What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spirit 2014  (Read 4762 times)

Brian3248484

Marquis Spirit 2014
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:19:02 pm »
    Hello, everyone I just bought a new Marquis Spirit 2014 model with many extras for 4250 delivered no taxes due to prescription from doctor.  I'm pretty sure this was a great price but I wanted any advise I could get in regards to certain future upgrades like getting the higher end pump or something called micro-silk which I don't think comes standard.  i did take a floor model so it has some extras from the 2014 line.  Any advise would help especially with the initial startups.  I have an electrician coming tomorrow for a quote and take delivery Friday.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Spirit 2014
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:19:02 pm »

castletonia

Re: Marquis Spirit 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:28:18 pm »
You got the deal of a lifetime considering that is less than wholesale.  Are you sure it has full warranty and is in fact brand new? 

The MP160 pump upgrade could be done at anytime if you are running the spa 240V.  I can't really see anyway to add Microsilk since that would require extra plumbing, two holes being drilled into the shell for the jets and an additional control panel.

Brian3248484

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:45:36 pm »
Yes I have the warranty and everything if anyone cares to read this is the situation.  There's a dealer that is no longer selling marquis so their selling their floor models off in north Miami by my home.  The reason they are no longer selling them is they are really a billiards table company that works out of a warehouse that is not a standard brick and mortal store.  The people at Marquis I spoke to said they had no issues with the billiards guy but they want to present themselves in a brick and motor store down here like Jacuzzi and such does.  Marquis also verified my warranty is legitimate and even if that billiards store were to close they have options in my area to do warranty work. 

The deal is 4250 delivery included but the delivery guys will charge a fee if it's hard to get into the space which i think will occur.  Besides this since he's out of hot tubs after me he's giving me free stairs, the cover, chemicals to start plus even more since he has no need for them anymore, a cover lift installed on it, and extra filters they have for it.  Also it no longer has the 110 volt plug because they had it hardwired as the floor model tub to show off so he's letting me have the 220 volt hookup for free on it.  After my electrician comes tomorrow to quote me and install 220 on my patio I take delivery for it Friday.  The billiards dealer told me he can walk me over the start up process over the phone and keep in touch for any initial water balancing issues.  If not he offered to come to the house too.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 09:38:44 pm »
Wow you stole that. As a dealer wish I could get them for that price. Sounds like you got the upgraded pump already if it's a 240 hook up.  As far as microsilk that needs to be factory installed. Enjoy it!

Brian3248484

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »
Thanks I didn't have much time to do a lot of research because I felt if I waited it would be gone but I don't know what kind of options I have and stuff yet.  I'm looking into buying some water balancing stuff if anyone has any advice so I don't get junk.  I do know the strips aren't great compared to the chemistry kits.  I live in South Florida and the hot tub will be on a covered patio so any advice as to how to keep it going well would be appreciated as well.  I heard not to use armor all on the cover because it will dry it out... Can I use my meguir's car leather cleaner or something like that on it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:59:42 pm by Brian3248484 »

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 02:07:41 am »
Wow the dealer lost a lot of money selling it that cheap!  Can't believe it.  You should use 303 protectant on the cover.  You can find it at most hot tub stores and marine /boating stores.

Brian3248484

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 09:02:18 am »
Great thank you.

Brian3248484

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 06:45:52 pm »
Anyone know of a good place to order chemicals and cleaners online for a good price?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 06:45:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42