What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber  720 vs. Beachcomber 740  (Read 8559 times)

billiam

Beachcomber  720 vs. Beachcomber 740
« on: July 15, 2004, 10:33:09 pm »
Just finished wet-test on the Eastern side of St.Paul / Mpls area.   Ranking

1a.  Beachcomber 720 Limited Edition
1b.  Hot Springs Vanguard
2.    Jacuzzi Premium

Disqualified
3   Sundance (Walked into furniture dealer -- no assistance, no wet test, cover broken on demo model).

Question for the FORUM.

Family really likes the Moto-Massage(TM) on the Hot Springs Vanguard.  

Would going to the different jet patterns on the 730 / 740 be better ?  

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber  720 vs. Beachcomber 740
« on: July 15, 2004, 10:33:09 pm »

OnMedic

Hey BilliaRe: Beachcomber  720 vs. Beachcomber 740
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 10:49:15 pm »
Hey Billiam!

Great choices!

We have the 740LE and are loving it! I would suggest looking at the 730 if you don't want the lounger before the 720, as you will appreciate the extra 8" in size.

That being said, the corner seat with the 6 jets and the neck jet on the 740 is the best! I thought it was better then the moto massage! The Moto Massage is only down the middle, where most of us have vertabrae. The best set-up is having two rows, one for each side of the spine where the tendons, legaments and muscles are!You can change other jets out and put the same ones in other locations if you think they are as good as we do.

Primarily we went with the Beachcomber for a few reasons. 1) Seat comfort - We found the contoured seats at every location the most comfortable design there is. 2) Big, deep foot wells. 3) Simple design philosophy at the highest quality build. No Bells and whistles and gimmics! Our 2nd and 3rd choices were Vita Nuage and Hot Springs Vanguard.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 10:57:36 pm by OnMedic »

zzaphod42

Re: Beachcomber  720 vs. Beachcomber 740
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 01:37:53 pm »
Just finished wet-test on the Eastern side of St.Paul / Mpls area.   Ranking

1a.  Beachcomber 720 Limited Edition
1b.  Hot Springs Vanguard
2.    Jacuzzi Premium

Disqualified
3   Sundance (Walked into furniture dealer -- no assistance, no wet test, cover broken on demo model).

Question for the FORUM.

Family really likes the Moto-Massage(TM) on the Hot Springs Vanguard.  

Would going to the different jet patterns on the 730 / 740 be better ?  

Beachcomber has four models with the ecstaseat that OnMedic mentions. I would definitely try wet-testing any of the models that have it - 720X, 730, 740, and 750. At that point, you and your family will probably know which hot tub is the better fit.

Joe

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 02:05:44 pm »
Billiam,
You've narrowed it down to a good 2 choices with a good alternite option. Beachcomber owners will tell you how theirs is great. Hot Springs owners will tell you how theirs is great and jacuzzi owners will tell you theirs shouldn't be the second option but should be up there with the other 2. Even the Sundance owners will probably tell you to go back and give theirs another chance. its normal for spa owners to defend their spa types but you're experiences at the dealers should be what matters. In the end the wet test you took along with the dealers invovled and any other differences need to be what matters to you. Take a few days to sort it out internally and have a family huddle. If needed, wet test the Hot Springs and Beachcomber spas a second time back to back (and add in the Jacuzzi if the first two don't give the same results as previously).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

IonHeaven

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 02:08:53 pm »
Hi,
I too am deciding between 2 or 3 beachcomber models. Unfortunately I can't wet test them all!

I also tested Jacuzzi and HS. I liked the moto massage, but I also prefer having jets on both sides of my spine. I've also enjoyed time in a HS spa on vacation and found that I didn't leave the moto massage on for very long. It is a nice feature...but the vanguard has 2, which IMO reduces other jetting options. Have you looked at the Envoy?

The beachcombers I'm deciding between are the 720x, 740 and 750. I wet tested the 740 and loved it, particularly the deeper footwells with footblaster jets.

Haven't tried a 750 but the seating options look amazing.

I am hoping to try a 720x tomorrow. Unfortunately none of these are the LE models. ??? I'm still trying to decide what to do about that.

Just as everyone on this site recommended, the only way to know what fits you best... is to wet test. They also said I can't go wrong with any of these models, and I think that's true!

Good luck in your search and let me know what you think after your wet test! IonHeaven

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 02:08:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42