What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2014 Hot Spring Vanguard Price  (Read 5303 times)

Sooner Wing

2014 Hot Spring Vanguard Price
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »
So we are putting in a pool and the wife wants a spa with spillover.  However, I feel that an in ground spa like that is just a really expensive water feature.  Im not a hot tub guy in general but if she is dead set on one I would rather get something of value for my money.  So I did a quick google search for best hot tub brands and saw that Hot Springs had a big following.  I had the wife meet me at the local HS dealer and we wet tested a Vanguard and she fell in love with it.  The have a 2014 floor model with ACE, Rock skirt (not sure what that is called), cradle, and steps and I was able to get them down to $11,999 but I have no idea what kind of deal that is.  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

2014 Hot Spring Vanguard Price
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: 2014 Hot Spring Vanguard Price
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »
So we are putting in a pool and the wife wants a spa with spillover.  However, I feel that an in ground spa like that is just a really expensive water feature.  Im not a hot tub guy in general but if she is dead set on one I would rather get something of value for my money.  So I did a quick google search for best hot tub brands and saw that Hot Springs had a big following.  I had the wife meet me at the local HS dealer and we wet tested a Vanguard and she fell in love with it.  The have a 2014 floor model with ACE, Rock skirt (not sure what that is called), cradle, and steps and I was able to get them down to $11,999 but I have no idea what kind of deal that is.  Any thoughts?

Its a floor model which helps on the price but then you have to factor in the Ace and Spa Stone siding which are quite significant add-ons plus the other items and I'd say that's pretty good but you could always counter to see if there is more wiggle room or maybe request them to add some chems and other items you want, they can only say no.

Sooner Wing

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:37:36 am »
Would still appreciate more thoughts on the pricing I was quoted:

2014 HS Vanguard (floor model): $11,999
Ace Saltwater System
Spa Stone Siding
Cover
CoverCradle (not sure if its first or second gen)
Steps
Delivery & Setup

(Assuming but will clarify)
Starter Chemicals
Pillows

(going to try to negotiate the following into the deal)
Spa Stone Steps
Additional Salt Water System Cell - Since this is a floor model there is a solid chance that it has been filled a few times for customers to wet test.  This may not be true because they have a Vanguard in the "mood room" but that is still how I am going to leverage it.

I would also like to leverage comparable models by other reputable manufacturers.  What make/models compete with the HS Vanguard?

Sooner Wing

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 05:27:28 pm »
So that plan I laid out above didn't work so well.  All I was able to get them to throw in was the spa panel (supposedly a $250 value) but they didn't budge any more than that. They have a Vanguard that they use for Wet Testing and I could purchase that one as well.

2014 Vanguard (Spa Stone Grey / Alpine White) $11,999
Ace Saltwater System
Cover
Cradle II
Steps
Delivery

OR

2014 Vanguard (Teak / Tuscan Sun) $11,495
***Has been in the "Mood Room" for wet testing for 8 months.  Warranty would start fresh on delivery. Will put in all new filters etc...
Ace Saltwater System
BlueTooth System
Cover
Cradle II
Steps
Delivery

If I had my choice I would combine the two for the perfect tub at a great price.  Wife loves the Spa Stone and I love the Tuscan Sun look.  Not sure which is a better value although I think that I would be happy with either one.  The Bluetooth system sounded terrific.

Thoughts???

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 05:54:15 pm »
That's a good price for that package. But it could be more expensive to get them to your area than here. I think there may be more in there but.......if she loves it??? Might be a win, win  ;D
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 05:54:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42