What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog LED Lights - Am I Missing Something?  (Read 5665 times)

FL Person

Bullfrog LED Lights - Am I Missing Something?
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:31:15 pm »
I've had my Bullfrog R6 for a few months.  I've been finding the interior LED lights are coming on randomly after use.  When I say randomly, I'm 100% positive I haven't accidentally or mistakenly switched them on.  I haven't been able to pinpoint when they're coming on but I've seen the glow under the cover as soon as a couple of hours after use to as late as the following morning.

I have an email into Bullfrog and have gotten no reply.  Is there some kind of menu setting I haven't been able to find in the user manual that has the lights turning on automatically?  Or is this likely a fault?

Thanks.

FL Person

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog LED Lights - Am I Missing Something?
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:31:15 pm »

39lasalle

Re: Bullfrog LED Lights - Am I Missing Something?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »
I know on the A Series you can program the lights to come on at a certain time , not sure about the R Series.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
Sounds weird.  I would call your dealer.

FL Person

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:29:17 pm »
I will call the dealer tomorrow. 

I left the cover up this afternoon after using the tub - to 100% eliminate the possibility that maybe somehow the switch panel was being activated by the cover coming in contact with it.  About 3 to 3.5 hours after using the spa, the lights came on.

Also, the LCD display is always illuminated.  I don't know if this is normal?  Can anyone else with a recent "R" model confirm whether the LCD display is backlit 100% of the time?

Thanks.

FL Person

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 12:27:22 pm »

I left the cover up this afternoon after using the tub - to 100% eliminate the possibility that maybe somehow the switch panel was being activated by the cover coming in contact with it.  About 3 to 3.5 hours after using the spa, the lights came on.

Also, the LCD display is always illuminated.  I don't know if this is normal?  Can anyone else with a recent "R" model confirm whether the LCD display is backlit 100% of the time?

Thanks.

FL Person

Yes, it is normal for the LCD display to be lit all the time...as far as lights coming on randomly I've never heard of such a thing

FL Person

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 02:15:56 pm »
Yes, it is normal for the LCD display to be lit all the time...as far as lights coming on randomly I've never heard of such a thing

Thanks.  I called the dealer and I'm waiting for a call back.  His first suggestion was that the lights have a timer function.  I explained that while the lights on the "A" model appear to be programmable, I can find no such similar functionally discussed in the manual for the "R" model.

I also recently inflated the pillows for  the first time.  I don't believe I over inflated them but two of the three pillows seem semi-collapsed when inflated, causing them to twist to the point that they are difficult to secure into place.

In the attached pics, both pillows are inflated.  You can see how the one on the right appears partially flattened, as though the bladder is not properly shaped or is sticking closed on the inside.

FL Person

tmaestas95

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 04:34:00 pm »

Thanks.

FL Person

My R8 LCD is not lit all the time - it is only lit when buttons have been pressed on it.

FL Person

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 04:53:17 pm »
My R8 LCD is not lit all the time - it is only lit when buttons have been pressed on it.

I just took a look and the display and it was not backlit.  Hmmmm.  Not sure why it stayed illuminated for hours last night.

I still haven't heard back from my dealer but in pressing the menu button to get the display to back light, I cycled through a "Lite Timr" menu selection.  I distinctly remember being told this function is not active on the "R" series.  I just searched the manual for a third time in two days and can find no mention of a timer function in the section of the manual that is relevant to the "R" series.  But guess what?  I made a selection on the "Lite Timr" menu and saw that there was in fact an "On" and "Off" selection.   I noticed that is was set to come on at 9pm.  I just selected "Off."  I'm assuming this will be the fix.

Maybe I'm missing it but I see no mention of the "Lite Timr" in the manual as it applies to the "R" series.  It is only listed as a feature of the "A" and "Stil" series.  I think the manual is incorrect. 

With regard to the display back lighting, after having made these menu selections, the display is now illuminated.  I can't stare at it endlessly to see how long it stays illuminated but so far it's been about ten minutes from last button-press and it's still illuminated.

FL Person

tmaestas95

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 09:42:19 pm »
To expand a bit, my display is not lit all the time but it does stay on for some extended amount of time after buttons are pushed (e.g after turning on the pumps to soak, the display is still on 30 minutes later when I'm done).  I'm not sure how long they stay on but there's definitely an (eventual) timeout.

The manuals are garbage :)

FL Person

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 11:13:40 pm »
To expand a bit, my display is not lit all the time but it does stay on for some extended amount of time after buttons are pushed (e.g after turning on the pumps to soak, the display is still on 30 minutes later when I'm done).  I'm not sure how long they stay on but there's definitely an (eventual) timeout.

That's what I'm seeing too.  The display stays lit for quite a while - at least an hour.  Maybe two or more.

I agree.  The funny thing is - not only does the manual make no mention of the light timer function on the "R" models but I specifically remember the dealer, on the day the tub was delivered, pointing out this menu feature and stating that this function only works on "A" models. 

FL Person

FL Person

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 05:55:50 pm »

I agree.  The funny thing is - not only does the manual make no mention of the light timer function on the "R" models but I specifically remember the dealer, on the day the tub was delivered, pointing out this menu feature and stating that this function only works on "A" models. 

For those interested, the control panel on the "R" model Bullfrog spas is made by Balboa.  If you go to this page (click here) and click on the link for "User Guide 40940" listed under "TP400 and TP600," you'll find proper and comprehinsive information regarding the operation of your "R" model spa - including the fact that the "R" does in fact have a Light Timer function, despite the fact that the Bullfrog owners manual makes no mention of this.

FL Person

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 05:55:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42