What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic Delivered Today  (Read 6960 times)

JStarz

Marquis Epic Delivered Today
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
Santa finally brought me my present today, a Marquis Epic!  I started looking earlier this year at getting a hot tub, and I tested many different brands.  From the time I sat in the Epic, I knew it was the right tub for me.  I finally got to have one and it is warming up as we speak!  I ordered some Ahh-Some from Amazon and it is supposed to come tomorrow.  I am thinking of trying it out tomorrow to get it cleaned out.  I got a floor model that had not been filled, so I am sure some residual water has been sitting in there from when it was built and tested.  I love this site for all the advice!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:24:02 pm by JStarz »

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic Delivered Today
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »

JustAnotherNewbie

Re: Marquis Epic Delivered Today
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 07:43:30 pm »
Congratulations! Enjoy!

n.one.one

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »
Congratulations.
I'm sure many folks will look forward to the results of using Ahh-Some on a new spa. I'm planning on doing the same thing in the next few weeks.

amy2421

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 08:51:12 pm »
Congratulations & Merry Christmas to you! That is a great Christmas present... Enjoy!

Chief Kyle

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 09:09:53 pm »
Congrats...Enjoy

Racenut

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 09:41:30 pm »
Congratulations!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 10:34:29 pm »
Awesome tub. My best seller. Enjoy it

kasandrich

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 02:53:11 pm »
Good choice JStarz, we have also just taken delivery of an Epic about 10 days ago.

kasandrich

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »
Whats ahhsome???

n.one.one

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 06:08:04 pm »
Whats ahhsome???
Per their website they call it a Water Clarifier & Bio-Cleaner. There are many threads in this forum that discuss it at length.

JStarz

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 06:23:10 pm »
I used the Ahh-Some today.  The foam was pretty clean, but there was some nasty stuff here and there within the white.  It was swirled around the top of the foam and easy to get out.  I kept scooping out the dirty foam and let it continue running, until eventually the foam became clean.  I only did one application of it and refilled since it was not that bad.  I am glad I did it, though, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that stuff out.  Before coming across the threads about this product on this site, I never heard of it and probably would never have known any better to use it.  I think most of us newbies figure if we have a new tub, it must be clean.  My dealer was not familiar with it.  I'll definitely use it again when it's time to refill the tub in a few months! 

amy2421

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »
Sounds like your experience was similar to ours. We used it at the 3-month mark on our new tub. I also assumed since it was new it would be clean, but we scooped out some pretty nasty gunk too. (Looked like snot! LOL!)

Our dealer is familiar with it and sells it, and he said not to use it every time we drain and refill. Aside from the expense, is there any damage or downside to using it every time? (Keep in mind he sells it, so he has no vested interest in telling me NOT to use it.)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »
I used the Ahh-Some today.  The foam was pretty clean, but there was some nasty stuff here and there within the white.  It was swirled around the top of the foam and easy to get out.  I kept scooping out the dirty foam and let it continue running, until eventually the foam became clean.  I only did one application of it and refilled since it was not that bad.  I am glad I did it, though, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that stuff out.  Before coming across the threads about this product on this site, I never heard of it and probably would never have known any better to use it.  I think most of us newbies figure if we have a new tub, it must be clean.  My dealer was not familiar with it.  I'll definitely use it again when it's time to refill the tub in a few months!

I bet you most aren't. I only heard of it from on here. This was a case of some of the hot tub owners giving us dealers some good advice. I researched it as much as I could and am signing up to be a dealer of it

Quickbeam

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 02:24:37 am »
Sounds like your experience was similar to ours. We used it at the 3-month mark on our new tub. I also assumed since it was new it would be clean, but we scooped out some pretty nasty gunk too. (Looked like snot! LOL!)

Our dealer is familiar with it and sells it, and he said not to use it every time we drain and refill. Aside from the expense, is there any damage or downside to using it every time? (Keep in mind he sells it, so he has no vested interest in telling me NOT to use it.)

I don't have any kind of science background, so I can't directly answer your question. If I remember correctly however, it was this same dealer who advised you not to use Ahh-Some the first time, and you were glad you did. So I have a hard time believing he is familiar with the product. Not knocking your dealer, but it sounds to me like he doesn't know a great deal about the product.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 02:24:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42