What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7L - Brand new and already problematic  (Read 22933 times)

MarKee

Re: Bullfrog A7L - Brand new and already problematic
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 03:49:05 am »
What happens if that gasket isn't in place?  Loud vibrating?  Jets still work?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 03:49:05 am »

FL Person

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 07:30:11 am »
What happens if that gasket isn't in place?  Loud vibrating?  Jets still work?

Yes, it vibrates and is loud  -  but that's not the point.  Without the gasket properly secured, water will bypass the seal, substantially reducing the flow into the manifold.  Water is then forced past the seal, up the back of the manifold and "bubbles" at the surface.  In short, the Jetpack will not function properly if the gasket is not securely adhered to the Jetpack.  To be clear, it's not enough for the gasket to simply be in place.  It must be properly secured to the Jetpak in a bed of adhesive.   

In the picture, you can see the minimal amount of adhesive that was used at the factory.  I have bedded the gasket placed a generous bead of silicon caulk.  I'm waiting for it to cure.

FL Person

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2016, 01:28:21 pm »
 Waiting 3 weeks for a heater is a dealer problem not a mnfg problem.    I would also say they defiantly skimped on the silicone, and would let your dealer know what you are having to do yourself to repair it.    Your dealer needs to be held accountable!  Then call BF direct.    In the 3 years of dealing with BF I have seen a couple of those O-rings fail and have replaced no heaters as of yet, they did have a bad batch of pump motors a few months ago, but they seem to have resolved the problem.   

Bullfrog so far is light years ahead of Jacuzzi in regards to dealers spa service issues.   

FL Person

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 09:23:43 am »
Waiting 3 weeks for a heater is a dealer problem not a mnfg problem.    I would also say they defiantly skimped on the silicone, and would let your dealer know what you are having to do yourself to repair it.    Your dealer needs to be held accountable!  Then call BF direct.    In the 3 years of dealing with BF I have seen a couple of those O-rings fail and have replaced no heaters as of yet, they did have a bad batch of pump motors a few months ago, but they seem to have resolved the problem.   

Bullfrog so far is light years ahead of Jacuzzi in regards to dealers spa service issues.   
The dealer farms-out warranty work to another company.  I'm going to swing by the dealer this week to let them know about the second o-ring issue.

With regard to support directly from Bullfrog, I'm not too impressed.  I first contacted Bullfrog earlier this summer using the generic email contact info on their site (info@bullfrogspas.com).  After more than a week, I received no reply so I followed up with another email.  Nearly a week later, I received a reply from Brant Harsh.  I could have mailed letters from FL to Utah through the USPS and received a quicker reposnse.

Back in October, when I was trying to figure out what was going on with the lights, I emailed Brant Harsh directly.  I never received a reply.

FL Person

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 09:23:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42