What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowing down the choices  (Read 36337 times)

richierich

Re: Narrowing down the choices
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 06:23:20 pm »
I also chose the Optima over the Niagara.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 06:23:20 pm »

MikeK157

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »
I also chose the Optima over the Niagara.

What did you like about it

richierich

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 10:41:45 am »
I liked the size and layout of the tub. The power and feel of the jets was also a big selling point. The seat directly across from the filter has two large jets that can pound my lower back into submission. The foot dome has strong jets for your feet or any part of your body that you can float over them. It also provides an anchor spot to help keep you in your seat when the jets are on high. My wife really liked the white pearl interior. Over all the Optima seemed to be a solid tub and the price was right.

MikeK157

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 11:53:47 am »
I liked the size and layout of the tub. The power and feel of the jets was also a big selling point. The seat directly across from the filter has two large jets that can pound my lower back into submission. The foot dome has strong jets for your feet or any part of your body that you can float over them. It also provides an anchor spot to help keep you in your seat when the jets are on high. My wife really liked the white pearl interior. Over all the Optima seemed to be a solid tub and the price was right.

What price did they quote?

richierich

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 01:07:27 pm »
my purchase was made in 2013.  10k out the door, steps, cover, lifter, chems, extra filter, extra clear-ray bulb, delivery included. It was a dry demo.

MikeK157

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »
my purchase was made in 2013.  10k out the door, steps, cover, lifter, chems, extra filter, extra clear-ray bulb, delivery included. It was a dry demo.

Great price. Ive seen the 780 series chelsea for 10k so to get a 880 series optima at 10k is a good deal. Which location was that

mpkelley20

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 03:43:34 pm »
FWIW, I got a quote on the Optima a few weeks ago from my local dealer.  I live just outside of Boston and was told 13.5K if it needed to be ordered and 12.4K for one they have in stock.  I was told those prices are way too high for the Optima. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »
FWIW, I got a quote on the Optima a few weeks ago from my local dealer.  I live just outside of Boston and was told 13.5K if it needed to be ordered and 12.4K for one they have in stock.  I was told those prices are way too high for the Optima.

For that price I would look at different models from other manufacturers, that tub is not worth 13.5k imo....10-11k is avg. selling price in this market

richierich

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 06:02:18 pm »
Purchase  was in July of 2013 in Cotati, Calif. I am sure prices have gone up.

mpkelley20

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2016, 02:12:02 pm »

Yes I have looked at others.  Currently looking at the Marquis Promise (which is a bit smaller than the Optima) and potentially Caldera Salina.  I haven't seen any Bullfrog dealers around my area so I have not looked at those yet.

I wil say that the Optima price included stairs, cover, lift, delivery, chemicals.  Although it sounds like most places do the same.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:17:02 pm by mpkelley20 »

MikeK157

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 02:49:46 pm »
So did the wet tests today on the 3 tubs

1) Lazyboy -  had the best reclining position so far but the jets didnt have the power i felt i would need to use the tub on a regular basis. The custom massages were a nice feature too but again at max power it was barely doing a thing. No jet really hit my  shoulders which was a negative. Staff were hopeless on top of that. Knew nothing about the tub itself.

2) Sundance Chelsea - Great tub with lots of power. Wife did not like the footwell however since it was over powering.  Each seat was its own experience

3) Sundance Optima - By far the best tub we have tried so far. Tons of power, footwell had more options for control so the wife liked it, huge variety in types of jets, Controls for the tub were easy to get a hang of. Sales rep was great. Knew all our answers, helped operate the tub and explained the warranty/inners of the tub. Just had a bit of everything in one tub so its out number one for now.

Testing the bullfrog next weekend to complete our tests.

mpkelley20

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2016, 10:42:29 am »
I know you didn't care for the Marquis Epic lounger but did you consider the Promise?  Basically the same tub but with open seating.  That is my front runner right now based on features but have not wet tested it yet.  The Vector tub from Marquis is really interesting but it is a BOG tub compared to what I am looking at. 

I do agree that the Optima is a really nice tub.  It is the only sundance I would consider as I am looking for a tub with both great jets and "ambience".  For some reason, Sundance is way behind others in the looks category.  I like the lighting options on the Hot Springs, Marquis and Calderas way better than Sundance.  The Optima is really the only decent looking one from Sundance in my opinion.  I just can't justify the pricing I am getting here in Massachusetts.  Way too high for the model and my wife thinks it is insane spending that much on a  hot tub when we already have an inground pool.  Keeping it to around $8000 to $9000 seems to be her limit before divorce proceedings start!

MikeK157

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 08:36:49 am »
Two wet tests booked for tommorow

Caldera niagara and bullfrog a8l

MikeK157

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 09:09:16 pm »
So reviews of the most recent tests.

The caldera niagara had great foot jets and rather powerful jets however i felt the jets were not precise snd felt a little sloppy. Lots of force but since they werent precise it didnt hit my back the way i hoped.

The bullfrog was a very nice tub. Surprised me how strong the jets were considering the technology behind it.
The individual knobs for power were a nice touch too. No diverter knobs to move the water. Foot jets were very weak however which was a downer.

dporter22

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2016, 09:24:36 pm »
Why were you surprised about how strong the Bullfrog jets were?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2016, 09:24:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42