What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 93 Hot Springs Sovereign heat & circulation intermittent  (Read 2547 times)

ziggley

93 Hot Springs Sovereign heat & circulation intermittent
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:11:07 pm »
I have a 1993 Hot Springs Sovereign Model One that has worked great until recently the circulation pump froze up so I replaced it then shortly after that the heating element went out, or so I thought so I replaced it also. After replacing them both, when I power up the tub, the circulation pump runs for about 20 seconds then stops, then starts, stops, etc. The whole while the heating element is on and in a couple minutes, the water in the heater starts to boil and kicks the reset out. After the reset, the circulation pump runs constantly and the heater does not work. If I unplug the element and plug it back in, the heater will come on but then the circulation pump starts on and off again and I get the same result. I've checked voltages and don't see any unusual changes in the voltages when the switches inside the control panel open and close. What I don't understand is if the motor and heater are on the same circuit, how can one work and the other not? I'm really at a loss as to what else in the circuit has control over the circulation pump and heater? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time I've had to replace anything other than filters in over 10 years....

Hot Tub Forum

93 Hot Springs Sovereign heat & circulation intermittent
« on: October 07, 2015, 05:11:07 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 93 Hot Springs Sovereign heat & circulation intermittent
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 05:56:24 pm »
Are you sure you have actual water flowing through the circ pump because it sounds like you may have an air lock?  You need to check the output inside of the spa where the circ water comes out and verify you have water flowing because it sounds like you don't.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: 93 Hot Springs Sovereign heat & circulation intermittent
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 05:56:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42