What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can anyone comment on Eco Spas?  (Read 60551 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Can anyone comment on Eco Spas?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 02:33:27 pm »
For clarification in my post:  They sell the plastic replacement arms online which would seem strange if they were covered under the lifetime warranty.  Eco Spas doesn't put their warranty on their website either so we can no longer verify.  They used to have it up and pulled it down due to their competitors talking about the warping covers.

I only know all of this because I used to sort of sell them.  It's a long story but we stopped due to the issues mentioned above.  They definitely did not cover the arms or warping under warranty.  It's exactly why we stopped working with them.  We had a lot of angry customers and their response was to basically tell us to pound sand.

It's all BS...lifetime warranties don't exist in this industry, and if they do they are written with so much fine print & red tape it's almost laughable...just like "LIFETIME WARRANTY" on the Shell, but just remember if the shell cracks or de-laminiates the local dealer charges you to pick it up, then the manufacturer charges shipping to the factory, takes 12 weeks to repair, then guess what you get to pay the shipping & delivery charges back to your house so your "LIFETIME WARRANTY" has just cost you $1,500 on a spa that may be 9 years old and only worth $3,000 at most. Get what you pay for just like anything else in life.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 02:33:27 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 10:43:28 pm »
I think according to any law lifetime means 7 years.
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 11:17:16 am »

It's funny but I'd almost rather buy a product with a 7 year warranty vs. a Lifetime Warranty.  At least I know a 7 year warranty can be 'legit' whereas anytime I see "Lifetime" I immediately look for the fine print to see what the "escape clauses" are.

meriflower

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 01:42:01 pm »

It's funny but I'd almost rather buy a product with a 7 year warranty vs. a Lifetime Warranty.  At least I know a 7 year warranty can be 'legit' whereas anytime I see "Lifetime" I immediately look for the fine print to see what the "escape clauses" are.

Bullfrog offers a lifetime warranty on their "EnduraFrame" but on their X series they give it 5 yrs.

39lasalle

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 08:17:31 pm »
Ad we call it in the automotive aftermarket industry it is "LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY"!!!!!    What the hell does that mean? 

To me it means to take care of customer but then againmy customers are spending thousands every month , year after year.

A little different!

Lol

Proud American

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 05:51:27 pm »
 I love my Eco Spa! I am a very happy customer. They are the original company that started it all. There are allot of dealers and manufactures that come on these forums to bad mouth each other. The facts are Eco Spas are made by a company with a great reputation that has been manufacturing from polyethylene since 1959. Believe me I research! They have had the same locations in Southern California for over 60 years. My neighbors turned me onto this product about 10 years ago. Both of our spas look like the day we bought them and the one time I needed service they were great! They have power clamps that lock the 2 piece hardtop down into place (impossible to warp) much better than any vinyle top or even the tuff spa cover with no power clamps. Take it from me these Spas Rock! Keep going Eco Spas!

Sam

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »
well you are clearly an employee of this company.  Your first post here and you came straight to this old post?  It reads like an employee.  You know what year your company started rotomolding?  How many customers know the year that their manufacturer started?  Most people can't even remember the brand they bought.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 02:48:10 pm »
When your only tangible feature is overselling the cover of the spa it's time to look at other brands...are you spending 3-6k on a cover or on a hot tub? The cover is simply to distract you on how under built the rest of the that Rubbermaid tote is.

Proud American

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 07:13:24 pm »
I came on here to look at reviews because someone I recommended Eco Spas to said people were bad mouthing the company on here. Everyone I know that has an Eco Spa has had very little problems and said the cost has been worth every penny. I share in that concensus. My spa has performed wonderfully over the years. Believe me I have owned many different hot tubs over my lifetime, the vinyle tops are no good they simply just don't last. What is more the Eco Spa has a one piece bottom structure so everything inside stays bone dry and no critters ever get in it. Most other spas have wood frames that eventually rot out. I've seen this first hand up close and personal! I've been there and done that with traditional spas and I've had houses in Las Vegas and in Big Bear Ca. Eco Spas are great product. I have and will continue to recommend the product to everyone.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:38 pm »
When your only tangible feature is overselling the cover of the spa it's time to look at other brands...are you spending 3-6k on a cover or on a hot tub? The cover is simply to distract you on how under built the rest of the that Rubbermaid tote is.

LOL hey, don't knock Rubbermaid totes......
Retired

Sam

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 04:46:14 pm »
I came on here to look at reviews because someone I recommended Eco Spas to said people were bad mouthing the company on here. Everyone I know that has an Eco Spa has had very little problems and said the cost has been worth every penny. I share in that concensus. My spa has performed wonderfully over the years. Believe me I have owned many different hot tubs over my lifetime, the vinyle tops are no good they simply just don't last. What is more the Eco Spa has a one piece bottom structure so everything inside stays bone dry and no critters ever get in it. Most other spas have wood frames that eventually rot out. I've seen this first hand up close and personal! I've been there and done that with traditional spas and I've had houses in Las Vegas and in Big Bear Ca. Eco Spas are great product. I have and will continue to recommend the product to everyone.

You are an employee of eco spas

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 05:50:40 pm »

Hows the hydrotherapy? How many engineers do you have on staff to design your plumbing to improve efficiency and feel?
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 08:00:09 pm »

Hows the hydrotherapy? How many engineers do you have on staff to design your plumbing to improve efficiency and feel?

Aren't Ecco spas private labeled South Pacific and string spas?

Abassidr40

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 04:06:21 pm »
I have a spa repair company and have worked on thousands of spas over time.  I went to work on an ECOSPA the other day and was very impressed with the construction of the spa and the way it was well sealed all the way aroud...including the cover. I can't tell you how many calls I've been on where the spas wooden base has rotted away and water or critters have damaged the inside of the unit. I also found it very easy to work on as there was no need to drain it or dig out foam. This spa had a thermal blanket material. (Not the first time I've seen it). The components were easy to get to and the pump and pack were of good quality. The problem was a quick fix I just needed a small part, the customer put me on the phone with the manufacturer in the sent the part overnight with no charge. So from a professional standpoint I can tell you all around it's a good, well made unit. From a personal point of view I have no idea since I've never owned one, but if I was going to buy one...that would be it. Hopefully this helps.

Sam

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 06:01:32 pm »
Lol, nobody believes you either.  10 years and nobody has ever posted about eco spas.  Now in 2 weeks we get three people who have never visited the forum before and their first post goes straight to this thread.  Nice try eco spas. 

Do us a favor and post a full copy of your warranty where everyone can see that you don't cover warping of your cover.  It used to be posted online but was taken down.  The exact language was:

They are molded with a high grade polyethylene resin for toughness.  The expansion factor of this material however is very high and may cause some distortion during extreme temperature conditions which could cause the seal to part, clamps are installed to minimize this condition and should always be used.......Warpage is warranted at the time of delivery only.  The cost of removing, reinstalling, and any related shipping charges are the responsibility of the spa owner.

Nice "lifetime warranty" that only covers delivery day and the customer has to pay hundreds of dollars to have the cover shipped and installed, lol.  I am personally aware of numerous people who had warped covers and your company refused to replace them under warranty.  When the problem got bad enough, you changed the language of the warranty, added annoying clamps, and shortened the width of the spas.

I will admit that this has been a few years ago, so the language may have changed but we don't know for sure because you can no longer find the warranty on line.  Most reputable companies place their warranty in a conspicuous place on their website.  I've usually found that if it's not posted, there must be a reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 06:01:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42