What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I have no taste, your opinion needed  (Read 12203 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
I have no taste, your opinion needed
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:44:59 pm »
Back when we totaled our van, we bought this Hyundai. At that time we were sure glad we had the hottub.  :)

Ok, here is the Hyundai.

Ok, now for the matter of taste.  I recently bought 4 brand new tires.  After they put them on, I found out they have raised white lettering. (There a Cooper tire of sort)  They put them on black side out and white letter side in. Raised white letters would look good on an SUV wouldn't it? Even if its a little Korean one?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

I have no taste, your opinion needed
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:44:59 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: I have no taste, your opinion needed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 07:48:00 pm »
For gawd sakes no white in! I made the mistake of putting white out on my SpaMan van "corny"! ;D
-SpaMan~

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 11:21:58 pm »
Your vehicle looks good the way it is.  How much would you have to pay to have the tires mounted letter side out, then rebalanced, and then put back this way again if you didn't like it?  
I have raised white lettering on my Ranger tires, white side out, I'd be just as happy with it in.  
How often do you see your own tires, anyway?  
Brewman

Soakin

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 12:48:39 am »
Just to show you that I can agree with Spaman and Brewman on some things ;), I also think that unless it is sports car or off-road pick-up, blackwall out is the way to go.  On the other hand, you could complete the NASCAR/NHRA look with numbers on the doors and roof and a bunch of decals. 8)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 06:49:23 am »
White letters out is old school. Even in the old school some of us though raised white letters was stupid. Shiney black walls all the way for me.
Retired

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 08:25:26 am »
Funny topic - I just replaced my tires on my F150 4x4 - when the guy asked me " inside or out?" I was caught off-guard - who cares I thought - so I said "out - I guess". The tires are awesome either way. Yet, when my brother happened to stop over, he says, "Hey, nice tires but you should have put the lettering inside".

Regardless, I'm just glad that I am much safer than before. By the way, I do have an off-road package - does that matter? ;D

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 09:31:54 am »
I dunno. My wife just put $1000 worth of Brigestones on her pick up and  they were mounted with the raised lettering on the outside, you know, where they belong.

I' thinlk purposely mounting the white letters on the inside in an attempt  at style is is pretty stupid.

I dunno, maybe if I was 22 years old I'd think different. But I am not.  ;)

I wouldn't go out of my way to change them.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:33:58 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 10:20:16 am »
Must have been some really nice tires if you paid a grand for the set!
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 01:30:52 pm »
Must have been some really nice tires if you paid a grand for the set!

I am not a tire expert, but they are rated for high milage (70000 miles), all season radials. They are a decent tire, and good sized and cost her about $225 per unit.  

They have white lettering. :^)

My wife does a lot of driving in her job, and through all sorts of conditions. I insist her truck be kept in top knotch condition.  

Wmmcall, I thought about this and think you shouldn't take tire fashion advice from me.  I like whitewalls.  :^)

07 Caldera Geneva

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 01:55:56 pm »
if it was an older car (like my 69 el camino, wish i still had it :() then white letters OUT!! flare and old school style.   newer cars, i always keep black side out. then again, i dont have a white car with which the colors wouldnt flow. 2 tone SUV, id stick with black out. looks smooth and clean.
Marquis dealer

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 02:01:57 pm »
if it was an older car (like my 69 el camino, wish i still had it :() then white letters OUT!! flare and old school style.  

True but keep one thing in mind, Bill still wears polyester bell-bottom pants and wide ties.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 03:22:15 pm »

True but keep one thing in mind, Bill still wears polyester bell-bottom pants and wide ties.

in that case, white walls and an old pinto are more of what he needs  :D sorry bill, had to say it
Marquis dealer

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 04:04:20 pm »
I'd picture him in a Gremlin, with chromed Keystone or Cragar (picture the wheels on the old Batmobile), jacked up rear end, and wide slick rear tires with lots of raised white lettering, with the soundtrack from "Saturday Night Fever" blasting from the 8 track tape deck.  
Brewman

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 04:32:49 pm »
almost sounds like the way my el camino was set up!! lol w/o the 8 track though!!! instead of sat night fever it was hendrix mixed in with some hard rock (nine inch nails, alice in chains, and such)
Marquis dealer

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 01:20:31 am »
oh, alice in chains was my favorite.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 01:20:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42