What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog R6 vs. What Else?  (Read 9673 times)

FL Person

Bullfrog R6 vs. What Else?
« on: October 11, 2015, 01:11:52 pm »
I'm going to wet test the Bullfrog R6.  This will be my first spa and will be used by one person frequently and two to four very occasionally.  This is part of a large lanai extension project, so cost is an issue and I don't want to spend much more than I'd spend for the R6.

I'm a little bit north of Tampa and I'm looking for suggestions for other comparable spas to wet test.  I'm intrigued by the R6 but I want to at least consider other options.

If it matters, I travel frequently so I will probably empty the spa somewhat regularly.

TIA.

FL
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:44:57 pm by FL Person »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog R6 vs. What Else?
« on: October 11, 2015, 01:11:52 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog R6 and What Else?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:36:06 pm »
Check the websites of marquis, jacuzzi, sundance, hot spring and dimension one and see if they have dealers nearby. Whats your budget for the spa?

FL Person

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 02:11:30 pm »
I was told to expect to pay around  $7500 for the R6, and that's the neighborhood I want to be in - under $8K.

I'm not interested in WiFi or a stereo - and no lounge seating.  Just quality,  reliable and comfortable.

FL

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 03:18:00 pm »
I was told to expect to pay around  $7500 for the R6, and that's the neighborhood I want to be in - under $8K.

I'm not interested in WiFi or a stereo - and no lounge seating.  Just quality,  reliable and comfortable.

FL

Each dealer sets their own margins, there is no set price so what someone "told you to expect" may not be what you'll see in the store unless that person bought from the same dealer of course...R6 is a great little spa for the money though

FL Person

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »
Each dealer sets their own margins, there is no set price so what someone "told you to expect" may not be what you'll see in the store unless that person bought from the same dealer of course...R6 is a great little spa for the money though

$7500 was what the closest dealer told me when I made a quick visit last month.  This was prior to discussing any options and with no negotiating.

I really have no idea how that number stacks up as a starting point.

FL

Racenut

Re: Bullfrog R6 vs. What Else?
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 05:43:54 pm »
After my shopping experience, $7500 seems like a pretty good starting point for an R6.  To me, it means the dealer is more realistic and easier to work with than a dealer that tells you $10K and hopes to impress you with a huge discount.

We also looked at Sundance Edison, I really liked this one, almost got it.  Jacuzzi 245, basically the same as the Edison, slightly different jet layout.  Hot Spot Rhythm, I really wanted to like this one as I swore I would never buy a full foam tub again after having to work on my old D1.  But I just couldn't get comfy in it.  We looked at South Seas 729/748B, as the dealer we got our D1 and has always treated us well, had switched to Artesian brands.  All 4 seats, no lounge.

In the end, we liked Bullfrog.  We started out looking at the R5L expecting to downsize from our current tub... quickly upped that to the R6 as the little tubs just feel too small to me.  And ended up ordering an R7 which is quite a bit bigger than our old tub.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 07:30:11 pm »
Check the websites of marquis, jacuzzi, sundance, hot spring and dimension one and see if they have dealers nearby. Whats your budget for the spa?

To answer the OP's question these above and a few others. Beachcomber, Arctic, Artesian

You will have to wet test a few to make a comparison. You may not like the BF after testing it versus others in your price range.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:03:53 am by Tman122 »
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 11:16:09 am »
After my shopping experience, $7500 seems like a pretty good starting point for an R6.  To me, it means the dealer is more realistic and easier to work with than a dealer that tells you $10K and hopes to impress you with a huge discount.

We also looked at Sundance Edison, I really liked this one, almost got it.  Jacuzzi 245, basically the same as the Edison, slightly different jet layout.  Hot Spot Rhythm, I really wanted to like this one as I swore I would never buy a full foam tub again after having to work on my old D1.  But I just couldn't get comfy in it.  We looked at South Seas 729/748B, as the dealer we got our D1 and has always treated us well, had switched to Artesian brands.  All 4 seats, no lounge.

In the end, we liked Bullfrog.  We started out looking at the R5L expecting to downsize from our current tub... quickly upped that to the R6 as the little tubs just feel too small to me.  And ended up ordering an R7 which is quite a bit bigger than our old tub.

You were looking at some great "value" options...I sold Hot Spring for years and I'll admit that Rhythm is a nice tub for the money but as far as overall "value" in relation to price and features I would tip my cap to the R6 because your not really spending much more than a Rhythm and your getting better jetting, more warranty and a tub with better fit & finish overall...then you up sold yourself to the R7 which adds another pump, another JetPak, etc....good choice and happy soaking

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 11:22:02 am »
I'm going to wet test the Bullfrog R6.  This will be my first spa and will be used by one person frequently and two to four very occasionally.  This is part of a large lanai extension project, so cost is an issue and I don't want to spend much more than I'd spend for the R6.

I'm a little bit north of Tampa and I'm looking for suggestions for other comparable spas to wet test.  I'm intrigued by the R6 but I want to at least consider other options.

If it matters, I travel frequently so I will probably empty the spa somewhat regularly.

TIA.

FL

There are many good spas makers out there but only some of them will be local to you.

I'd suggest you go to the websites of Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance and use their dealer locator to see which ones are in your general area. Visit the closer dealers and narrow it down to 2 or 3 of what you think are the best spas and wet test them.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 07:17:47 pm »
You have to sit in tubs if you can, to find the jetting that's right for you. No one can tell you what jetting feels good to you. Any one can tell you theirs is better but until you feel it you won't know.
Retired

FL Person

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 04:32:26 pm »
You have to sit in tubs if you can, to find the jetting that's right for you. No one can tell you what jetting feels good to you. Any one can tell you theirs is better but until you feel it you won't know.

Thanks.  I plan to wet test.  What I'm trying to determine is what tub brands/models are somewhat equivalent to the Bullfrog R6 in terms of size, features and cost.  I travel for a living and don't have a lot of time to go from dealer to dealer, so I'm attempting to put together a short list.

TIA.

FL

FL Person

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 05:51:47 pm »
I had some time to kill in Louisville today so I stopped into the local Bullfrog dealer.  They quoted $6700 for the R6 if paying cash and $7100 if financed.  Cover, steps and delivery included.  I'm obviously not buying a spa in KY for my home in FL but at least I'm starting to get some pricing perspective. 

He also quoted $7500/$8000 (cash/financed) for the A6.

FL
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:55:10 pm by FL Person »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »
What else have you looked at for that money?
Retired

FL Person

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 07:10:14 pm »
What else have you looked at for that money?

Nothing yet; hence this thread.

FL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 07:10:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42