What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2008 Marquis Epic Ozonator  (Read 3926 times)

jmauceri

2008 Marquis Epic Ozonator
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »
I recently purchased a pre-owned 2008 Marquis Epic from the original owner.  It's my first tub and I'm pretty much in love with it!

I've noticed "O3 being display a few times on the topside display and after some thought I realized I should be seeing it a lot more often than I do.  Even when "filter cycle" is lit up, I don't see O3 displayed.  So i'm thinking the Ozonator is not working.  I did a little research and I found out how to manually turn the ozonator on and off by resetting the tub and pressing the settings button during prime.  When I performed this test last night, Immediately after pressing settings, O3 popped up on the display and then I check for any glow from the ozonator, but I did not see any.  Then, after about 15 second I heard a click (like a relay) and O3 when out on the display.  This 15 second duration completely explains why I've only seen O3 a few times.

So it certainly appears that the ozonator is not working, but before I order the part I'd like to be certain that it's not a controller issue?

Would any of you fine gentleman or ladies be able to definitively answer whether the Ozonator is the problem?

If so, should I purchase the part from my Marquis Dealer or would one of the aftermarket brands suffice?

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

2008 Marquis Epic Ozonator
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »

MarKee

Re: 2008 Marquis Epic Ozonator
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 02:44:23 am »
It's almost certainly the ozonator, especially if it is the tube style with 2 gray or purple ends to it. The new style corona discharge ozonators work a bit better. You'll want to replace it with one of those, which will mount a little different than the tube style.

jmauceri

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 03:09:39 pm »
Yes, it's the tube style.  Can I ask if there's a particular brand of the CD style that you could recommend that is compatible?

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 09:21:45 am »
Del ozone apg

jmauceri

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »
Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42