What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisurite FL error  (Read 2822 times)

Family Guy 66

Leisurite FL error
« on: August 08, 2015, 11:58:03 am »
Hi all.

I've had the Leisurite/Balboa tub secondhand for five years now and never had any problems until now. The FL error code. I have replaced filters, replaced heater element, flow switch and thermostat sensor. Stripped down the pump and cleaned thoroughly. But the FL error is still there. So I then took out all the jets and put a hose in and checked each line that water was flowing, no problems. Still got the FL error. If this helps, the pump seems to pulsate, can't say if it always sounded like that. Three parts that haven't been replaced is the pump, control box/circuit board and the ozonator. The blower and all airlines work fine.

When the tub is full and heating up all jets are open and clear. The water is circulating fine through the filter compartment and at the bottom of the tub the water is being sucked into the pump fine also. I'm stuck now as what to try next.

Advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Leisurite FL error
« on: August 08, 2015, 11:58:03 am »

SEWSPCL

Re: Leisurite FL error
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:48 pm »
Open up the ticket at the bottom while it's running and it'll shoot out any air bubbles in the system. That cleared my flow error

SEWSPCL

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:28:12 pm »
Open faucet I mean

Family Guy 66

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:05:24 am »
Thanks for reply.

Going to fill it up again and try your suggestion. Only problem is that I can't see a release valve anywhere on the pipework. At the bottom of the tub I have the pipe that empties the tub and I know that is not what you're on about. The only other thing I can think of is a black screw cap on the bottom face of the pump, maybe that's what you're on about. If that doesn't work I'll take some pics to post here. Either way will post outcome soon. Thanks.

Sam

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 06:18:25 pm »
If the pump is surging, there is some sort of flow restriction or the water level was too low.  Something may have been sucked into the system and got jammed in the impeller.  You can unhook the plumbing from the front of your pump and stick your finger in there.  I've pulled all sorts of weird stuff out of there, including a lady's unmentionables  :o

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »
Yea you said you had the pump off, was it clear? That screw plug should be located on the top of the pump, did the pump get turned, it can be very easy to do? Air goes to the top of the pump and could still be the culprit. How old is the pump? Is there good flow at the jets when the pump is on high?
Retired

Family Guy 66

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:42:33 am »
Thanks everyone for replies and help.

Problem solved. Pressure switch. Even though it was bought new a few weeks ago! I did look at a few you tube vids regarding airlocks, but none seemed relevant to my problem as I was getting a good water flow. I then caught a video on how to test the pressure switch and hay ho no FL error. The pump is as old as the tub I think about 2003/4, but I do check/clean it regularly and I think the surging in the pump was a loose connection to the control panel.
Once again thank you all and hope this post helps others with same issues.
Will now be relaxing in my tub once again.  8)

Family Guy 66

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:02:00 pm »
Probably spoke to soon. Seems like I have to disconnect the pressure switch and reconnect to kind of jump start the switch and the fl error goes and the tub works normally. Now however, when it reaches desired temp it won't power down and go into normal cycles. While I've now enjoyed 2 nights in the tub, I'm having to power down manually at night and start it again during the day on and off to keep it around the temp I want. So now I'm thinking main control box at fault. It heats to set temp and when reached the heater light goes off, but continues to run, so I'm not thinking it's the temp switch.

The Ozonator is making a clicking noise and I will replace it, but I fail to see as that's the problem (even though I don't really know what it's supposed to do).

Back to youtube and you guys for advice  ;D

Thanks all

Update. Had family over last night so the tub was in use for a good few hours. Left it on to maintain temp to have a dip myself in the early hours, but forgot about it. I was expecting tub to still be running when I remembered I'd left it on but to my joy the tub is now switching off and doing it's cycles as it should. Maybe jumping the pressure switch a few times to get the diaphragm working did the trick? Anyway for now all good, all working.
Now looking into the cost of replacing the Ozonator.
 ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:28:12 am by Family Guy 66 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:02:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42