What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Hot Tubs sold at Costco  (Read 17931 times)

JustAnotherNewbie

Bullfrog Hot Tubs sold at Costco
« on: April 01, 2016, 03:31:01 pm »
Just saw that select Costco locations will be featuring a Bullfrog Hot Tub Roadshow. Here is a link to the list of locations. Anyone near that can check in and report back on pricing? I know Costco pricing is transparent and out front. Would give folks an idea when negotiating.
http://m.costco.com/bull-frog-spas-schedule.html

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Hot Tubs sold at Costco
« on: April 01, 2016, 03:31:01 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Bullfrog Hot Tubs sold at Costco
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 03:46:44 pm »
you'll save a few hundred bucks, If you want those savings be prepared to buy it at Costco with a special UPC code they make for each spa

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »
Is there wet testing? What if you don't like it? Will you never buy another tub based on that? No real dealer for service. Just make sure to know what the small savings gets you. Or doesn't get you.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »
Is there wet testing? What if you don't like it? Will you never buy another tub based on that? No real dealer for service. Just make sure to know what the small savings gets you. Or doesn't get you.

I would agree with wet testing aspect of it that people should, but less than 30% actually do.   Service wise it is a dealer driven event at Costco, so the dealer would handle any warranty issues.    We opted out of the Costco events, we just don't have the staff to sit someone there all day or evening..   

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 07:49:49 pm »
The key word there is "Roadshow". These are NOT being sold by Costco, nor are they at Costcos pricing structure nor covered by Costcos warranty. A roadshow is where another, completely independent company comes in and basically rents space from Costco to sell their own "wares" at what ever price they determine, with what ever warranty they determine.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 08:25:12 pm »
The key word there is "Roadshow". These are NOT being sold by Costco, nor are they at Costcos pricing structure nor covered by Costcos warranty. A roadshow is where another, completely independent company comes in and basically rents space from Costco to sell their own "wares" at what ever price they determine, with what ever warranty they determine.

True to a point.  The customer does buy it through Costco and that's who they pay.   Costco also takes their cut from the final price.   You even have to have the actual Costco price tag and SKU# for the item and abide by Costco salesman policy.  We did a Jacuzzi one a few years ago and a Quadrfire woodstove display once.  I actually hated working there.  Not suppose to sit down, can't be on your phone,  Cannot approach customers unless they approach you first, not suppose to leave the areas for long except bathroom breaks or grabbing something to eat which you can't eat at your space.  It's a long a-- day.   I directed more people to the store and sold them there than at Costco. We made more money, good thing is it puts you in front of a lot of people. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »
And the only bottled water you can drink has to be Kirkland brand.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 07:48:43 am »

True to a point.  The customer does buy it through Costco and that's who they pay.   Costco also takes their cut from the final price.   You even have to have the actual Costco price tag and SKU# for the item and abide by Costco salesman policy.  We did a Jacuzzi one a few years ago and a Quadrfire woodstove display once.  I actually hated working there.  Not suppose to sit down, can't be on your phone,  Cannot approach customers unless they approach you first, not suppose to leave the areas for long except bathroom breaks or grabbing something to eat which you can't eat at your space.  It's a long a-- day.   I directed more people to the store and sold them there than at Costco. We made more money, good thing is it puts you in front of a lot of people.

So what about the Costco return policy?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 09:41:14 am »
 Good question.   We never had it happen, but I don't think there is one.  It's all on the dealer to take care of the customer since it's not actually a Costco brand item.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 10:37:56 am »
I don't believe their return policy applies to "road show" items.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 12:48:48 pm »

Hold on, are you telling me they won't allow you to go up and down the isles and get the food samples when things are slow? That's 80% of the reason I agree to go there with my wife in the first place so I'd go crazy standing there (not on my phone), only occasionally talking to people and watching them walk by with napkins and little plastic cups with food in them! Oh the humanity!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 02:09:24 pm »

Hold on, are you telling me they won't allow you to go up and down the isles and get the food samples when things are slow? That's 80% of the reason I agree to go there with my wife in the first place so I'd go crazy standing there (not on my phone), only occasionally talking to people and watching them walk by with napkins and little plastic cups with food in them! Oh the humanity!!

Oh no I did  ;D  Costco calls it grazing and "their employees" are not suppose to do it, though I am sure some do.    Fridays and Saturdays are the best days, some of the food is really good!!  I would take my coat off one time, then the next time wear it.  The people running those tables switch out like every half hour or so, but they really don't pay any attention to who grabs food.    After the 3rd day I figured out who the secret security shoplifter guy was.  You want a sucky job, be that guy.  All he does is walk around the store every day 6 days a week and pretends to shop while watching for shoplifters.   He had some crazy stories about people and how the pull or try to pull it off.   

Another bit of info how many rotiss chickens you think they sell a day per store?     Average 3 to 400vchickens a day.   Some stores sell upwards of 500+ chickens a day, and that's everyday.     When you think about it that is a chit load of chickens!   

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 01:27:49 pm »

If you pick up a magazine and read it for 15 seconds you'll have a manager calling corporate immediately, EVERY single salesperson I've spoken to in the industry has done the "COSTCO EVENTS" exactly 1 time and will never go back lol

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 09:54:31 am »

Actually, you are buying from Costco.  Manufacturer's warranty and Costco guarantee.  Price is dictated by Costco. Delivery and service by vender at the show.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 07:22:04 pm »

Actually, you are buying from Costco.  Manufacturer's warranty and Costco guarantee.  Price is dictated by Costco. Delivery and service by vender at the show.

OK wait a minute......we have two 100% opposing views here. Which is it? Doc, Dan?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 07:22:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42