What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great deal on a Marquis Promise.  (Read 7182 times)

chopper 7

Great deal on a Marquis Promise.
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:01:21 pm »
Hi, So I found a deal on a Marquis Promise that is less than a year old for $6000. I know these are $8500 out the door new but I believe the the warranties are not transferable past original owner. All my research says these are one of the best hot tubs on the market, what type of things realistically could go wrong that would make saving $2500 a bad decision.
I appreciate any feedback, Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Great deal on a Marquis Promise.
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:01:21 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Great deal on a Marquis Promise.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 01:52:19 pm »
What options does it have on it?  Is it dual pump or single pump?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 01:52:52 pm »
Hi, So I found a deal on a Marquis Promise that is less than a year old for $6000. I know these are $8500 out the door new but I believe the the warranties are not transferable past original owner. All my research says these are one of the best hot tubs on the market, what type of things realistically could go wrong that would make saving $2500 a bad decision.

The warranty is not transferable but you left out the detail as to whether this is from a dealer (where often you can get something like a 60 day store warranty for in store used spas) or if its from a spa owner which in that case its "as is" so you'd need to see it in person heated and fully in operation or you walk away.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »
That's a good deal, we sell them new for $9500.  Unlikely that there could be anything major wrong with it, even if it was abused it would be hard to mess things up that bad in a 1 year timespan.  The seating is great in that tub, I like how it has the 3 higher seats/step on one side, and then lower on the other side.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:26:24 pm »

The warranty is not transferable but you left out the detail as to whether this is from a dealer (where often you can get something like a 60 day store warranty for in store used spas) or if its from a spa owner which in that case its "as is" so you'd need to see it in person heated and fully in operation or you walk away.

This is good advice. From a dealer it is a fantastic deal. From a private owner I'd bring my screw gun and swim suit to inspect it. Not to say there should be anything wrong, solid tub. But if your going to take responsibility for the equipment bay, you should see it perform.
Retired

chopper 7

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
Thank you for the replies a lot about this deal seems too good to be true but its good enough for a couple hundred mile drive to check it out. I'm told its like new and will see it next week, in the pictures the control panel is oval and all the new ones are rectangle so its true age is still a mystery. Owner is not sure weather it has 1 or 2 pumps does that effect its value much?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:21:07 pm »
Thank you for the replies a lot about this deal seems too good to be true but its good enough for a couple hundred mile drive to check it out. I'm told its like new and will see it next week, in the pictures the control panel is oval and all the new ones are rectangle so its true age is still a mystery. Owner is not sure weather it has 1 or 2 pumps does that effect its value much?

The new ones are oval. My biggest concern would be condition, the fact that it will carry no warranty. Too me the single pump version doesn't push out enough water flow so hopefully it's a 2 pump. Bring a screwdriver. Don't just take the access panel off take the corner side panels off and check out the pumps. What part of the country are you in?   I typically sell the dual pump with constellation lighting in the 8500-9000 range. Also there will be a tag in the inside of the access panel that will have the year on it. If you get me the serial number I should be able to lookup any warranty issues it may have had for peace of mind

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 11:55:58 am »
Good advice from hottubguy.

In my opinion the 1 pump is fine, the Jets will have a good amount of power but you won't be running as many at the same time. It's divided between 3 settings, upper body, lower body, and leg/feet jets. The 2 pump version will have 2 larger geyser jets in the bottom of the footwell. That is how you can tell.

The new control panel is is oval but a little bit more of a squarish oval. The control panel prior to 2013 is more of a traditional oval.  If the control panel has a color screen on it, it should be 2013 or newer.

chopper 7

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 02:43:53 pm »
I found out from the seller it is a 2012 dealer demo tub and it is the two pump model. It seems like it is a good thing it was ran so any bugs could be worked out. Are there any differences from a newer Promise?

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 05:23:09 pm »
Only thing different is the control panel, different look on the jet faces, and some of the control valves/knobs will have a different look.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »
Only thing different is the control panel, different look on the jet faces, and some of the control valves/knobs will have a different look.

is it filled/running and up to temp? I would want it that way upon inspection before I laid down any cash, and I wouldn't lay down 6k for a 4 year old spa with no warranty from a private party, but that's just me..your mileage may vary

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »

We are assuming on the premise that it is "less than 1 year old" I take back everything I said.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:19:24 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »
I found out from the seller it is a 2012 dealer demo tub and it is the two pump model. It seems like it is a good thing it was ran so any bugs could be worked out. Are there any differences from a newer Promise?

How long has he owned it for. 6k is a lot for a 4 year old tub with no warranty. MAybe through a dealer with a warranty. Where are you located?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42