What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-375 control panel blank  (Read 10286 times)

Buck Mark

Jacuzzi J-375 control panel blank
« on: December 27, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »
I have a 2006 Jacuzzi J-375 and the control panel is blank. The backlit display works but I cannot read the letters and numbers on the display. I drained and cleaned the tub today and when I turned the breaker back on, the panel was garbled. There's no error message, just a few lines here and there. Could the panel have gotten wet when I cleaned it? If so, is it fried or is there a way to dry it out. The breaker stays on but the jets and waterfall (etc) do not function. I've tried pressing the buttons on the control panel to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-375 control panel blank
« on: December 27, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-375 control panel blank
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »
Sounds like the topside controller is done. Are the pumps running?

Buck Mark

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 09:15:06 pm »
I cannot get the pumps, lights, etc to turn on because I cannot read the display. Even when I turn on the breaker nothing at all happens except the backlit display turns on.

Buck Mark

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 04:51:53 pm »
Actually, I turned the breaker on again today. Now, the jets turn on (for about 5 seconds) and then turn off. Then, they turn on again (for about 5 seconds) and then turn off. My topside panel is still blank. Any thoughts?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 05:40:07 pm »
Actually, I turned the breaker on again today. Now, the jets turn on (for about 5 seconds) and then turn off. Then, they turn on again (for about 5 seconds) and then turn off. My topside panel is still blank. Any thoughts?

call your local dealer and have the topside replaced, it sounds completely fried

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:36 pm »
 Bad topside.   If it's the LCD one it's part number 2600-323  2002 to 2006.  2007 to present is 2600-328   Like mentioned get one from the dealer or find it on line.   

Buck Mark

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 08:32:23 am »
I also have another control panel on the other side of the tub too. This one is also blank and won't show any numbers, letters, etc. Are the two panels controlled by one another? For example, could it be a bad fuse or something since BOTH panels are not showing any information on them?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:21 am »
I also have another control panel on the other side of the tub too. This one is also blank and won't show any numbers, letters, etc. Are the two panels controlled by one another? For example, could it be a bad fuse or something since BOTH panels are not showing any information on them?

The one at the back of the spa doesn't light up, it should just be a sticker. If it does light up, I would love to see a picture of it.    And yes if I remember right it is connected to the main topside. There are no fuses.   You might try unplugging the main topside from the circuit board and reconnect it.  Doubt it will work but worth a try.   99.99% sure you need a new topside. 

Buck Mark

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 12:44:59 pm »
Thanks Jacuzzi Jim. If it is in fact a bad topside, would that cause my jets to kick on and then turn off after a few seconds? Is that some kind of safety feature so the motor doesn't burn out or could this be a separate issue altogether? Or, could the jet issue be an airlock since I just drained and filled it a few days ago?
Also, I may have gotten some water behind the topside as I was cleaning it. Is it worth trying to disconnect the topside wire and clean and dry it out before plugging it back in or is this thing fried? Any other thoughts/suggestions to try. I am going to take off the panels and look at it tonight. I really appreciate the help!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »
The jets might be kicking in as a freeze protection, probably not related and if the jets are flowing water there is no airlock.     

As far the topside it is possible water got in there and you can try drying it but very doubtful water made it that far in to the connection at the board.  I have seen moisture (condensation) behind the display before, in fact I have it on my own spa with a dead bug under the screen as well, but mine works fine.   Most times the LED display will look like Russian letters or only partially visible display before it dies.      Your stuck buying a new topside buddy.  :'(

If you are doing it yourself you need a large screwdriver to pry it up by working your way around it slowly.   Once off you will see a well under it with a hole that the cable goes through.  There might be water built up in there, if so I have drilled a small hole in the lowest part where water traps to let future moisture drip out.     When/if you get the new one, clean the whole area really good with rubbing alcohol and let dry.  Drop the connection down the hole.  Then when you are ready to stick the topside to the acrylic you have one shot to get it right/straight. The sticky tape that holds it on is a one shot deal and once it's on it's on.      Good luck to you!   

Buck Mark

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »
Could the pump turning off after a few seconds possibly be a bad starter capacitor? I'm going to dive into this project this weekend and need as much help as possible, haha... Any chance of you providing me with your email address so I can send you a video of what is happening? I appreciate the help.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 02:26:45 pm »
 I think you should replace the topside first,  before replacing parts at random.  You can email me at  jima@barronheating.com

jonnyivy

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 03:09:49 pm »
Hi to all members , I have just joined your forum today and look forward to reading more posts.
The reason I jumped in here was because I had a similar problem with my older model Hot-tub too.
Hopefully it may help the O/P with thier problem.
My tub has also got two top-side controls, one at either side, the main one having the ability to program the temp, settings, and has the digital read-out ,... whereas the one opposite is smaller and only has the backing light with 4 buttons to activate the jets / lights/ air etc.
All the controls were working perfectly until I too emptied it and let it sit in the garage for almost a year before re-filling.
This is when I had similar problems to the O/P.... mines would not activate two seperate pumps on two seperate buttons. Same at the smaller controller, same buttons would not work.
What I did after much fiddling was to disconnect the Main topside controller from the grey ribbon wire loom junction ( the one which comes from the small topside control and plugs into the circuit board )
I was surprised to find out that the main top-side controller does not plug straight into the circuit board, but instead is plugged into a junction on the grey ribbon wire loom,from the smaller topside, effectivly hitching a ride into the circuit board.
 What I did was just unplug it from the junction and plug it straight into the circuitboard,... everything was back working again but as you guessed the smaller topside is now obsolete.
I figured there must be a fault in the buttons or wiring at the small top-side which was affecting the functions of the buttons on both as they are linked together.

I hope this may be of help but I'm just a novice in the hot-tub scene.

I now need to find somewhere to buy a new smaller top-side and the grey wire loom which come attached....
Am I allowed to give a link to the item in question mods ??

https://www.acuraspa.com/mn2000-aux.html    ( ML 2000-1XL-10 )

John
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:23:36 pm by jonnyivy »

Buck Mark

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 01:19:16 pm »
Thanks for all the help from you guys. I broke a pipe while working on it today. I replaced the tubing and turned on the breaker and voila! The pumps came on and my topside panel had power and everything works. I'm not sure if it was airlocked and it bled out. The only other thing I did was pulled the plug on the panel and dried it out with a hair dryer. I have no clue why/how my spa works, but it does and I really appreciate all the feedback and help in this forum! Happy New Year!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 04:15:57 pm »
 Sounds like it was a bad connection, ya got lucky  ;) 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 04:15:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42