparing the two lounge seats there is a huge difference. How tall are you? Have you felt moto massage running?

Mostly looking at the Flair, standard lifter , no steps , I would be responsible for hooking up the box to electric but from box to tub they do.

I am 6'5" 250# and my wife is 5'2" 110

scoobywagon02

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 02:26:18 pm »
That price seems a little steep for what they are giving you is that with tax included? Are they a reputable dealer? What cover lifter are they giving you? For that money it should be the Hot Spring Covercradle. Are they including a ozone system? Do you have a pre-existing wiring from the old hot tub or is this a new home? If you have wet tested then you know it is what you want.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 02:26:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42