What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R7L feedback  (Read 4522 times)

sarah0335

Bullfrog R7L feedback
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:41:08 pm »
I just put a deposit down on a Bullfrog R7L for $8,250.  It includes steps, cover, lifter, delivery and ozone (there is no sales tax in NH).  Do you think this price is reasonable? 

I was hoping to get it under $8k based on some other feedback I had seen on here.  There are only a couple dealers in the area though and they didn't seem willing to negotiate any lower.

For jet packs I asked for Rainshower, Oscillator, Neck Masseuse and Versa (I did wet test them).  Anyone have opinions on jetpacks or care to share their favorite?

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog R7L feedback
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:41:08 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Bullfrog R7L feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:13:11 am »
Sarah,

Welcome to the forum and the world of hottubing!  While my own personal experience with bullfrog has been limited, they have been around long enough to have established a good reputation.  I haven't been pricing tubs since my last purchase in 2012, but your price seems well within the reasonable range as far as I can remember. I hope you will come back and let us know how it goes for you.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:38:14 am »
good deal! JetPak choices are solid, other personal favs of mine are the: Wellness, Deep Relief and the Pulsator for a "broad" pulsating style massage

Racenut

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:49:15 pm »
That's about what I paid for my R7 but BF also had a $500 rebate going, so yay.  But from the feedback I got here, that price is somewhere between very good and impossible to keep the doors open low.

The neck masseuse feels great, with shoulder and neck problems, thought it would be my  favorite...  but when you turn the neck jets up, they tend to splash and make noise unless the water level is very full.... making it less relaxing and impossible to hear any sort of conversation.

We also have the rainshower.  it's best used at low levels.  My wife still likes it, but she usually prefers to just soak. It doesn't do anything for me.

I tried the oscillator and expected to love it, and I think I would if the big jets were about an inch closer together, or if I was 2 inches wider... and I'm 6', 240lb, so I'm not a lil guy.

My favorite is the gyrosage.  Similar to the pulsator but slower spinning.

Sam

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 01:10:36 pm »
That's a great deal for all that is included.  It doesn't sell that low around here, that's for sure.  For everything listed, it would be about $1000 more than that.

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 12:10:14 am »
I placed the Neck Masseuse in the deepest seat on my R7L - if the water level is at the indicator level, then it's great. If the water level is below the indicator - it splashes everywhere unless I sit a little further forward. I may move it around and see if it's any better in the other seats.

I also have the Oscillator which is really really growing on me more and more. I put it in the shallow seat and feel like it matches up with my frame best there (6'1)

I also have the Versa and out of my 4 jetpacks, I probably spend the least amount of time in it - but my wife spends the most time with the Versa. We adjusted the flow rate on the Versa because we found it to be a bit too strong when the jets are on full blast.

We didn't get the Rainshower, we got the Deep Relief as our 4th and I usually have it on the lounger and spend a lot of time there. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 12:10:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42