What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help cleaning a 2008 Marquis Epic Diverter Valve  (Read 4409 times)

jmauceri

Help cleaning a 2008 Marquis Epic Diverter Valve
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:23 am »
Hi Guys,
I'm new here as I just purchased a used Marquis Epic spa.  One of the diverter valves is stuck.  After some research it seems that it's possible the valve just needs to be cleaned as some debris may have lodged inside.  How do I get the valve out to clean it?  I searched the web, but I can't seem to find any instructions.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

Help cleaning a 2008 Marquis Epic Diverter Valve
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:54:23 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help cleaning a 2008 Marquis Epic Diverter Valve
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »
There is a nut that holds the valve down.  Undo that and the valve pulls out

jmauceri

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 11:02:25 am »
Are you talking about the large plastic collar?  If so, i removed that but the valve is still stuck in place.  I was wondering if there was something else holding it. 

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 01:44:05 am »
Remove the arrow selector handle or valve handle that says Z3. You should see a square nub that the valve handle connects to.  There is a circular ring around this valve that can he unscrewed. Usually it can be done by hand.  After you get the circular collar off, you will see the square nub and more of the valve. Usually the valve can be pulled out by hand, but if it can't, you should get some pliers and pull straight up on it. Try and grab the circular post that the square nub is mounted to, rather than grabbing the square nub, because if you disform the nub, the handle might not go back on properly.

jmauceri

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 08:55:24 am »
It was stuck in there pretty good but I managed to pull it up with pliers.  Thanks so much! :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 08:55:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42