What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Marquis Epic  (Read 5541 times)

miatadude

Used Marquis Epic
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:40:00 pm »
Hello everyone. I used to be on this forum 12-13 years ago. Had to resign up as I am back in the hot tub market. I went to look at some of the new Hot Springs and Calderas. Also saw ALPS and La Z Boy. There is a local Marquis Epic for sale and I am going to look at it tomorrow morning. 2007 for $1695. I plan on giving it a good look over. I am very good with wiring and mechanicals. The new Hot Springs I looked at is $11,500. Not a bad deal but I would love to save some money. Anything in particular I should look for when I am looking at the used Marquis?

Hot Tub Forum

Used Marquis Epic
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:40:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Used Marquis Epic
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:20:19 pm »
Make sure it pumps and heats water without leaks.
Retired

miatadude

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 08:47:52 pm »
He has it filled and still wired. Selling it because the kids are out of college and on with their lives.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:41:04 pm »
If it heats and no obvious signs of abuse it sounds like a good deal. A new epic is in the 12k range.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 10:01:06 pm »
I have a 2008 Epic. My kids are out of college and on their own too, but hubby and I enjoy it more than ever now!  ;) Seriously, I had to replace my control panel and I replaced my  cover,  but that's it in 8 years!! The tub has wonderful therapy and lots of room. I have been very careful with my water management but you might want to ask about the sanitizing system (should be the bromine frog). Pull out the frog cartridge holder and if it is the original you might be able to tell something about how the water was managed. The plastic might look discolored but it should still be intact (not cracked or broken).  I would check that all of the jets work and the air too. Turn the jets on and the spa light and ask about setting the tub in different modes. If they can show you standard mode, economy mode and sleep mode, the control panel is working fine.  Ask about the age of the cover and check that it isn't waterlogged or worn badly. I would say,  based on my experience,  you may have a really great deal!  The Epic is very efficient (I run mine in economy virtually all the time). I live in the North East, so winters are varied, but it's been pretty easy on my electric bill. It's a big tub with plenty of room for a few friends or to exercise and move around. I could go on and on about how we love our tub, but maybe let the sellers convince you. If everything isn't perfect....work the price a bit..oh and check the shell carefully!! Marquis had an issue with crazing in the surface of the shell. (my 2008 was actually a replacement for my 2005 tub). I believe it only occurred in one of the lighter colors. Good luck and let us know what you decide :).
Support your dealer so they can support you!

miatadude

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 10:26:19 pm »
Thank you for all of the advice. I remember wet testing the Marquis line back in 2002 or 03 and loved them.

miatadude

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »
The tub was in great shape. They had replaced a few items last year, had annual check ups from the local dealer, and it is going to be ours. Getting it delivered on Saturday if the ground is not too soggy. I will post pics after I get it. Yeeeeeeeee Haaaawwwww. Getting a hot tub again.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »
Congratulations! I think you will be happy with your decision!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 05:32:34 pm »
Yea be careful with the move though. They can change things. Even a couple grand to operate/repair over the next few years your still money ahead.
Retired

miatadude

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »
I am having a professional hot tub mover perform the move. I would not try it now....getting too old.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42