What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring ACE System  (Read 8570 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Spring ACE System
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 01:44:57 pm »
Btw, that post was totally tongue in cheek and not meant to be a dig at you Twincities.  You seem like one of the good ones.  Just having fun.

Plus one! 

Our kits contain 1 Jacuzzi proclear mineral cartridge, 1 btl of Leisure time replenish only 15% chlorine mixed with monopersulfate, spa defender, spa up or spa down depending where they live.  Bout it..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 01:44:57 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 02:59:42 pm »
You haven't mentioned water hardness - it needs to be low.

If your test strip is one color block above the 'ok' range, add two dry ounces (1/4 cup) of pH reducer. If it is way up the scale, add three ounces, test again in five to eight hours, and add another three if it is still way up the scale. You need to get that pH down quickly - and keep it down if it is creeping back up.

You may have something going in the tub which raises the pH - I had to take my kids back and exchange them four times before we finally stopped getting "pH creep." Now we are working on my brother-in-law.

HTH

8)

(PS- that last part was tongue-in-cheek)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dishdude

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »
You haven't mentioned water hardness - it needs to be low.

If your test strip is one color block above the 'ok' range, add two dry ounces (1/4 cup) of pH reducer. If it is way up the scale, add three ounces, test again in five to eight hours, and add another three if it is still way up the scale. You need to get that pH down quickly - and keep it down if it is creeping back up.

You may have something going in the tub which raises the pH - I had to take my kids back and exchange them four times before we finally stopped getting "pH creep." Now we are working on my brother-in-law.

HTH

8)

(PS- that last part was tongue-in-cheek)

haha Thanks. Hardness is good, I guess I just haven't been adding enough PH- (I was afraid of adding too much so I was just adding a teaspoon at a time) and the ACE setting was set too low for all the use it's been getting. Adjusting that up took care of the chlorine level. So I think it's all good now.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 06:11:37 pm »
Btw, that post was totally tongue in cheek and not meant to be a dig at you Twincities.  You seem like one of the good ones.  Just having fun.

its all good brother, we all have our various "unique" products and have to market them appropriately...its just business.  The funny thing is, (this may sound twisted but its true) but the more "bashing" competitors do against the ACE is actually better for me from a sales standpoint as far as in-store leads are concerned.

Customer: Gee Eric I left your store, went down the street to shop Jacuzzi and I mentioned I was looking at a Grandee model with ACE and all the sales person did was tell me everything was going to corrode, it was expensive, it doesn't work, etc etc etc.

Me: Sir, How did it make you feel when you walked into a Jacuzzi store to learn about the Jacuzzi product and all you were told was how bad the competition is?

Customer: "a little weird actually" <----9 times out of 10 this is exactly what I hear

Me: So you spent 45 minutes at Jacuzzi, what did you learn?

Customer: ummmmm, ummmmmm, uummmmm something about a 50/50 mixture or something?

Me thinking to myself: Excelllllent, would you like to hear the truths behind some of the things you were told as "truth" and how it will help me choose the perfect spa for you and your family?

30min. - 1 hour later.......check = written

so ya, bash alll day long boys and keep sending them my way after you do   8)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 06:44:58 pm »
 Sounds like that Jacuzzi salesman isn't a very good salesman.  Your lucky I don't work down the street from you  :P   ;D

dishdude

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 02:46:12 pm »

its all good brother, we all have our various "unique" products and have to market them appropriately...its just business.  The funny thing is, (this may sound twisted but its true) but the more "bashing" competitors do against the ACE is actually better for me from a sales standpoint as far as in-store leads are concerned.

Customer: Gee Eric I left your store, went down the street to shop Jacuzzi and I mentioned I was looking at a Grandee model with ACE and all the sales person did was tell me everything was going to corrode, it was expensive, it doesn't work, etc etc etc.

Me: Sir, How did it make you feel when you walked into a Jacuzzi store to learn about the Jacuzzi product and all you were told was how bad the competition is?

Customer: "a little weird actually" <----9 times out of 10 this is exactly what I hear

Me: So you spent 45 minutes at Jacuzzi, what did you learn?

Customer: ummmmm, ummmmmm, uummmmm something about a 50/50 mixture or something?

Me thinking to myself: Excelllllent, would you like to hear the truths behind some of the things you were told as "truth" and how it will help me choose the perfect spa for you and your family?

30min. - 1 hour later.......check = written

so ya, bash alll day long boys and keep sending them my way after you do   8)

Funny, that's exactly what the Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer was like. After visiting that place, there was no way I was buying a thing from them.

Sam

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 05:09:33 pm »
Yeah, there are a lot of clueless sales guys in our industry.  I'm glad though  ;D  Being friendly, knowing your product, and focusing on the positives of your product will get you a lot more sales than trying to bash the competition.  Even if someone asks me about Cal Spas, I avoid being negative.  I will, however, tell them to search for reviews on any hot tub they are interested in.  If they still buy a Cal, well that's on them lol.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 05:09:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42