What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying my 1st tub.....price point on Hot Springs Flair? Light Issues?  (Read 6677 times)

norcaljeffery312

Hi, thanks in advance for an input. I'm making my 1st purchase of a hot tub and on the recommendation of friends went to the Hot Springs dealer in town. Initially was looking at the hot spot relay ($5995) but leaning toward treating myself to a Limelight Flair ($8275). Both prices are out the door (he pas sales tax) with a cover lifter, steps, and delivery.  Ozonator is additional $199. Tuscon color is also $100 more. How are these prices? I am paying cash, is offering $8000 and asking him to throw in tuscon color and ozonator fair? Also, reading a lot of negative reviews on the lighting of the limelight series. Major issues with the LED lights. Have they corrected this problem?

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Buying my 1st tub.....price point on Hot Springs Flair? Light Issues?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 04:33:07 pm »
they had an update where they changed the light lens on all Limelight models and the newer models are much more reliable....personally I hate that many lights in spa, drilling in 15-30 extra holes into a shell is something that makes me cringe because its simply adding that many more leaks points for something I don't see much value in (your mileage may vary) sometimes I wish manufacturers would go back to 1 big light and avoid extra problems over something simple like lights

Thedoc

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 05:00:06 pm »
We just bought an envoy with the tuscan shell and extra money for this shell was never dicussed it was just another option. Don't know if there is a difference in the shell pricing from the limelight to the highlife.

amy2421

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »
they had an update where they changed the light lens on all Limelight models and the newer models are much more reliable....personally I hate that many lights in spa, drilling in 15-30 extra holes into a shell is something that makes me cringe because its simply adding that many more leaks points for something I don't see much value in (your mileage may vary) sometimes I wish manufacturers would go back to 1 big light and avoid extra problems over something simple like lights

Our new J-470 has no holes in the shell for lights. There is a big light in the center of the foot dome which is a clear disc filled with LED's, then the cupholders and headrests have lights in them and the ports of the waterfalls. In previous years, there was a big lit-up "Jacuzzi" logo on the flat step-in part, but apparently they did away with it because they were having problems with them leaking and/or the lights failing because it was horizontal & under water (to your point).

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 08:18:36 pm »
We just bought an envoy with the tuscan shell and extra money for this shell was never dicussed it was just another option. Don't know if there is a difference in the shell pricing from the limelight to the highlife.

In-stock versus not in stock maybe?  Either way, that price is good.  Definitely lower than what most dealers have it at, me included

norcaljeffery312

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 11:38:16 pm »
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated

ski bum

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:36:15 am »
I just bought a Flair and those prices are spot on.  It's a great spa and the jet configuration, especially on the lounge, really sold us.  Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:36:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42