What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7L floor model  (Read 8254 times)

Joker

Bullfrog A7L floor model
« on: March 17, 2016, 12:10:50 am »
Hi all. New guy here and thanks for the great info I have read so far on this site. My wife and I have been wanting a tub for awhile and I am recovering from back surgery. My surgeon suggested getting a therapeutic hot tub if possible. So we started looking and this coming weekend are wet testing a Bullfrog A7L tub. They are moving locations and didn't have any tubs set up right now. The A7L is a floor model and has never been wet. It is an early 2015 or maybe a December 2014 build date. The tub comes with the sound system, cover, cover lift, steps, delivery, setup and chemicals for $8999 OTD. The owner and salesman even came over to my house for a site inspection and to check what the electrical power hook up looks like. He said probably around $1000 to run the 220 to the side of my house where the tub will go. The electrician will look at it and give me a quote tomorrow.

So my questions are if this is a good price for a floor model with some small chips and scratches in it? It's so hard to figure out what a decent price should be on tubs. They said they usually go for in the 12k range. We like the look of the tub and dry test was good. If this tub was made in 2014 should it be a bigger price break? It's almost 1 1/2 years old and a floor model. I don't know if there are any significant differences between 2014-2016 models. They will fill the tub and get it heated up so we can test the different packs and make sure we like the ones they have in it. If we want different ones we will have to buy them. It has the rain shower, oscillator, neck blaster, pulsator, and wellness packs I think.

They said that they would give us a good price on a brand new tub but I have no idea what that is. We haven't tested any other tubs. There are a few stores in the area but for some reason I think this deal might be hard to beat. The dealer seems to be really good and that goes a long way for me in this day and age.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7L floor model
« on: March 17, 2016, 12:10:50 am »

Chief Kyle

Re: Bullfrog A7L floor model
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »
Don't know much about these spas...but they would be one I would consider if I was on the market for a new spa (quality product / good reputation).  The spa dealer(s) are going to tell you "it's" a great price...could be??  A good price is "how much do you want to pay?"  Looking for spa pricing is impossible, but I think you are going to pay 10k-15k for a higher end tub, probably closer to the 12k mark.

I like the $8999...that's less than $9000 :). WET TEST....

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 01:53:37 pm »
giveaway price, with his time coming to your house, delivery crew, accessories + the spa/stereo he's not making enough profit to pay his utility bill on his store for the month.  I assume he's doing this because he's under a time "crunch" and has to get rid of "older" product which is great news for you...good timing :-) you'll love the Bullfrog product, Happy Soaking!

Joker

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:48:45 pm »
Thank you both for your replies. I figured it was a pretty good deal. I'm waiting on them to call me back with electrical cost and then do our wet test on Saturday. Looking forward to the wet test more than I thought I would.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 08:54:48 pm »
2nd BullfrogSpasMN.

If I sell it for that, I'm closing my doors.

I'd suggest jumping on it sooner rather than later (refundable deposit?)  It would suck to lose out on that deal!

Joker

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 09:51:36 pm »
2nd BullfrogSpasMN.

If I sell it for that, I'm closing my doors.

I'd suggest jumping on it sooner rather than later (refundable deposit?)  It would suck to lose out on that deal!

Thanks for the feedback. I unfortunately didn't hear back from them today on the electrical hook up cost. If I don't hear back from them by a decent time tomorrow I'll call and see what they have to say. We have the wet test in a day and a half and the wife already wants to buy it if she likes it.

Is there any difference in the 2014-2016 models?

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 12:53:05 am »
Very mild difference.

The pillows and exterior light sconces are now black.  The fountain is cooler on the 2016 version.  And a touch screen is an option, but not standard.  The touch screen is more of a cool factor upgrade, as I don't see any added functionality.

Other than that, it is the same spa!

Joker

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 01:18:23 am »
d00nut, thank you. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Wasn't sure if there was any real reason to pass up an older model for the latest and greatest. To me it looks like there isn't.

BenW

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 12:33:41 pm »
I was looking to buy an R7.  What's the difference (price and features/quality) between A7 and R7?

KDFrosty

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 05:59:24 pm »
I was looking to buy an R7.  What's the difference (price and features/quality) between A7 and R7?
A7 has an extra jet pack (5 in the A7, 4 in the R7), stainless steel permanent jets, exterior lighting, more wrist/calf/and foot jets, and updated controller. IME from shopping for a Bullfrog lately, there is roughly $1K difference in price as you go up from R6 to R7 to R8.  Want the A series of the same model? Add an extra $1K.
With little negotiation I was quoted $8000 for an R7 2016 floor model that has never been filled.  Includes steps, ozone, sample chemicals, cover, cover lift, delivery, and install.
These links might help: (R7 v A7)
http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/r-series-hot-tubs/r7/
http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/a-series-hot-tubs/a7/
HTH

Hydrotherapy Guru

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 11:40:39 pm »
Seems like a pretty good deal, I just paid 12k for a new 2016 A7L delivered, mine came with ozone/circ pump no speakers, otherwise was the same. When I wet tested, I loved it, the best advice is *definitely wet test!*

One of the things I think you might miss out on a floor model is being able to pick your own jets. Getting to pick your own jets really let's you dial in your experience...and was one of the major selling points on a Bull Frog for me.  I might see if they are willing to swap some out for you after you wet test if you find there are some jets you prefer more than others.

Joker

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
The wet test went well. We bought it and it's being installed very soon. We really liked it and the way the jet packs work. It's nice to be able to move them around and pick what works for you in which seat. Down the road we might try different jet packs just to change it up but I think we will be happy with the ones that came with it.

Sam

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »
Congrats!  You got a great deal.  The R7 should sell for that price.  The A7 all in should be pushing $12k.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42