What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8 with Slate siding or Jacuzzi Luxury Series J585 with Woven siding  (Read 5919 times)

rsfsundevil

Hi All,

New to the forum and looking for your opinions. I have read up on a lot of reviews but haven't seen anything comparing the Bullfrog A8 (top of the line) with Jacuzzi's J585 (top of the line).

A little background on my due diligence up to now, I have researched the following in person:

Sundance
Jacuzzi
Hotsprings
Caldera
Bullfrog
Calspas
Coleman

All are good products from what I can tell. But in the end, I wet tested Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera, and Bullfrog because of sizing, style, and features that made sense to me.

Fortunately in San Diego there are 3 dealers all within a mile of each other representing the brands above. All have been very professional and I don't worry at all about service from any of them. So service is a non-issue at this point from a dealer standpoint at least from what I can tell. Warranty - that is a different consideration which I don't know and look to you on.

I want the product that will feel great therapeutically speaking, hold up well to outside elements since it is going outside, and look great from a cabinet design standpoint. While money is important, I am willing to spend more if I need to for the better product that is more hassle free.

Bullfrog -

I like the jet packs concept although I wouldn't ever change them out, but more importantly I like the concept of much less plumbing in the tub to every worry about. That intrigues me. I was able to wet test an R7 model, not the A8 model I would get, and at least feel which Jet packs work best for me. Being able to select which ones I like is very cool. I don't care for the look of the standard cabinet, but I like the look with the "Slate" contemporary upgraded panels. So if I bought the A8 Bullfrog, this would be how I would buy it.

Jacuzzi -

I like the lighting, waterfall, and design of Jacuzzi's. But the new Jacuzzi J500 Luxury series (J585 in this case) with the woven exterior is the way I would go if I went the Jacuzzi route but I haven't seen one in person or wet tested it. I do have a nice brochure that outlines the J500 series and it shows great pictures but seeing it in person is important too. It looks like a classy tub to me and is considered their flagship. So, if I liked the model I wet tested, I would think this is even better.

I know where they are both built (Utah and Mexico respectively) and I know that Bullfrog has a good name and so does Jacuzzi, but what I really need is first hand experiences from A8 owners or J500 series owners. Particularly 2016 owners since some features have changed from 2015 to 2016 on the A8. The J500 is new altogether.

I would be getting a fully loaded tub here WITH the sound system so any separate opinions on the systems in each would be great to hear too.

Thanks all.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:54:19 pm by rsfsundevil »

Hot Tub Forum

rsfsundevil

I decided to put a deposit on the Bullfrog A8 today, with sandstone interior, slate exterior, with lifter, cover, steps, audio system, circ pump, and the exterior lighting - not to mention 6 Jet Packs that I found most therapeutic when I wet tested it. I hope I made the right decision and look forward to having it delivered sometime after May 1st when our back yard remodel is ready for it.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 Well that didn't take long.  You made a good choice, but they were all good choices less the Cal-spa and Coleman which are the same company.   

Compatico

I decided to put a deposit on the Bullfrog A8 today, with sandstone interior, slate exterior, with lifter, cover, steps, audio system, circ pump, and the exterior lighting - not to mention 6 Jet Packs that I found most therapeutic when I wet tested it. I hope I made the right decision and look forward to having it delivered sometime after May 1st when our back yard remodel is ready for it.
Sorry didn't have time to read and reply to your earlier post...but it sounds like you made a good choice. We like the Bullfrog concept too and are leaning toward them.

Remember to come back and post photos of your setup when it's ready, and enjoy your tub!

rsfsundevil

I know, certainly no grass growing under my feet! I will post follow up in the coming months and some photos. Thanks all.

Sam

Personally, I'd stay away from stereos no matter what brand.  Too late for that now.

BullFrogSpasMN

Good Choice on the Bullfrog...the stereo options is pretty nice as well, powered sub and the new speaker locations make it more practical when using the spa with a bunch of people since they are now "angled upwards"

just curious which JetPaks did you like the best/choose for your spa?

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42